PDA

View Full Version : Schilling back to Red Sox

chisoxmike
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
foxsports.com

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Curt Schilling (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/85963) and the Boston Red Sox (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/71588) reached a preliminary agreement on an $8 million, one-year contract that will allow the star right-hander to return next season to the World Series champions.
The agreement provides for him to make an additional $5 million in bonuses and match his 2007 salary. The deal is subject to him passing a physical, contains $3 million in performance bonuses based on innings pitched and $2 million based on weight clauses, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday, speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team had not yet made an announcement.

:rolling:

Jaffar
11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought he wanted to play for the Cubs?

itsnotrequired
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
There goes chisoxmike with his Boston-heavy threads again...

:clueless

DumpJerry
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Where's Fenway with the news?

Dick Allen
11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
After he already said goodbye to his teammates?:rolleyes:

SBSoxFan
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Where's Fenway with the news?

Maybe he had too much tomato sauce on his hands to type, as he and Schilling were discussing the new contract over a pizza? :dunno:

Foulke You
11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
If this is true, then he wanted to stay in Boston all along and never truly wanted to test the FA market. I have a feeling he could have gotten $10 million guaranteed from someone like Philly or the Mets.

russ99
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Um, guys? This is a legitimate story.

I used to be a regular on a certain board for my second-favorite team and don't go there anymore just for this reason. I always thought WSI users were above this kind of stuff...

As for Schilling, I'm really not surprised. He obviously wanted to stay in Boston for his last year, and the money's certainly right for the Red Sox.

FedEx227
11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
At least he didn't stretch it out ala Brett Favre/Roger Clemens.

NSSoxFan
11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
What a drama queen. Honestly though, is there a better match then Schilling and Red Cubs fans?

DumpJerry
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM

I used to be a regular on a certain board for my second-favorite team and don't go there anymore just for this reason. I always thought WSI users were above this kind of stuff...

As for Schilling, I'm really not surprised. He obviously wanted to stay in Boston for his last year, and the money's certainly right for the Red Sox.
:?: what kind of "stuff" are you talking about? Someone reported the news and we are commenting on it. It is being treated as "legitimate," nobody is reporting it as gossip or rumor. What are we supposed to do? Drop to our knees and give thanks to God for air, sunshine, water, and bread?

It's only Curt Schilling. It's not like Frank Thomas just signed with the Sox.

spawn
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM

My guess is, if this wasn't treated as a legit story, it would be in WTS instead of Talking Baseball...

Cambridge
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM

I used to be a regular on a certain board for my second-favorite team and don't go there anymore just for this reason. I always thought WSI users were above this kind of stuff....

I agree with this sentiment completely. There are too many subjects where the responses here are almost universally snarky with no regard to serious baseball discussion. It detracts from the overall quality of the site.

PatK
11-07-2007, 09:20 AM
What a drama queen. Honestly though, is there a better match then Schilling and Red Cubs fans?

My sentiments exactly.