PDA

View Full Version : rotoworld predicts Benson to Sox (again)

rowand33
11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Kris Benson (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=2738) (Orioles) -
Benson is done in Baltimore after missing 2007 following surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and having his $7.5 million option for 2008 declined. Expectations are that he'll be ready to pitch in spring training, but there's no guarantee that he'll make a full recovery. His velocity was already well down from where he was when he came out of college 11 years ago, and if he loses much more, it's possible that he won't be table to survive in a major league rotation. There are better gambles out there.

Prediction: White Sox - one year, $4 million plus incentives

sweet

He did his usual high 4 ERA with a .500 record last year.

I'd take him for the pen as a long man, I guess.

The Immigrant
11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
He did his usual high 4 ERA with a .500 record last year.

Well, that would still be an upgrade over 6-13 5.50 ERA or 10-17 5.57 ERA.

ChiSoxFan35
11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I think a player starts this rumor for the Mrs. Maybe it's Ozzie's kids

doublem23
11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Honestly, for 1-year and $4 million, I'd take a flyer on a guy who at least has some MLB experience. If nothing else, I feel more comfortable having 3 guys fight for the last 2 spots in the rotation instead of giving them to Danks and Floyd and praying that they both stay healthy all year and don't hit any major bumps in the road.

chisoxmike
11-09-2007, 12:05 AM
I'd take him over Contreras.

Luke
11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I guess he wouldn't be a bad LR guy, or maybe even make a spot start once in a while. I would not relish the circus that comes with him though.

drewcifer
11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd take him over Contreras. Me too. That'd be sweet if something like that could be worked out. The O's need alot. There's been some talk of that team scrapping/trading everything except Markakis, Guthrie, Bedard (and maybe even looking at what he can bring), Mora, and Mr. "Cowboy."

twentywontowin
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll take him only if Anna Benson comes with.

rowand33
11-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Me too. That'd be sweet if something like that could be worked out. The O's need alot. There's been some talk of that team scrapping/trading everything except Markakis, Guthrie, Bedard (and maybe even looking at what he can bring), Mora, and Mr. "Cowboy."

Benson is a free agent, IIRC

FedEx227
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll take him only if Anna Benson comes with.

Rethink that statement. While she's hot, she's an attention-whore. She'll be on the Mike North show every morning complaining about the White Sox.

getonbckthr
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Rethink that statement. While she's hot, she's an attention-whore. She'll be on the Mike North show every morning complaining about the White Sox.
It would give me something to think about besides giardinera flavored shoes.

drewcifer
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Benson is a free agent, IIRC

True, but Contreras isn't.

Who cares what she says... Come to think of it, who cares what Mike North says either. :dunno:

getonbckthr
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Honestly, for 1-year and $4 million, I'd take a flyer on a guy who at least has some MLB experience. If nothing else, I feel more comfortable having 3 guys fight for the last 2 spots in the rotation instead of giving them to Danks and Floyd and praying that they both stay healthy all year and don't hit any major bumps in the road.
So then what about Clement, Wood, Prior, Colon or Fredy Garcia?