PDA

View Full Version : Apprehension in Orlando

SouthSideLove
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I may be a little impatient here, but what exactly is Kenny doing down in Orlando? Why should he have bothered getting on the flight to go to these meetings? So far, all I have heard is how he has done nothing but picked up an option on an overweight, sub-300 OBP SS, and he has done nothing else to better our everyday positions. Everyone else is being bold, prospecting, and even making trades happen.

Where the hell is Kenny Williams? Sleeping?

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
This is getting ridiculous. It's November ****ing 9th.

chisoxmike
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
He's getting drunk at the bar by himself and yelling at all the other GMs.

We're not even two full weeks into the offseason. GMs cannot offer contracts to free agents yet. Do you really care Brad Lidge got traded to a team that wasnt the Sox?

The Sox have to and will make moves. They dont have to do anything right now.

oeo
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I think you're misinterpreting the meaning of these meetings. Wait until the winter meetings for the big deals to go down.

As of right now, he can't sign free agents; and he's been rumored in a ton of deals, that never fell through. You are being impatient. The offseason just started; things don't happen this quickly.

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I may be a little impatient here, but what exactly is Kenny doing down in Orlando? Why should he have bothered getting on the flight to go to these meetings? So far, all I have heard is how he has done nothing but picked up an option on an overweight, sub-300 OBP SS, and he has done nothing else to better our everyday positions. Everyone else is being bold, prospecting, and even making trades happen.

You're absolutely right on spot there. When trades happen it is usually one phone call and it's all done. Kenny picks up the phone to call Hendry and says "Jim, I'll give you Uribe for Theriot, D. Lee and Zambrano" and Hendry, without hesitation, responds "draw up the paperwork and let's get this done!"

Also, every conversation where the GM explore with each other what is and is not possible dutifully reported to the media for public dissemination.

With the GM meetings ending, I guess we can kiss goodbye to any trades in the off season.

I would demand my money back. Kenny is a slacker!

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
He's getting drunk at the bar by himself and yelling at all the other GMs.

We're not even two full weeks into the offseason. GMs cannot offer contracts to free agents yet. Do you really care Brad Lidge got traded to a team that wasnt the Sox?

The Sox have to and will make moves. They dont have to do anything right now.

Didn't you hear? The off season is over Sunday. After that, no one can make any moves. That is why everyone is posting all of these brilliant trade ideas and rightfully ripping KW for not making moves.

palehozenychicty
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah, we have that killer road trip to start the season too. Remember the Tribune in October said that? Since we didn't do anything, we're definitely doomed.

VenturaFan23
11-09-2007, 11:10 AM
You're absolutely right on spot there. When trades happen it is usually one phone call and it's all done. Kenny picks up the phone to call Hendry and says "Jim, I'll give you Uribe for Theriot, D. Lee and Zambrano" and Hendry, without hesitation, responds "draw up the paperwork and let's get this done!"

Also, every conversation where the GM explore with each other what is and is not possible dutifully reported to the media for public dissemination.

With the GM meetings ending, I guess we can kiss goodbye to any trades in the off season.

I would demand my money back. Kenny is a slacker!

Didn't you hear? They can make trades online now instead of using the phone. They can just click on the player they want and boom, it's done! It's easier and a lot more convenient! Someone needs to clue Kenny into this.

spawn
11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Didn't you hear? They can make trades online now instead of using the phone. They can just click on the player they want and boom, it's done! It's easier and a lot more convenient! Someone needs to clue Kenny into this.
I heard they're selling All-Star SS and CFer's on EBay. Someone needs to let KW know.

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I heard they're selling All-Star SS and CFer's on EBay. Someone needs to let KW know.

Are you kidding? Didn't you hear the SOX are CUTTING payroll this YEAR?

itsnotrequired
11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking about punching KW right in his freakin' face.

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 11:17 AM

:rolleyes:

voodoochile
11-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Be careful with that, they say KW has no chin, just another fist...

infohawk
11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
C'mon everyone. The specifics of an Andy Gonzalez for Miguel Cabrera and cash deal take time to work out...even for Kenny Williams.

spawn
11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Are you kidding? Didn't you hear the SOX are CUTTING payroll this YEAR?
Maybe he can sell Uribe and Owens on EBay, which will help offset the purchases. KW, here's a hint...make sure you use "Buy It Now" so you don't get outbid!

hi im skot
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
:rolleyes:

Don't upset INR or you're next!

:redneck

jenn2080
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I love the off season and the people on this board who feel they should get a personal phone call by Kenny at every move. The season just ended, hold the **** on. Get an off season hobby or something, because freaking out about what the Sox maybe doing at the meeting is not good for blood preasure.

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I love the off season and the people on this board who feel they should get a personal phone call by Kenny at every move. The season just ended, hold the **** on. Get an off season hobby or something, because freaking out about what the Sox maybe doing at the meeting is not good for blood preasure.

That's a pretty big assumption by you that KW even has a phone. I mean, if he did, wouldn't he have made a few trades already?

itsnotrequired
11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
That's a pretty big assumption by you that KW even has a phone. I mean, if he did, wouldn't he have made a few trades already?

:rolling:

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 12:07 PM

He does have one. He calls me all the time with questions about what moves he should make and how they will play at WSI.

ilsox7
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
He does have one. He calls me all the time with questions about what moves he should make and how they will play at WSI.

Well this lack of action is obviously your fault then. KW needs to preserve his precious minutes and talking to you means no minutes left for trading with other GMs.

pdimas
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/can-string-phone1.jpg

I believe Kenny is working one of these deals. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM

You must be talking about a few years ago, because I have it on good faith that KW dumped his phone so people would stop eavesdropping on him at airports...

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Well this lack of action is obviously your fault then. KW needs to preserve his precious minutes and talking to you means no minutes left for trading with other GMs.
I know, but I love the attention.

pdimas
11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Im tellin ya someone must have cut the string....

Dan Mega
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Whats the Score- your place for rampant Cubsession and unintentional comedy.

voodoochile
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm confused about the title of this thread...

Does SSL live in Orlando? If not, shouldn't it the title be "Apprehension in Chicago about what KW is doing in Orlando" or simply "Apprehension in my pants" or even simpler "Nervous People Unite"?

Does someone have some inside info that KW is apprehensive? Maybe DJ can enlighten us since he seems to have KW's ear...

skottyj242
11-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Who has been bold?

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm confused about the title of this thread...

Does SSL live in Orlando? If not, shouldn't it the title be "Apprehension in Chicago about what KW is doing in Orlando" or simply "Apprehension in my pants" or even simpler "Nervous People Unite"?

Does someone have some inside info that KW is apprehensive? Maybe DJ can enlighten us since he seems to have KW's ear...
Well, he has recently been a little skittish about whether or not he has been tipping his cab drivers enough.

thedudeabides
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Well, then I would ask you post his questions in the form of a poll, so we an all have a say. Thanks

dakuda
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM

It is called AmeriTrade for a reason.

jenn2080
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Kenny just called me. He only had a second because he was calling from a pay phone. He said something big is in the works just hang tight.

VenturaFan23
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Kenny just called me. He only had a second because he was calling from a pay phone. He said something big is in the works just hang tight.

I'm sorry, but REAL Kenny calls me only on Wednesdays when something big is in the works!

spawn
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry, but REAL Kenny calls me only on Wednesdays when something big is in the works!
Whatever. K-Dub (that's what he goes by with his really good friends) just I'M'd me...he told me that Torii and Furcal will members of the White Sox before the weekend is out. All it took to get Furcal was Contreras, Garland, Gio, Danks, Floyd, Broadway, Crede, and Fields. I think he made out like a bandit.

upperdeckusc
11-09-2007, 03:07 PM

there were only 4 GM's active in trades in orlando. this isnt the time for trades. they are just introducing themselves, ESPECIALLY since theres alot of new ones. and espressing what their needs are. trades hardly even go down at the winter meetings, and thats the biggest get together of them all. calm down, jeez.
on another note, according to MLB trade rumors (reliable, i know lol), we offered the astros ryan sweeney for chad qualls (RP), but it didn't happen. interesting.....

skobabe8
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Wait a minute! Kenny's not even at the meetings!! Look!!

http://www.orlandofunspots.com/images/att_magic_grandma.jpg

Thats KW in the back!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Frontman
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Wait a minute! Kenny's not even at the meetings!! Look!!

http://www.orlandofunspots.com/images/att_magic_grandma.jpg

Thats KW in the back!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Really? I thought that was Tiger Woods. Kinda wonder WHY it might be Tiger, considering he's got a smoking hot swedish supermodel as a wife, but that's not KW. KW wouldn't need a boat to go on a log flume.

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Actually, from the title of this thread, I thought it was about a terrorist being arrested in Orlando........

voodoochile
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Actually, from the title of this thread, I thought it was about a terrorist being arrested in Orlando........

NO POLITICS!!! Sheesh...:tongue:

jenn2080
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Whatever. K-Dub (that's what he goes by with his really good friends) just I'M'd me...he told me that Torii and Furcal will members of the White Sox before the weekend is out. All it took to get Furcal was Contreras, Garland, Gio, Danks, Floyd, Broadway, Crede, and Fields. I think he made out like a bandit.

This is such a lie because Ken Dog called me on the batphone and told me that we were getting Torii and Aaron. He said getting Torii will be breeze, but getting Aaron will cost us Dye, Jenks, Mark Salas:?:, AJ, Owens, Boone, Fields, and Crede. Kenny said it was worth it to him as long as Aaron was back.

Aaron = trophies

Dan Mega
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
How long till Daver sees enough of this crap?

DumpJerry
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
This is such a lie because Ken Dog called me on the batphone and told me that we were getting Torii and Aaron. He said getting Torii will be breeze, but getting Aaron will cost us Dye, Jenks, Mark Salas:?:, AJ, Owens, Boone, Fields, and Crede. Kenny said it was worth it to him as long as Aaron was back.

Aaron = trophies
I think you're fibbing. The Kenster would never part ways with Boone.