PDA

View Full Version : Griffy Jr. Shopped

Mathew
04-15-2002, 03:29 PM
I was listening to the Play by play on the Orioles feed today, and he said that Seattle is actively pursuing Griffey back. Anyone else hear this?

ma-gaga
04-15-2002, 03:49 PM
That's a bad rumor. Seattle has no need for Jr. Even with McLemore in LF, they don't need him.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm sure the Reds would love to end that nightmare, however

Mathew
04-15-2002, 03:56 PM
The only thing I could think is that Edgar is more hurt than they are letting on and the reason for him leaving (money) are no longer an issue, with the new stadium. I was just checking because the guy said he didn't believe it at first but confirmed it with what he called"very reliable sources", no biggy just wondering, wouldn't be the first time we mentioned the hypothetical here.

Jjav829
04-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
I was listening to the Play by play on the Orioles feed today, and he said that Seattle is actively pursuing Griffey back. Anyone else hear this?

This rumor went around last week however it has been strongly denied by the Mariners front office.

ma-gaga
04-15-2002, 04:15 PM
I've heard the rumor. I'm just not sure where it came from. Sorry if it felt like I jumped all over you. I'm a little cranky today... I just don't understand why Seattle would want him back. He kind of burned off that bridge when he left.

I'm sure Seattle's pretty happy with their fleecing of Cincy. The trade just worked out fantastically for them, and unfortunately for Cincy, terribly for them. Even with the hometown discount, Griffey has cost them a lot of money for very little production.

It's already 4:30 pm?

:)

Unregistered
04-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah, i read about that rumor last week, i think on ESPN.com, to which it was quicklly dismissed as a completely baseless rumor. It went on to say that aside from all the reasons why the M's wouldn't want a player who wont be available for over a month, Cincinnati doesn't want to part with who they think will be one of their marquee players going into next season with a brand new ballpark.

doublem23
04-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Just throwing this out there...

Let's just say the opprotunity presented itself to nab Giffey... Forget the money questions (Reinsdorf opens his wallet a la Albert Belle...), and KW can snag him for pretty much nothing...

Good or bad? :?:

Obviously I know it won't happen, but still... What do we all think?

RichH55
04-15-2002, 05:02 PM
If Griffey would come cheap it should be a no brainer

Mathew
04-15-2002, 09:12 PM
An outfield of Griffey, Lofton, Ordonez in any order would be deadly.

Dadawg_77
04-15-2002, 10:42 PM
What would it cost? I am not paying what the Reds did for him.

RedPinStripes
04-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
An outfield of Griffey, Lofton, Ordonez in any order would be deadly.

:LTP
ehhum!

Blueprint1
04-16-2002, 03:37 AM
We dont want Griffey in our outfield we have too many outfielders as we speak. If we spend big money I hope its to keep our players and maybe sign a pitcher.

RichH55
04-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
We dont want Griffey in our outfield we have too many outfielders as we speak. If we spend big money I hope its to keep our players and maybe sign a pitcher.

I worry about signing a pitcher...going the FA route for a "proven" arm usually is an exercise is getting less bang for your buck...if you are talking extending contracts tahn Im with you