PDA

View Full Version : KW snaps at Butter


duke of dorwood
04-15-2002, 01:37 PM
He told Bruce Levine that not only was he tired of hearing "things" from Charlotte, but says the "clubhouse" is too.

These were in response to a question about Parque

:butter

#%##90mph&*#@##

Paulwny
04-15-2002, 01:40 PM
The surfer guy needs to grow -up.

RedPinStripes
04-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He told Bruce Levine that not only was he tired of hearing "things" from Charlotte, but says the "clubhouse" is too.

These were in response to a question about Parque

:butter

#%##90mph&*#@##

Which clubhouse? Charolette? or Chicago?

doublem23
04-15-2002, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Parque is a real moron. For all I care, he can stay in Charlotte for the next 15 years.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah, Parque is a real moron. For all I care, he can stay in Charlotte for the next 15 years.


Do you mind a comeback in the 16th year? Rough Day?

hold2dibber
04-15-2002, 04:43 PM
I understand Parque's frustration. It seems to me like they've been jerking him around and dealing with him via the media instead of behind closed doors. It seems to me that KW tends to dislike some guys for reasons undecipherable to the public (e.g. Sean Lowe last year, Parque this year) and there's not much the player can do to get out of the dog house. I think they just need to have a heart to heart with Parque, be up front about his status and their plans for him (i.e., what does he have to do to get back to the bigs) and promise that they will communicate to him in private, not through the media, and demand the same from him.

Parque is a hard nosed competitor, and that sometimes makes him a bit too lose with the lip. But I still think he can be a critical contributor, like he was in 2000, this year. I know they're going to need another arm and he might be it.

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I understand Parque's frustration. It seems to me like they've been jerking him around and dealing with him via the media instead of behind closed doors. It seems to me that KW tends to dislike some guys for reasons undecipherable to the public (e.g. Sean Lowe last year, Parque this year) and there's not much the player can do to get out of the dog house. I think they just need to have a heart to heart with Parque, be up front about his status and their plans for him (i.e., what does he have to do to get back to the bigs) and promise that they will communicate to him in private, not through the media, and demand the same from him.

Parque is a hard nosed competitor, and that sometimes makes him a bit too lose with the lip. But I still think he can be a critical contributor, like he was in 2000, this year. I know they're going to need another arm and he might be it.

Maybe they were dealing with him in private and he was being a whiny bitch and not liking what they had to say, so they started going through the media.

OfficerKarkovice
04-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
It seems to me that KW tends to dislike some guys for reasons undecipherable to the public (e.g. Sean Lowe last year, Parque this year) and there's not much the player can do to get out of the dog house.

Not get lit up for 8 runs every start?

doublem23
04-15-2002, 04:57 PM
I don't understand Parque...

He's not that great of a pitcher... He can't go more than 5 IP, and the Sox have a lot more talented pitchers. If he had a brain cell he'd shut his damn mouth and realize he's playing baseball for life and do his job instead of whine about the food they get in Charlotte.

Shut up, Butter.

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't understand Parque...

He's not that great of a pitcher... He can't go more than 5 IP, and the Sox have a lot more talented pitchers. If he had a brain cell he'd shut his damn mouth and realize he's playing baseball for life and do his job instead of whine about the food they get in Charlotte.

Shut up, Butter.

He was whining about the food in Charlotte? He is making a pretty hefty salary. He can go buy his own dinner if that is the case.

doublem23
04-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


He was whining about the food in Charlotte? He is making a pretty hefty salary. He can go buy his own dinner if that is the case.

Something like that.. He was crabbin' about how he's not gettin star treatment in Charlotte, as if he's a superstar anyways.

RedPinStripes
04-15-2002, 05:08 PM
He should be greatful he's a lefty. He might have gotten walking papers by now with all his bitching and being an average pitcher.

Tragg
04-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Well I hope that he can get his game back such that he is useful in the pen. We still need some dePENdable lefties

Jerry_Manuel
04-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Which clubhouse? Charolette? or Chicago?

I'm sure by clubhouse he meant Jon Rauch.

:rauch
My thinking is that if I start nasty rumors, I'll get to keep his job. :smile:

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He should be greatful he's a lefty. He might have gotten walking papers by now with all his bitching and being an average pitcher.

average? thats giving him the benefit of the doubt..... :gulp:

doublem23
04-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


average? thats giving him the benefit of the doubt..... :gulp:

Wow... I agree with bmr for the first time ever.

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Wow... I agree with bmr for the first time ever.


woooooohooooo im on a roll! *****

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Something like that.. He was crabbin' about how he's not gettin star treatment in Charlotte, as if he's a superstar anyways.

The nerve of him. Does anyone have the link to the article? He is doing what most guys would give their left nut and maybe their right nut for a living and he is bitching? He is making well over a million. He just became one of my least favorite players.

hold2dibber
04-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


average? thats giving him the benefit of the doubt..... :gulp:

I just don't get all of the animosity Sox fans seem to have for Parque. He has had two full years in the majors, one bad, one good. In 2000 (his last full season) he was 13-6 with a 4.28 ERA (pretty good in the offense-crazy 2000 campaign) and 187 IP. He also pitched great in game 1 of the playoffs. I would be absolutely thrilled to get that kind of production out of him again this year (hell, if Garland or Wright puts up those kind of numbers, people will want to throw them a parade). And don't forget, Parque just turned 25. Assuming he's healthy, there's no reason to think that his best years aren't in front of him. Seems to me that pitchers usually hit their stride at about 26-29 years old. I don't know if he is best suited to be a starter or a long reliever, but Parque has given ample reason to believe that he can and should be an effective major league pitcher.

And what exactly has he whined about? I read the article in the Sun-Times on Sunday about his situation in Charlotte, and although he obviously wants to be on the big club, who wouldn't? And he did not say anything disrespectful or that I would construe as whining - so what exactly is everyone talking about? I just don't get it.

doublem23
04-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


The nerve of him. Does anyone have the link to the article? He is doing what most guys would give their left nut and maybe their right nut for a living and he is bitching? He is making well over a million. He just became one of my least favorite players.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9382

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber


I just don't get all of the animosity Sox fans seem to have for Parque. He has had two full years in the majors, one bad, one good. In 2000 (his last full season) he was 13-6 with a 4.28 ERA (pretty good in the offense-crazy 2000 campaign) and 187 IP. He also pitched great in game 1 of the playoffs. I would be absolutely thrilled to get that kind of production out of him again this year (hell, if Garland or Wright puts up those kind of numbers, people will want to throw them a parade). And don't forget, Parque just turned 25. Assuming he's healthy, there's no reason to think that his best years aren't in front of him. Seems to me that pitchers usually hit their stride at about 26-29 years old. I don't know if he is best suited to be a starter or a long reliever, but Parque has given ample reason to believe that he can and should be an effective major league pitcher.

And what exactly has he whined about? I read the article in the Sun-Times on Sunday about his situation in Charlotte, and although he obviously wants to be on the big club, who wouldn't? And he did not say anything disrespectful or that I would construe as whining - so what exactly is everyone talking about? I just don't get it.


im probably going to get slammed for this but....i dont look at numbers i look at talent. Parque lacks talent and yes i dont like his selfish comments of late....

Mathew
04-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Based on that statement I'm entitled to say that I like Parque and his 25yr old left arm, and I agree with him that IHOP sucks.

RedPinStripes
04-16-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber



And what exactly has he whined about? I read the article in the Sun-Times on Sunday about his situation in Charlotte, and although he obviously wants to be on the big club, who wouldn't? And he did not say anything disrespectful or that I would construe as whining - so what exactly is everyone talking about? I just don't get it.

You don't remember all the bitching about being in the bullpen and about Manuel not letting him finish a game? What about his little temper tantrums when he gets taken out in the 5th? All this last year, and the arrogant prick knew he was hurt the whole time he was bitching..

:butter
shut the #$%!#$!^$#~%!$#%!#$$ up RPS!

Kilroy
04-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
You don't remember all the bitching about being in the bullpen and about Manuel not letting him finish a game? What about his little temper tantrums when he gets taken out in the 5th? All this last year, and the arrogant prick knew he was hurt the whole time he was bitching..

Seems to me that Parque was trying to pitch thru his injury last year about the same time that everyone was blowing David Wells for ripping Frank when Frank couldn't play thru his.

Parque needs to shut up and pitch. When he pitches well, he'll be back up here. He'd be a better lefty out of the pen than Marte or Porzio. I'd actually love to have Parque in that role. But he's also good enough to be in the Sox rotation when he's right, and it'd be nice to have another lefty starter.

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


You don't remember all the bitching about being in the bullpen and about Manuel not letting him finish a game? What about his little temper tantrums when he gets taken out in the 5th? All this last year, and the arrogant prick knew he was hurt the whole time he was bitching..

:butter
shut the #$%!#$!^$#~%!$#%!#$$ up RPS!


Most of the comments guys make can be taken anyway you like.......a guy pitches through pain it can be seen as a warrior or a fool who pitching hurt...its really your perogative there......and he wants to pitch better, he wants to win, he wants to be the best....isnt that what you want?

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:06 AM
And please read Jim's comments.....this is not Carl Everitt/Derek Bell type stuff...this is a guy who is a major leaguer who is playing in Triple A for the time being and seems like he wants to be back up...he isnt ripping teammates or saying play me or trade me...just essentially venting some frustration....it also mentioned he was recently in a car accident(and IIRC didnt he just have a child...That one I dont know, I could very very well be wrong)...but the car accident coupled with coming off an injury(and the uncertainty it brings, especially when he doesnt know when he'll be back with the big club or in what role)....and strangely I can justify him not loving IHOP or his current situation....the solution is to pitch better and get back on the big club that way, but that doesnt mean he should be in love with his current situation

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:09 AM
You know ...with comments/events...I think it depends alot of who the person is and what you think of them......If someone you like makes these comments: He's itching to get back to the MLB and tear it up...hes got character A guy plays hurt you like: He's a Warrior You don't like him: He's hurting the ballclub You run break up a double play and you're Albert Belle: you are public enemy number 1 Cal Ripken same play: We elect him Saint of Baseball and tell kids watch that man , he's a hall of famer and he's playing the game the right way and playing hard


Am I way off base here?

voodoochile
04-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
You know ...with comments/events...I think it depends alot of who the person is and what you think of them......If someone you like makes these comments: He's itching to get back to the MLB and tear it up...hes got character A guy plays hurt you like: He's a Warrior You don't like him: He's hurting the ballclub You run break up a double play and you're Albert Belle: you are public enemy number 1 Cal Ripken same play: We elect him Saint of Baseball and tell kids watch that man , he's a hall of famer and he's playing the game the right way and playing hard


Am I way off base here?

Not way off base, but I think it does depend on who the player is and what they are bitching about. Cal Ripken (a guaranteed first ballot HOF'er) rips his teammates for not playing hard - you listen.

Parque (a 3rd year pitcher with a lot to prove) bitches about not making the team when he clearly wasn't ready and then compounds it by bitching about the food in Charlotte (when he could afford a porterhouse nightly if he chooses) after bitching about being a starter (everyone remembers Cal screaming how he was a SS not a 3B a few years ago, right?) and you start to get tired of listening to him flap his gums.

I hope Butter comes back and helps the Sox in whatever way he can (starter, reliever, trade-bait), but until that time, he should **** and do his job - last time I checked he got paid pretty well to do it...

Mathew
04-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Not way off base, but I think it does depend on who the player is and what they are bitching about. Cal Ripken (a guaranteed first ballot HOF'er) rips his teammates for not playing hard - you listen.

Parque (a 3rd year pitcher with a lot to prove) bitches about not making the team when he clearly wasn't ready and then compounds it by bitching about the food in Charlotte (when he could afford a porterhouse nightly if he chooses) after bitching about being a starter (everyone remembers Cal screaming how he was a SS not a 3B a few years ago, right?) and you start to get tired of listening to him flap his gums.

I hope Butter comes back and helps the Sox in whatever way he can (starter, reliever, trade-bait), but until that time, he should **** and do his job - last time I checked he got paid pretty well to do it...

Unless you are an IHOP exec. how do you really take exception to those comments. He's made comments in lew of being asked a question for the upteenth time, which he feels his play had answeared. "How's it going in Charlotte means, when will you be ready up here?" This inference is drawn because management setsome criteria for his return, and he has met them. Even if you don't agree with his being on the team, you should appreciate the fact that he isn't happy there and shouldn't be, so he need not say that he is.

kermittheefrog
04-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Parque (a 3rd year pitcher with a lot to prove) bitches about not making the team when he clearly wasn't ready and then compounds it by bitching about the food in Charlotte (when he could afford a porterhouse nightly if he chooses) after bitching about being a starter (everyone remembers Cal screaming how he was a SS not a 3B a few years ago, right?) and you start to get tired of listening to him flap his gums.


Cal did bitch about moving. In fact they wanted to move him before they actually did and he wouldn't budge ont he issuer for a while. In his last two years he really should have been DHing if on the field at all but he wouldn't tolerate a move to DH. Plus as nice as it is to laud him for playing everyday you have to think about the consequences. It had to take something out of him to be on the field everyday and he played with injuries sometimes. His streak was impressive but it's arguable how much it helped him or his team other than some extra gate receipts.