PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Hawthorne Village White Sox World Series Carousel,

kruzer31
11-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Here it is, only took ordering it twice and almost 2 and a half years later but it came.....The Sky Scrapers light up, the stadium lights come on, and the fans walk around the park and it plays the 1959 Lets Go Go Go White Sox

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kruze35/MaddieDyeTrophy019.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kruze35/MaddieDyeTrophy022.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kruze35/MaddieDyeTrophy023.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kruze35/MaddieDyeTrophy024.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/kruze35/MaddieDyeTrophy020.jpg

This last picture shows the 2005 World Series Champions Banner hangin on one of the buildings... Thanks for lookin

Jeff

hi im skot
11-12-2007, 08:12 AM
:thumbsup:

Garland_IS_God
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
The one I got has the parade buses going around the carousel and mine plays Dont Stop Believing.

rdwj
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM
that's pretty nice looking

kruzer31
11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
The one I got has the parade buses going around the carousel and mine plays Dont Stop Believing.

Do you have pictures of it?

Jeff

WhiteSoxJunkie
11-13-2007, 06:27 PM
The stadium looks great with the skyscrapers in the background. Oh what could've been.

Brian26
11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
The stadium looks great with the skyscrapers in the background. Oh what could've been.

What could have been?

That architects and planners could have designed and approved construction of the Sears Tower at the intersection of State & Lake, and then the City of Chicago could have allowed the White Sox to build a publically financed stadium over the railyards where Millenium Park now stands?

WhiteSoxJunkie
11-13-2007, 07:07 PM
What could have been?

That architects and planners could have designed and approved construction of the Sears Tower at the intersection of State & Lake, and then the City of Chicago could have allowed the White Sox to build a publically financed stadium over the railyards where Millenium Park now stands?

No I meant if the stadium was rotated so that home plate faced northeast and the skyscrapers would be seen in the background.

Brian26
11-13-2007, 07:09 PM
No I meant if the stadium was rotated so that home plate faced northeast and the skyscrapers would be seen in the background.

The skyscrapers would still be miles away and hardly be seen enough to make any difference in the ambiance of the park.

Garland_IS_God
11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/joe_tansey2004/sox2-1.jpg

A.T. Money
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
This very carousel is on sale at collectables today. They must have made more. I ordered one.

soxfanreggie
11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
The one at Collectibles Today plays the '59 Fight Song. The one that I would be looking for plays Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Being a huge Journey fan as well, I would love to find one of those someday, may have to check out eBay every once in a while.

BainesHOF
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
If anyone has a "Don't Stop Believin'" one they'd be interested in selling, please e-mail me at salukidave@comcast.net.

D. TODD
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Where are these available at? Any particular stores, or are they strictly mail order?

Law11
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
This very carousel is on sale at collectables today. They must have made more. I ordered one.

Just ordered one too. Thanks for the insight..

mrwag
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
How excellent!

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/ndca/chicago+white+sox

Thanks for the tip guys!! Just in time for Christmas shopping. I'll make sure to send that link to my wife

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

ws05champs
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Ordered one today to give to my wife for Christmas. I thought they were a limited production run. Thanks for the heads up.

Brian26
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Strangely, I can't seem to locate the miniature people on the outside of the stadium asking if anyone has a parking pass to sell or if anyone wants to buy a bottle of water for "one dolla."

A.T. Money
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I couldn't care less what song it plays. That thing just looks damn sweet!

ws05champs
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Anybody remember how long it took to get your carousel from the time you ordered it? I ordered mine on Nov 13 thinking I had plenty of time to get it before Christmas then just noticed on the E-mail receipt that it says 6-8 weeks for delivery.:o: Will I need a "Plan B" for my wife's Christmas present?

kruzer31
11-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Anybody remember how long it took to get your carousel from the time you ordered it? I ordered mine on Nov 13 thinking I had plenty of time to get it before Christmas then just noticed on the E-mail receipt that it says 6-8 weeks for delivery.:o: Will I need a "Plan B" for my wife's Christmas present?

I ordered the first one in Dec of 2005, kept getting notices in the mail that it was on back order till I finally got a notice saying they had no more in stock and I would not get one. Then they started offering this one in an ad in the sunday sun times in April of 2007. I kept getting the notices that it was on back order and I feared I would be burned again. But I kept calling them and buggin them and I got one finally Nov 1st. So on this one, I ordered it in April, got it Nov 1st. Good luck in getting one. It will be awhile inless you get some luck

Jeff

BainesHOF
11-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Still waiting for mine to arrive.

MrRoboto83
11-27-2007, 02:36 AM
This is round #3 in trying to get one, I have gone through this out of stock thing 3 times. Getting a refund, then weeks later looking in the paper and seeing the ad again. So in all reality it has taken over a year to this point.

Law11
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Went to the website says ship date of 1/9/08.

So much for Christmas...

kruzer31
11-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Went to the website says ship date of 1/9/08.

So much for Christmas...

You will be lucky to even get one, if you do get one, it will probably be sometime in october of 08

TheCommander
11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
You will be lucky to even get one, if you do get one, it will probably be sometime in october of 08

When we are celebrating another championship. :praying:

BainesHOF
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
What a joke. I just received my third notification card informing me of a delay in production/shipping.

Update: I called the company and was told my package was actually shipped today.

Update #2: I finally got it today. It looks pretty nice, though it does look a bit like a Ray Rayner hand-made project.

kruzer31
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
What a joke. I just received my third notification card informing me of a delay in production/shipping.

Update: I called the company and was told my package was actually shipped today.

Good Luck Baines, I was too frustrated by the many white cards delaying my shipment. Funny how as soon as I got my trophy the bill came right away in the mail. Maybe I will send them a white card saying my payment has been pushed back till feb 08.

Jeff

Fenway
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM
You not alone

Thousands in Boston want this for their tree...nobody has one yet

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-1000440001.jsp?boston+red+sox&endeca=true

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg

DoItForDanPasqua
11-30-2007, 12:26 AM
the City of Chicago could have allowed the White Sox to build a publically financed stadium over the railyards where Millenium Park now stands?
Where the Cubs used to play??? NEVER!!!

Juice16
01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
So has anyone who ordered the Carousel in the last two months received yet? I ordered mine on Nov 14 and have not gotten it yet. Everytime I check the status online it is pushed back a month. As of right now, it shows Feb 8 for a delivery date. This was for my dad for his XMAS/Bday gift(which is a week apart).

Law11
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I just got a letter stating the same date of FEb 8th as well as a $5 coupon for it being late towards one of their other overpriced items.

A.T. Money
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I just got a letter stating the same date of FEb 8th as well as a $5 coupon for it being late towards one of their other overpriced items.

Same here.

These guys will jerk us around and then give us another letter saying they are all out.

Crappy company.

ws05champs
01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Got my late letter too. I wonder if they just wait until they get enough orders to make a production run and up until then, they just give everyone overly optimistic delivery dates and "sorry it will be late" letters.

I was hoping to have it by Christmas as a present for my wife but I told her that the way this company goes, it might make an anniversary present. Our anniversary is August 16.

kruzer31
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Here is a tip for you guys. Call and complaine and say you have been trying to get this item for over a year and are really upset it keeps getting delayed. When I did that the lady told me that I would be put on a PRIORITY SHIPPING STATUS and I got the thing the next week. I told my brother to do the same and ask about being put on a priority shipping since he had been waiting for almost a year as well and he got his the following week as well. Hope you all get it.

Jeff

Kilroy
01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Same here.

These guys will jerk us around and then give us another letter saying they are all out.

Crappy company.

It won't be that they are all out. If they have it, they'll be happy to sell it to someone. However, they may tell you that they have discontinued it and cancel your order.

It works like this: Prototype is produced, photoed and marketed, and they wait for orders to come in. There is a threshold that is set, and they won't even make the product until that threshold is reached. In the meantime, they've taken your order and are stringing you along with delay messages. If you've sent no money or given no credit card, then this can go on for quite a while as they wait for more orders to arrive.

If you have sent $$ or used credit card, then only a certain amount of time can pass by law before they have to refund your money or cancel your CC order.

As long as they have a situation where producing the product and delivering it will be profitable, they will continue taking orders for it and selling it. But at some point, they will have a number of orders that they cancel because they deem it unprofitable to produce the item for the number of orders in hand.

Chipol
01-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I bought the Sox train set from these people. It came in a piece every several months. After I had enough of it, I cancelled the subscription, but I saw they kept hitting my credit card. I finally cancelled the credit card (I was going to do that anyway), and these folks sent the account to a collection agency! I sent them several messages asking what the heck they were doing and never got an answer. Terrible company.

Law11
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Got mine today! 1/25! A few weeks earlier than the latest shipment had said.
Didn't think I'd actually get it by some of the posts..
Very Nice addition to the 05 collection.

A.T. Money
01-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Got mine today as well. Got the email that it shipped on Sat, saw my CC was charged, then Tuesday I got a delay notice, and it's here today.

It's cool, but VERY fragile....be careful with it.

ws05champs
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Mine came today too. A little late for Christmas but it will make a great anniversary present in August. Now I just need to find a good hiding place.

grizzbr
01-26-2008, 01:14 PM
For those still waiting, I called last week and had them put me on a priority list. It arrived today. You might want to do the same as they told me the delays could stretch until May.

kruzer31
01-28-2008, 12:47 AM
For those still waiting, I called last week and had them put me on a priority list. It arrived today. You might want to do the same as they told me the delays could stretch until May.

Glad you used my tip, see, it works

Jeff