PDA

View Full Version : Trade thought

ma-gaga
11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
The Twins have pitching. Lots of it. It oozes from every single area of the roster setup. They need young position players in a bad bad way. The question is, would you all consider a deal of:

Brian Anderson (http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/anderbr03.shtml) for Juan Rincon (http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/rincoju01.shtml)

Juan is losing his awesomeness, but he's still a very solid reliever.

Or is this "not enough"?

oeo
11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I would take anything for BA. He has more than problems on the field, he has serious attitude issues.

At the same time, I don't think I would deal with the enemy; I bet the Twins would feel the same way.

cbotnyse
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
where do I sign?

Lip Man 1
11-13-2007, 10:11 AM
The question is academic since the Twins will not make a trade with a divisional rival.

Lip

spawn
11-13-2007, 10:11 AM
At the same time, I don't think I would deal with the enemy; I bet the Twins would feel the same way.
Yeah, I doubt the Twins would want to help us out, and vice-versa. But would I do the trade? In a heartbeat.

chisoxmike
11-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Will Juan bring his steroids, or will he leave them for Brian?

:dunno:

balke
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't see the Sox dealing with the Twins. I think Minnesota would be a great place for Anderson to develop. He'd probably be a superstar as soon as he got out of the Sox farm system.

Domeshot17
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
man

I saw this in the clubhouse and thought it was someones thoughts on a trade that went down, excited over nothing.

WTS?

alohafri
11-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Will Juan bring his steroids, or will he leave them for Brian?

:dunno:

They wouldn't help Brian...allegedly.

The Immigrant
11-13-2007, 02:34 PM
The Twins have pitching. Lots of it. It oozes from every single area of the roster setup.

That's funny, I could have sworn the Twins had Ramon Ortiz and Carlos Silva in their starting rotation last year. They certainly oozed something.

soxinem1
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
That's funny, I could have sworn the Twins had Ramon Ortiz and Carlos Silva in their starting rotation last year. They certainly oozed something.

That was only to give the youngsters time to develop in the minors.

In 2008, I think the Twins will have the sleeper staff of the AL, even if they trade Johan. That bullpen is great, and the starters have great stuff.

Must be nice to have a farm system........

spawn
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM

In 2008, I think the Twins will have the sleeper staff of the AL, even if they trade Johan. That bullpen is great, and the starters have great stuff.

Must be nice to have a productive farm system........

Fixed that for ya...

oeo
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Must be nice to have a farm system........

It's way too difficult to predict how their rotation will perform next year. Unless they add another vet, it's not looking too hot. Good potential, but that's about it.

ma-gaga
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Silva had a good year. I think you are trying to make fun of the wrong guy.

Sidney Ponson had nothing, but they cut bait after 37 innings of his crap. So, yeah, if the Twins could have trusted their young pitching they wouldn't have "wasted" 37 innings this year.

Thanks for the feedback. Very funny.