PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada

eastchicagosoxfan
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
The Orioles have made it known that they will trade Miguel Tejada. Do you want him on the Sox, and if, at what price? Garland+? is a predictable starting point. I would not be pleased if Garland is traded though. Starting pitching is too important, and difficult to acquire. How about Fields, Gio, and that hotshot 16 year old shortstop prospect the Sox have? Too low for the O's? What do you think?

getonbckthr
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I would trade Garland, Crede, Sweeney or Anderson and 1 of Egbert/Gio/Floyd/Broadway

eastchicagosoxfan
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I would trade Garland, Crede, Sweeney or Anderson and 1 of Egbert/Gio/Floyd/Broadway
So, after Garland's traded, there's a rotation of Buerhle, Javy, Floyd, and....Jose and ????? That rotation isn't very good. I think the Sox will find themselves on the wrong end of too many losses even when they score 5+ runs a game. I think the Sox can get Tejada, but it will take some creativty. And then, I'm not sure it's worth the price. I'm interested in what people think.

upperdeckusc
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM

for jose reyes or hanley ramirez? CERTAINLY not for miguel tejada. maybe you worded it weirdly. are you saying 4 players for tejada, or 1 of gar, crede, sweeney, anderson AND one of the minor leaguers? you made it sound like garland AND crede AND sweeney/anderson AND 1 of our pitchers. we dont need another power hitter with average defense. don't get me wrong, i'll take him, but not at this kings ransom. 2 players max. if they want egbert or gio, they better be prepared to pay a big part of tejadas contract.

getonbckthr
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
So, after Garland's traded, there's a rotation of Buerhle, Javy, Floyd, and....Jose and ????? That rotation isn't very good. I think the Sox will find themselves on the wrong end of too many losses even when they score 5+ runs a game. I think the Sox can get Tejada, but it will take some creativty. And then, I'm not sure it's worth the price. I'm interested in what people think.
I like Garland alot but truthfully as Sox fans we over-rate by alot. Not to mention he will probably walk because we won't the huge contract he wil want. Also what makes you think that one of our prospect pitchers as much of an unknown as they are couldn't come in and deliver us a mid 4 era that Garland has done most of his career?
for jose reyes or hanley ramirez? CERTAINLY not for miguel tejada. maybe you worded it weirdly. are you saying 4 players for tejada, or 1 of gar, crede, sweeney, anderson AND one of the minor leaguers? you made it sound like garland AND crede AND sweeney/anderson AND 1 of our pitchers. we dont need another power hitter with average defense. don't get me wrong, i'll take him, but not at this kings ransom. 2 players max. if they want egbert or gio, they better be prepared to pay a big part of tejadas contract.
The way I see it Anderson and Sweeney are not much into our future plans, and they won't bring much if anything alone in deal. So why not use one of them as a sweetner to a deal? As far Crede he is in the prime of his career but he is also an unknown. The pitching prospect is just that a prospect there is no guarentee they will pan out as much we all think they will. Garland like I said above as good as is has been over-rated by us Sox fans and their is a good chance he will bolt.

Daver
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I like Garland alot but truthfully as Sox fans we over-rate by alot. Not to mention he will probably walk because we won't the huge contract he wil want. Also what makes you think that one of our prospect pitchers as much of an unknown as they are couldn't come in and deliver us a mid 4 era that Garland has done most of his career?

The way I see it Anderson and Sweeney are not much into our future plans, and they won't bring much if anything alone in deal. So why not use one of them as a sweetner to a deal? As far Crede he is in the prime of his career but he is also an unknown. The pitching prospect is just that a prospect there is no guarentee they will pan out as much we all think they will. Garland like I said above as good as is has been over-rated by us Sox fans and their is a good chance he will bolt.

I am damn glad that you do not work for the Chicago White Sox.

drewcifer
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
The Orioles need pitching, front and back end. Their bullpen is horrible; only Tampa Bay was worse last year.

They are committed to Mora, and I don't think he's even played at SS in years. He's getting up there in age too, so Joe Crede probably does nothing for them.

The one thing their farm actually does have is OFers. They've got Majewski and Stern in AAA right now and both are projected to be starters. They also have Markakis who I'm sure they'll be hanging onto. So there's probably very little value to them in Anderson/Sweeney.

Sooo... I'd think if you're going to deal Garland, you'll probably have to package an RP, then pick up Uribe's option and package him as well so they have a starter to fill their hole at SS. If that doesn't do it, then I don't think we can afford him. Giving up a front line starter with nothing in return is bad enough.

mcp5185
11-06-2007, 06:10 AM

I would imagine Danks would be in the rotation. I really don't want Miguel Tejada. He's too expensive and his defense is declining. If the O's pick up some of his deal, and we didn't need to give up much, I'd take him. However, I would prefer he not play SS, and move to DH/1B/2B.

I think Furcal is the best option to get at SS, now that the Tigers got Renteria. He can lead off and plays great defense.

eastchicagosoxfan
11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I would imagine Danks would be in the rotation. I really don't want Miguel Tejada. He's too expensive and his defense is declining. If the O's pick up some of his deal, and we didn't need to give up much, I'd take him. However, I would prefer he not play SS, and move to DH/1B/2B.

I think Furcal is the best option to get at SS, now that the Tigers got Renteria. He can lead off and plays great defense.
I forgot about Danks. My oversight. Danks would be ahead of Floyd, IMO.

Zisk77
11-06-2007, 07:56 AM
So, when the Mitchell reports tejada will we still want him? Notice how Tejada for the A's >>>>> Tejada for the O's? Wonder why?

TDog
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM

It you are applying for a job with the White Sox, you'll be better off if you keep that to yourself during the interview.

Tragg
11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
18 homers, .357 OBP (and declining defense) for a solid major league starter, 3B, young outfielder and young pitcher?

Ouch.

Man Soo Lee
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
So, when the Mitchell reports tejada will we still want him? Notice how Tejada for the A's >>>>> Tejada for the O's? Wonder why?

Tejada may be slipping defensively, but three of his four best seasons have been in Baltimore.

eastchicagosoxfan
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
The consensus of the posters on this thread don't want Tejada. I hadn't associated him with steroids. Not I believe he's beyond reproach, I just never made the connection. I'm not extremely high on him, and I did find him intriguing. Not as much after the posts. I am really interested in shortstop though. With the non-tender date for Uribe less than a day away, a rock solid decision at short really allows KW a lot more room to work other deals.

Zisk77
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Tejada may be slipping defensively, but three of his four best seasons have been in Baltimore.

batting average wise yes. Without looking up his last 4 years i would still guess rbi and hr's are down....I could be wrong. Last year they definately where down...hmmm woder why?

thedudeabides
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM

And last season his production numbers were down because he missed about 30 games due to injury. The first time in his career he has missed any significant time. He is a very productive offensive player. He is declining defensively, but I think he can still play the position for two more seasons.

I guess it just depends on what the O's want for him or if they're willing to pick up some of his salary. Oh yeah, and there's that whole Mitchell report thing. That could put an end to this rumor pretty fast.

Tragg
11-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Under any analysis, his best years are only great because he's a SS. As a LF they are not great. Well, we have doink hitters in LF that could be filled with that level of production much cheaper with a quality hitter than SS.
That price - a starter, a 3B and two top prospects for that level of production is insane.

Domeshot17
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Kenny told the baltimore sun that he will NOT be going after Miguel Tejada this offseason: per the trib (don't have a link just the paper infront of me)

Sockinchisox
11-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Kenny told the baltimore sun that he will NOT be going after Miguel Tejada this offseason: per the trib (don't have a link just the paper infront of me)

rotoworld:

After reportedly offering Gio Gonzalez and Jose Contreras for him last season, general manager Ken Williams said Tuesday that the White Sox are not interested in Miguel Tejada.
The Baltimore Sun reports that Tejada has been made available by the Orioles, but that they aren't getting much interest in the 31-year-old who has seen his slugging percentage drop in three straight seasons. Once the dust settles on Alex Rodriguez and Mike Lowell, it's possible that some teams could look to Tejada as a third baseman.
Source: Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.tejada07nov07,0,7074657.story)
Related: White Sox (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=CWS)

spawn
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Thank God.

Sockinchisox
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty happy the Orioles declined that trade proposal. The only way Gio should go in any trade is if we're getting a young above average player with potential to be a star like a Crawford.

Not a suddenly declining veteran.