PDA

View Full Version : New 2008 Sox on-field jacket on-sale at Sports Authority

Vernam
11-13-2007, 06:45 PM
The quality of Sports Authority stores varies a lot, IMO, but yesterday I got a steal on this new jacket (http://www.teamstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2811924). Along with a lot of other gear, it was marked down 30 percent. :bandance:

This is the first time I've ever posted about buying Sox apparel, so cut me some slack if you think it's lame and/or boring. :wink: Apart from gloating, I figured someone else might be interested in the sale. Store I went to is on 75th by I-355 in Woodridge/Downers Grove area.

Vernam

C-Dawg
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Not a bad looking jacket! Good to see the diamond-sock logo moved back up to the shoulder where it belongs, after a couple seasons where the jackets had the patch way down on the forearm, where its likely to get dirty or wet when you lean on the bar! (and looked silly there too)

chisox77
11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I have a warm-up jacket that matches that style. It is a pullover with a small zipper below the neck. Anyway, great acquisition!

:cool:

skottyj242
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
I already own two of those style jackets but I want this one because now they're water and wind proof. I'm a sucker for anything with that logo on it.

P.S. I liked the patch on the forearm.

yazz32
11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
So how much total was the jacket?

esbrechtel
11-14-2007, 11:03 AM
whatever material that jacket is made of is awesome.....and that patch on the sleeve is rubber...I'm hoping to get one for Xmas if not i might have to splurge a little....

Vernam
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
So how much total was the jacket?With 30 percent off, it was $84, marked down from $120. Places are actually selling it for $120, though I'd never pay that.

Chisox77, the zipper on this one goes all the way from bottom to top including the collar, not a pull-over (though those are nice, too). The rubber diamond-sock logo is kind of cool. Fabric is supposedly "wicking" -- the latest marketing catchphrase that has become nearly meaningless -- but it sure is lightweight and warm. I love coats that work on really cold days but don't make you too hot when the temps rise.

Vernam

Brian26
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Just a heads up:

I just went to a Sports Authority to check on this jacket since I saw it at the Clubhouse sale yesterday for $140. The regular price is $120 now at Sports Authority since the Sox sale is over. I found a store manager and politely asked if she would consider giving me the 30% off from the sale a couple of weeks ago that I missed. She didn't even hesitate in saying yes. I thanked her, and she said she was happy to move the merchandise off the sales floor.