PDA

View Full Version : Parque Gets Shelled In The Minors...

Unregistered
04-14-2002, 11:50 PM
from the Trib:
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ouch: Left-hander Jim Parque yielded six runs and eight hits over 5 2/3 innings at Triple-A Charlotte in a 9-5 loss to Louisville on Sunday.

Parque, who was spotted a 5-1 lead, walked three and struck out four.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Personally, I think Parque is just bored as hell, just kind of going through the motions down there. I say bring him up anyway, let's see what he can do already...I mean, all he does is complain about how he's ready to go... I say lets see him put his money where his mouth is.

kermittheefrog
04-15-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Personally, I think Parque is just bored as hell, just kind of going through the motions down there. I say bring him up anyway, let's see what he can do already...I mean, all he does is complain about how he's ready to go... I say lets see him put his money where his mouth is.

I like Parque and I'd like to believe he's in great shape down there but he's not stupid enough to get shelled just because he's bored.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Do you think that with the emphasis on the speed of his pitches by this regime, that he may be trying to throw too hard?

foulkesfan11
04-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Parque probably would have done better than Wright in yesterday's game!

voodoochile
04-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Parque probably would have done better than Wright in yesterday's game!

Okay, so he would be 0-3 in Wright's slot...

Come on, why are people so down on Danny? *** has he done except pitch his ass off for 2 of his 3 starts this year. You know maybe the Yankees should waive Clemans - after all he has had a crappy start to the year - much worse than Danny and only slightly worse than JG.

CerberusWG
04-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Parque gave up 1 R in 5 IP, then exploded.

He's ok.