PDA

View Full Version : You Make The Call !!!

bigfoot
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
The Japanese Baseball League's final game was decided by a 1-0

Perfect Game!

The catch.....

The starting pitcher was pulled after the 8th inning and replaced by the Chunichi Dragon's ace reliever.

While it was the 5th game of the series, the series would have returned to the Ham Fighter's home field if the game had been lost.

http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200711050043.html

PS: 68 Players from the JBL have filed for free agency.

DumpJerry
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
In Japan, the culture is to put the team ahead of the individual. Also, if the manager felt that his pitcher was not right for the 9th for some reason, then defer to his expertise.

Not knowing the full extent of the situation, I cannot make the call. I don't know the pitcher's history against the batters coming up in the 9th, etc. They had a one run lead, it had to be protected at all costs.

A version of this call will get a lot of play in Chicago as we get ready for Spring Training as the local media discusses the steller outing Zambrano had in Game 4 against the Diamondbacks in the NLDS.

Brian26
11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
In Japan, the culture is to put the team ahead of the individual.

There's no reason that can't be the culture here. I thought that's what Ozzieball was about, i.e. the antithesis of not sliding into second base like a lady after Jamie Burke is mauled at home plate the inning before*.

*Before = the inning prior to the one referenced.

DumpJerry
11-07-2007, 10:39 PM
There's no reason that can't be the culture here. I thought that's what Ozzieball was about, i.e. the antithesis of not sliding into secondbase like a lady after Jamie Burke is mauled at homeplate the inning before*.

*Before = the inning prior to the one referenced.
....and that person was traded the following year for pieces of the puzzle that sent us to the World Series.

.....and now we are holding our collective breaths waiting for the offender in the mauling to suit up in White Sox pinstripes to take us back to the Promised Land.

esbrechtel
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
....and that person was traded the following year for pieces of the puzzle that sent us to the World Series.

.....and now we are holding our collective breaths waiting for the offender in the mauling to suit up in White Sox pinstripes to take us back to the Promised Land.
funny how that works huh? :D: