PDA

View Full Version : Is this Lofton's only year with the SOX?

Unregistered
04-15-2002, 03:10 PM
MAN, this offense is great...we'll get you from all sides! See, it seems to me that teams like Cleveland are getting out of jams by having guys like Ellis Burks and Matt Lawton hitting homers for them (which WONT be happening all year) as opposed to just solid, situational hitting...

by the way, ken williams better get down on his knees and sign ken lofton to an extended contract...what is it, 12 straight games with a run scored for lofton? I've never seen a guy so consistantly turn walks into triples, steal bases on ball fours, and just generally create havoc on the bases... this guy is awesome, and now i remember why i hated him so much when he played for the indians...

(sorry for the accidental re-post)

Kilroy
04-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
...by the way, ken williams better get down on his knees and sign ken lofton to an extended contract...

Ummm, just like it's too early to be handing Fogg the Cy Young for his pitching in Pittsburgh so far this year, it's too soon to be handing out a fat contract to Lofton. Altho if he keeps it up for about 3 more months, I'd give him about 150% increase and keep it incentive laden for him...

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
.... if he keeps it up for about 3 more months, I'd give him about 150% increase and keep it incentive laden for him...
If he keeps this up, he'll laugh at a 150% increase.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

And its wayyyyyyyyyyyy to early to be talking about this....although I can see the "Why didnt KW sign Lofton long-term when he had the chance posts later in the year?" To some every move we make is the wrong one

RichH55
04-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

And its wayyyyyyyyyyyy to early to be talking about this....although I can see the "Why didnt KW sign Lofton long-term when he had the chance posts later in the year?" To some every move we make is the wrong one

And I wasn't referencing you at all there Nellie....hoping I didnt make it sound like I was

CerberusWG
04-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey don't we have some guy called Borchard somewhere?

:LTP

hey, CF is mine next year!

Mathew
04-15-2002, 03:48 PM
See they benched him, for Rowand, getting ready to ship him out.

Paulwny
04-15-2002, 03:54 PM

Absolutely,
If he keeps this up teams will be linning up to talk to him next year.

Mathew
04-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Anyone who finished with .426 average, uh yeah.

But I guess Helton would take a big paycut too. It's too early.

Unregistered
04-15-2002, 04:14 PM

exactly my point... this is kenny lofton...he's been doing this pretty much his entire career...its not like he's been putting up royce numbers his whole career and all of the sudden he's having this lucky year... and i dont think the argument is if he can keep it up. sure, he's not going to hit .400 all season, but what else is he doing that is uncharacteristic? bunt singles? 3 base walks? that IS kenny lofton. thats what he did for cleveland, thats what he's doing for us.

Mathew
04-15-2002, 04:20 PM
I always thought it was a good move, Lofton sucked hard at the start of last year but finished strong, since his #s were low, due to start, he was said to be too old and skills declining, I think he's a hell of a bargan, but let's not wet ourselves yet, Brady Anderson started on fire too.