PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld's FA Predictions for the Sox

twsoxfan5
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Again just another idle prediction from Rotoworld but it looks like they show the Sox getting Rowand and Shannon Stewart and the Yankees getting Hunter.

Rowand: Prediction: White Sox - five years, $60 million

Stewart: Prediction: White Sox - one year, $3.5 million

Hunter: Prediction: Yankees - six years, $96 million

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=2&articleid=29419

JermaineDye05
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Well I think we know where MLBtrade rumors got their source from.

Sockinchisox
11-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Again just another idle prediction from Rotoworld but it looks like they show the Sox getting Rowand and Shannon Stewart and the Yankees getting Hunter.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=2&articleid=29419

There is an extremely slim chance Hunter goes to the Yankees, why do they need a 5th starting OF?

Besides, doesn't Hunter hate the Yankees or something? I seem to remember him saying he hated it there because something always happens to him or something.

DumpJerry
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
There is an extremely slim chance Hunter goes to the Yankees, why do they need a 5th starting OF?

Besides, doesn't Hunter hate the Yankees or something? I seem to remember him saying he hated it there because something always happens to him or something.
That would be Fenway Park (the other Evil Empire). He broke his ankle on the crazy corners of the CF wall. He also said he would not sign with Cubs because their fans don't watch the game. He also said he would not sign with the Cubs because the walls are not padded at The Urinal.

rowand33
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Sox get Rowand and Stewart? Where do we sign?

Stewart can lead off. Crede could be traded for some bullpen help.

Or maybe Fields could be part of some huge trade for a big name player. Maybe a SS.

Either way, I'm down with this.

chisoxmike
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Those are just as funny as Dayn Perry's column of truth.

DumpJerry
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Those are just as funny as Dayn Perry's column of truth.
Now, there's three words you don't see in a sentence together.

Huisj
11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Isn't Shannon Stewart always hurt? He's not fast anymore. He doesn't get on base like he used to. He doesn't have much power at all.

Then again, I haven't heard any other rumor that the Sox would sign him besides this one, so maybe it's no big deal. And I guess 3.5 mil isn't that much. But is he really more valuable than Podsednik? They both are hurt frequently, but at least Podsednik can still be fast when he's not hurt.

chisoxmike
11-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Now, there's three words you don't see in a sentence together.

I didn't think teal was necessary.

ChiSoxIn06
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
aaron rowand for 14 mill a year? no ****ing way...dont get me wrong im a big rowand fan but there is no way he should get that kind of money.

Corlose 15
11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
60 Million over 5 years is 12 million per. Not 14.

The Dude
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Honestly, I would not mind seeing Stewart in LF at that price with Hunter in CF. But I suppose Rowand would be much cheaper and allow for more cash to the bullpen.

Hitmen77
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think the Sox signing Stewart is all that far-fetched...especially if he is affordable. The Sox have a history of signing this bargain free agents. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

With huge holes to fill at CF and the bullpen, that won't leave much $$$ left for a proven LF. The Sox may just go with Owens, but I'm honestly not thrilled with the idea of Uribe, Richar, and Owens making up 1/3 of our lineup.

Lip Man 1
11-13-2007, 10:05 PM
ChiSox06:

He's worth whatever the market will pay him.

Lip

soxfanreggie
11-13-2007, 11:14 PM
I can see the Yankees overspending to try and make up for losing A-Rod. However, they are going to have to dump a bunch more money into Rivera and Posada to keep them happy and prevent them from ending up in LA. However, I hope that doesn't happen because the Sox won't offer anything near 6 years, $96 million, and I wouldn't mind Torii on the team.

RowanDye
11-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Isn't Shannon Stewart always hurt? He's not fast anymore. He doesn't get on base like he used to. He doesn't have much power at all.

Then again, I haven't heard any other rumor that the Sox would sign him besides this one, so maybe it's no big deal. And I guess 3.5 mil isn't that much. But is he really more valuable than Podsednik? They both are hurt frequently, but at least Podsednik can still be fast when he's not hurt.

If Owens takes Pods spot, then signing someone with a decent OBP to hit lefties makes some sense. Stewart isn't great against lefties, but he is a hell of a lot better than Owens or Pods. He doesn't have good speed anymore, but he did manage 575 ABs last year (1301 ABs from '05-'07).

With that said hopefully there are better options. Relying on Jerry Owens and Shannon Stewart to play LF and leadoff is pretty scary.

roadrunner
11-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Sox get Rowand and Stewart? Where do we sign?

Stewart can lead off. Crede could be traded for some bullpen help.

Or maybe Fields could be part of some huge trade for a big name player. Maybe a SS.

Either way, I'm down with this.

Me too. Stewart/rowand/dye is a solid outfield in my book. Stewart is 33. He is a career .298 hitter. He has hit lower than .290 only once since 1999. The great Torii Hunter,32, has never hit higher than .289 in any one season.

rowand33
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Me too. Stewart/rowand/dye is a solid outfield in my book. Stewart is 33. He is a career .298 hitter. He has hit lower than .290 only once since 1999. The great Torii Hunter,32, has never hit higher than .289 in any one season.

I'm happy somebody agrees.

A lineup of:

Stewart LF
Rowand CF
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Fields 3B
AJ C
Uribe SS
Richar 2B

is one that I could live with.

I could also live with the defense and with Owens acting as leadoff/LF insurance for Stewart as our 4th OFer.

We could upgrade the bullpen by trading crede, and we wouldn't have to trade Garland.

I would be very excited about this team on opening day.