Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd probably start with 1 (being my top choice) and then count down to 10 (my last choice). :cool:

gregory18n
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
If the Sox could pull in the two @ the top, i'de be a very happy fan. Cabrera, Furcal & Kazmir would be great pick ups while filling some potentially huge holes. A-Rod, while unbelievably talented, certainly seems cancerous; & will be a bigger distraction than Bonds for years to come.

spiffie
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
For Kenny Williams to get this off season

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod
I would do it by weight. That would make Cabrera the easy #1 priority.

chisoxmike
11-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Aaron Rowand to play all nine positions and pitch.

Done.

Send us the trophy.

skottyj242
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Then how do you measure yourself against other golfers?

jenn2080
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Aaron Rowand to play all nine positions and pitch.

Done.

Send us the trophy.

We should have thought about this in 2006. Maybe we would have started a dynasty.

Gavin
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

jsg-07
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Then how do you measure yourself against other golfers?

"By Height." "Oh.. don't sell yourself short judge... you're a tremendous slouch"

broker3d
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

I'll cooperate.

1. Crawford
2. Kazmir
3. Cabrera
4. Hunter
5. Furcal
6. Rowand
7. ARod
8. Cordero
9. Tejada
10. Jones

nysox35
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

b/c you spit hot fire?

AWhiteSoxinNJ
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

1) ARod
2) Cabrera
3) Kazmir
4) Crawford
5) Hunter
6) Cordero
7) Tejada
8) Jones
9) Furcal
10) Rowand

Though I am just ranking them best overall and by market demand.

AJ Hellraiser
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
My rankings are based on what would best fill the SOX current needs:

1) Crawford
2) ARod
3) Furcal
4) Cordero
5) Cabrera
6) Hunter
7) Kazmir
8) Rowand
9) Tejada
10) Jones

soxinem1
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
1) Crawford
2) Hunter
3) ARod
4) Furcal
5) Rowand
6) Jones
7) Cabrera
8) Kazmir
9) Tejada
10) Cordero

That is wishful thinking and ranking as of need.

As far as what each would contribute by making the most impact:

1) ARod
2) Crawford
3) Hunter
4) Rowand
5) Cabrera
6) Furcal
7) Kazmir
8) Jones
9) Tejada
10) Cordero

I don't like A-Rod either, but he is undisputably the best in the game.

Cordero is not needed, we already have a closer.

A-Rod, CC, and Torii would add the most if added. Any of them would make the current line up better just by being there.

Furcal was a tough call, but I don't see him making a big impact if he plays like he did last season.

soxrme
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Torrii Hunter Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

Hunter
A Rod
Crawford
Furcal
Rowand
Cabrera
Don't want the rest

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

1. Miguel Tejada- For the love of God!!! We need a shortstop that can actually hit! I don't care how good Uribe is, I better not see his ass on the southside next season.

2. Aaron Rowand- Call me an Arow lover, but c'mon, this guy is all that and a bag of chips. He possesses all the points needed to succeed in the bigs: decent baserunning, hits for average and occasional power, superb defense (remember that Yankee series?), tries his best.... Who wouldn't want a guy of this stature?

3. Carl Crawford- Just as good as Rowand, but with better speed. He's going to demand big bucks...Baldelli anyone?

4. Torrii Hunter- Could it possibly be? Perhaps the biggest (or at least up there) sox killer? To the southside? Honestly, i would love this guy to play in Chicago. There is one problem, however. Can he stay healthy for a complete season? He averages only about a 100 games a season, so chances aren't so good. Plus, how good will he be when he's out of that dump they call a stadium?

5. Andruw Jones- He's on the downside of his career, but hey, he's above average. We need a center fielder just as much as a ss.

6. Furcal- Not sure on this guy.

7. Miguel Cabrera- We have two options: either we get rid of Konerko, make Fields play first, and have Crede traded for a ss/cf. Or we keep Crede and Konerko, or possibly Fields. I'm banking on the second option.

8. Arod- Kenny Williams = cheap. 'Nuff said.

9. Scott Kazmir- Our starting pitchers were definitely NOT the issue last year. Danks played well for about...mm..2 months. Javy, Burls...superb. Garland, meh, he was alright. Still, Floyd showed dominance towards Detroit- maybe this kid has something. Well, we have potentially 6 starters, so adding a seventh doesn't really help the whole cf/ss issue.

10. Francisco Cordero- This guy blows on the road. I hope we don't even think about getting this guy!

MrKinsella
11-09-2007, 03:41 PM
1.Miquel Cabrera
2. Aaron Rowand
3.Torrii Hunter
4.Scott Kazmir
5. Carl Crawford
6. Andruw Jones
7.Rafeal Furcal
8.Miquel Tejada
9.Franciscio Cordero
NA-A Rod I mean he's the best player in the bunch but we might have a better chance of signing one of the Ted William's clones

GAsoxfan
11-09-2007, 03:56 PM
1. Kazmir - I'd take the 23 yr. old lefty who just had 200+ IP, 3.48 ERA, & 240 K's over anyone on this list.
2. Crawford
3. Cabrera
4. Hunter
5. Rowand
6. A-Rod
7. Furcal
8. Tejada
9. Jones
10. Cordero

soxfanreggie
11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Who's the best player is much different than what we need right now.

1. Crawford-gives us a great LF, someone who can hit leadoff, potentiall All-Star every year. He's consistently a good player, and I would love to see what he can do with more of a team behind him.
2. Kazmir-I agree...23 years old, got a lot of potential in him. He and Crawford would be great cornerstones to build on most places, too bad TB won't increase payroll to get some more talent in there. They have some great pieces but then surround it with junk.
3. Hunter-would love him in CF, but there are more guys out there as FAs that we could put in CF than what Crawford could do for the team.
4. Rowand-see Hunter
5. Cabrera
6. Tejada-good hitting SS, likely couldn't get him if we add Hunter or Rowand in CF.
7. ARod-could be one of the best of all-time, but for what he would command, we could get Crawford and Hunter for the same amount of time. I don't see though why they are only talking about him at 3B, he could play SS as well.
8. Furcal
9. Cordero
10. Jones-see Hunter, Rowand...I would rather have them then him though. However, Jones would be an upgrade over what we have now.

MrKinsella
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I really want to be convinced on Crawford, because people seem to love the guy, but I don't get the draw. Is it just the stolen bases. I mean Hunter had a better year at the plate, plays his position better, and plays a more important position, and if we want to talk about Crawford being a potential every year all-star it seems to me Cabrera is an Automatic All-star for the next 10 to 15. Sell me On Crawford, because right now I'd rather see Cabrera come over, rejoin Ozzie, and be the cornerstone of a great White Sox Dynasty.

drewcifer
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I really want to be convinced on Crawford, because people seem to love the guy, but I don't get the draw. Is it just the stolen bases. I mean Hunter had a better year at the plate, plays his position better, and plays a more important position, and if we want to talk about Crawford being a potential every year all-star it seems to me Cabrera is an Automatic All-star for the next 10 to 15. Sell me On Crawford, because right now I'd rather see Cabrera come over, rejoin Ozzie, and be the cornerstone of a great White Sox Dynasty.

A few of the top of my head:

1. He's young.
2. He gets on base better.
3. Positioned properly in the order, he's an XBH almost automatically without slow polks stiffling him.
4. He steals with an 80% success rate. Consistently.
5. He's an excellent hitter and surprisingly patient/disciplined for his age.
6. He fills a need without having to learn a new position (i.e. - either will cost one of either Crede or Fields, but Cabrera is not a great defensive 3B and will probably need to move to 1B).

drewcifer
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
1 and 2 were in comparison to Hunter. Can't edit my post for some reason to clarify.

KRS1
11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Is it just the stolen bases. I mean Hunter had a better year at the plate,

That is very much debatable. Carl batted 28 points higher, had an obp 21 points better, 8 more triples, had 12 more hits, grounded into 6 less double plays. Great Torii is pretty much a lock to hit more hr's, but that isn't something we are lacking, nor do we need more of(not that it's a bad thing, I just don't see how someone can say more power fits us better, even if it comes with substantially lower BA and OBP). Basically, Carl is a lock to hit for a higher average, have a better OBP, get more hits(and significantly considering Carl consistently is upwards of 180, and Torii other than this year broke 160 only once-five years ago), have very similar walk and SO numbers, and be a much greater force on the base-paths. I would even say based on trends that their slugging won't be too largely separated either.

Carl has improved all around every year he's been in the majors with the exception that he took a slight step back with HR's and SO's this season. I can't tell you for sure those stats will return back to where he was before, but I don't see any reason to believe they don't have a good chance to do just that. Don't just count his speed as stolen bases, because it translates into a lot more on both D and O than that. Carl is 26 and signed VERY reasonably through 2010, where as Torri is 32 and will be getting overpaid(yes I said it, and I honestly don't give a **** about the whole "well if that's what the market says"...blah blah blah, he's not worth 15MM a year, especially not when he is 37 and 38). Carl is only rising as a player, and Torii just had a career year. When you want to compare two players don't just come at me with who had the better year last season, tell me where the guys are at in their careers, their four or five year trends, their expected outlook etc....

drewcifer
11-10-2007, 05:04 PM
That is very much debatable. Carl batted 28 points higher, had an obp 21 points better, 8 more triples, had 12 more hits, grounded into 6 less double plays. Great Torii is pretty much a lock to hit more hr's, but that isn't something we are lacking, nor do we need more of(not that it's a bad thing, I just don't see how someone can say more power fits us better, even if it comes with substantially lower BA and OBP). Basically, Carl is a lock to hit for a higher average, have a better OBP, get more hits(and significantly considering Carl consistently is upwards of 180, and Torii other than this year broke 160 only once-five years ago), have very similar walk and SO numbers, and be a much greater force on the base-paths. I would even say based on trends that their slugging won't be too largely separated either.

Carl has improved all around every year he's been in the majors with the exception that he took a slight step back with HR's and SO's this season. I can't tell you for sure those stats will return back to where he was before, but I don't see any reason to believe they don't have a good chance to do just that. Don't just count his speed as stolen bases, because it translates into a lot more on both D and O than that. Carl is 26 and signed VERY reasonably through 2010, where as Torri is 32 and will be getting overpaid(yes I said it, and I honestly don't give a **** about the whole "well if that's what the market says"...blah blah blah, he's not worth 15MM a year, especially not when he is 37 and 38). Carl is only rising as a player, and Torii just had a career year. When you want to compare two players don't just come at me with who had the better year last season, tell me where the guys are at in their careers, their four or five year trends, their expected outlook etc....

Very solid. :thumbsup:

Hunter2sox
11-10-2007, 11:21 PM
1. ARod
2. Cabrera
3. Hunter
4. Rowand
5. Crawford
6. Kazmir
7. Tejada
8. Furcal
9. Cordero
10. Jones

The Dude
11-10-2007, 11:24 PM
1. ARod
2. Cabrera
3. Hunter
4. Rowand
5. Crawford
6. Kazmir
7. Tejada
8. Furcal
9. Cordero
10. Jones

So what do you plan on doing if Hunter doesn't come to the Sox?

Hunter2sox
11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
So what do you plan on doing if Hunter doesn't come to the Sox?
I'll make up some story about why my name is Hunter2sox. One day when I was walking in the woods....:D:

getonbckthr
11-10-2007, 11:27 PM

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod
1) Carl Crawford
2) Miguel Cabrera
3) Arod
4) Scott Kazmir
5) Andruw Jones
6) Miguel Tejada
7) Torii Hunter
8) Rafael Furcal
9) Francisco Cordero
10)

AWhiteSoxinNJ
11-11-2007, 09:42 AM
1. Kazmir - I'd take the 23 yr. old lefty who just had 200+ IP, 3.48 ERA, & 240 K's over anyone on this list.

Could not agree more. Give him this offense and he's a 20 game winner.

jabrch
11-11-2007, 09:56 AM

I wouldn't even put him on the list. I don't believe he is available - and if he is, I don't believe we have the package that the Rays would require.

fquaye149
11-11-2007, 11:30 AM

Torrii Hunter
Carl Crawford
Miquel Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones
Rafeal Furcal
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Tejada
A Rod

In terms of straight up quality and being useful to the team?

1. A-Rod
2. Kazmir
3. Cabrera
4. Tejada
5. Hunter
6. Cordero
7. Crawford
8. Jones
9. Rowand
10. Furcal

In terms of who would be both economically helpful to get (i.e. who won't overallocate financial resources as a free agent) and who won't require too much in return if a trade is necessary (i.e. who should Kenny realistically prioritize getting?):

1. Hunter
2. Jones
3. Rowand
4. A-Rod
5. Tejada
6. Cordero
7. Furcal
8. Crawford
9. Kazmir
10. Cabrera

fquaye149
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
If the Sox could pull in the two @ the top, i'de be a very happy fan. Cabrera, Furcal & Kazmir would be great pick ups while filling some potentially huge holes. A-Rod, while unbelievably talented, certainly seems cancerous; & will be a bigger distraction than Bonds for years to come.

Yeah, that was so malignant of A-Rod to almost singlehandedly put the Yankees on his back in 07 and carry them to the playoffs. What a cancer! What a pox upon a team! being worth 14 wins to a team that barely made the playoffs! What a piece of crap!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gregory18n
11-11-2007, 02:13 PM
thank goodness somebody loves A-rod; I'm just glad ur about the only one here! maybe u can follow him to his next stop with ur little shovel, to pick up after his mess. high priest, ya, right!

Nellie_Fox
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
thank goodness somebody loves A-rod; I'm just glad ur about the only one here! maybe u can follow him to his next stop with ur little shovel, to pick up after his mess. high priest, ya, right!Don't make your posts personal. And spare us the text-message format; you have a whole keyboard in front of you (not "u") complete with a shift key.

fquaye149
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Ugh...what is it about A-Rod that makes people so intolerable?

I'm not sure how seeing sports as the business it is and gauging performance by actual output makes me in love with someone....

soxwon
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Torrii Hunter 1
Carl Crawford 3
Miquel Cabrera 2
Aaron Rowand 7
Franciscio Cordero
Andruw Jones 4
Rafeal Furcal 5
Scott Kazmir 8
Miquel Tejada 9
A Rod 6

PeoriaSoxFan
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I'd go:

A Rod
Scott Kazmir
Miquel Cabrera
Carl Crawford
Miquel Tejada
Torrii Hunter
Andruw Jones
Aaron Rowand
Franciscio Cordero
Rafeal Furcal

Steve Phillips (Ozzie's favorite) said today on ESPN radio that he sees the Sox as the favorite to sign Hunter and wouldn't be surprised if KW pulled off a deal for Cabrera. Very wishful thinking, I think.

gr8mexico
11-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I would rank them like this 1Carl Crawford 2Miguel Cabrera 3Andruw Jones 4Johan Santana 5AROD 6Hunter 7Luis Castillo 8Octavio Dote9 lJason Bay 10Orlando Hudson