PDA

View Full Version : What about Carlos Guillen?

SouthSideLove
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I understand that the White Sox just agreed to another year with Uribe, at 4.5 million. Despite that deal going down, I wonder what the Detroit Tigers are planning on doing with Carlos Guillen? Since they have a recent Gold Glove at second base, and have now picked up Edgar Renteria, is it possible they will deal him? I would think that they have to, otherwise where else could they play him.

Do you think the Sox could deal for him? Perhaps give up Crede and prospects for him? It's not as though Brandon Inge is doing that well for the Tigers not to make a deal for Crede, so what do you think?

Jerko
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
He's gonna play 1B.

spawn
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
He's gonna play 1B.
What he said...

SouthSideLove
11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Isn't Sheffield playing there?

spawn
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Isn't Sheffield playing there?
Sheffield is the DH.

D. TODD
11-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Sean Casey has already been let go, to make room for Guillen to be full time at 1st base.

oeo
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
First of all, there's no way Detroit would make any deal with us.

Second, I wouldn't even want Guillen to touch our SS position. He has to be the worst defensive SS in baseball, which is why he's being moved to 1B.

PalehosePlanet
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
First of all, there's no way Detroit would make any deal with us.

Second, I wouldn't even want Guillen to touch our SS position. He has to be the worst defensive SS in baseball, which is why he's being moved to 1B.

Exactly, he's downright terrible at SS. FWIW: A tiger fan acquaintance of mine told me that the official scorers at murder city officially-scored alot of errors as hits so his error total wouldn't hit 40 or more.

upperdeckusc
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Exactly, he's downright terrible at SS. FWIW: A tiger fan acquaintance of mine told me that the official scorers at murder city officially-scored alot of errors as hits so his error total wouldn't hit 40 or more.

did the batters complain? i know i would have....