PDA

View Full Version : The A-Rod poll

doublem23
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
ESPN was surprised that a poll yesterday revealed 60% of people did not want A-Rod on their favorite team in 2008... So I'll put it to us... Would you want Alex Rodriguez on the White Sox next year?

oeo
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
No, because we have too many other holes to fill. If all we needed was a SS, I'd say give him whatever he wants.

chisoxfanatic
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Only if the price were right. I want Hunter here obviously, and that's going to cost a bundle. I'd also like Crawford here, which would cost a bundle to tie down for the long run. We also need MAJOR help in the bullpen, or it won't matter how great our lineup is!

RockyMtnSoxFan
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Only if the price were right. I want Hunter here obviously, and that's going to cost a bundle. I'd also like Crawford here, which would cost a bundle to tie down for the long run. We also need MAJOR help in the bullpen, or it won't matter how great our lineup is!

Exactly, which is why we should never get Pay-Rod. We couldn't do any of those things very effectively if he was on the payroll, and we'd probably have to cut somewhere else. That might mean getting rid of Konerko or Buehrle or someone else. No matter how good Pay-Rod is, he's still just one player.

By the way, I voted "Not at all."

mjmcend
11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
ESPN was surprised that a poll yesterday revealed 60% of people did not want A-Rod on their favorite team in 2008... So I'll put it to us... Would you want Alex Rodriguez on the White Sox next year?

Was it including his salary or independent of money? Because if its the later, that is just another data point that all ESPN consumers are morons.

chisoxmike
11-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Why would you not want the best player playing in the game?

MUsoxfan
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Why would you not want the best player playing in the game?

I'd love him, but he's a payroll eater. Ask the Texas Rangers how things worked out for them when they couldn't afford to bring in other talent