PDA

View Full Version : Super Mega Post Game Rant Eurobeat Style

kermittheefrog
04-14-2002, 06:02 PM
AAAAAAA! What crap. Wright sucked but I personally would have rather seem him keep trying to put things together than see Barcelo who is gone. One guy can only take so many arm surgeries, I dunno if there is any interest in him right now but if there was an once I'd ship him off. The Reds always like to buy low and take their chances with players like this, we could snatch someone useful from them like knuckleballer Jared Fernandez who gets no respect but would make a better long man than Barcelo. I remember when Barcelo came over in the White Flag trade, he had a fastball in the upper nineties, now he has a fastball in the mid-eighties. If he ever gets some of his fastball back I doubt he'll be healthy for long enough to enjoy it.

Why do we even have a bench? Rowand gets to play a couple innings a week on defense in left but whats the point of having Jeff Liefer if he's never going to pinch hit for Sandy Alomar or Royce Clayton against a righthanded pitcher? I was watching Jay Gibbons beat our pitching mercilessly and wondered why we don't ahve a young lefthanded hitter like that then I realized we do in Liefer but Manuel likes to keep Leif chained to the bench.

Most fans booed when Royce was nearly plunked in the head. Personally I yelled "Take his head off for us! I'll buy you dinner!"

For anyone who likes to complain about how bad Lee is in left, Jeff Conine is worse. So is Chuck Knoblauch by the way.

Ray has George Clinton playing before his at bats, ain't nothing wrong with that.

FINALLY: Is it just me or does it seem like our guys have trouble putting the opposition away with 2 strikes? Buehrle has two strike counts all the time and barely picks up Ks. Wright doesn't strike out as many guys as he should, Barcelo got his arse beaten with two strikes. I have remained level headed for the longest time but I'm starting to slid onto the fire Nardi bandwagon.

Paulwny
04-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

FINALLY: Is it just me or does it seem like our guys have trouble putting the opposition away with 2 strikes? Buehrle has two strike counts all the time and barely picks up Ks. Wright doesn't strike out as many guys as he should, Barcelo got his arse beaten with two strikes. I have remained level headed for the longest time but I'm starting to slid onto the fire Nardi bandwagon.

For what it's worth, Jim Kaat, now yankmee announcer, attibutes this to inexperience, "not knowing how to put the hitter away".

Paulwny
04-14-2002, 06:16 PM
We are at the bottom of the AL in pitching stats for strike outs,48.

Chisox_cali
04-14-2002, 06:21 PM

Why do we even have a bench? Rowand gets to play a couple innings a week on defense in left but whats the point of having Jeff Liefer if he's never going to pinch hit for Sandy Alomar or Royce Clayton against a righthanded pitcher? I was watching Jay Gibbons beat our pitching mercilessly and wondered why we don't ahve a young lefthanded hitter like that then I realized we do in Liefer but Manuel likes to keep Leif chained to the bench.

It's like the exact opposite of last year, instead of shuffling the line-up everyday, JM WILL NOT change it from what it is right now. I definately thought Leifer would bat for Babe Klayton. Has Lief even had an AB this year?

HawkDJ
04-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Has Lief even had an AB this year?

One. It was a strikeout.

Chisox_cali
04-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

One. It was a strikeout.

eh probably would have done the same in todays game anyway...but we'll never know.

guillen4life13
04-14-2002, 06:49 PM
hey guys. i was there also (left field, near where c lee hit the homer). anyways, from where i was, i couldn't really see much in terms of which direction the ball was going in, and whether a pitch was a strike or a ball.

give lee his props here. he's made a good amount of excellent catches out there, and doesn't yet have an error.

really, the scapegoat of this game is... frank thomas. i believe he stranded at least 3-4 runners, and should have knocked them in.
lofton did his job. ray struck out a couple of times, but he kept the rally going in the 9th.

Porzio did a pretty good job also (i think he lodged the only 1/2 scoreless innings, but i'm not sure). hopefully he'll be the next kelly wunsch.

imo, the best part of the whole experience was the shower, since the sox completely stunk the joint up. the water was freezing, just the way it should be.

take it easy. i'll catch you guys later.

bc2k
04-14-2002, 08:42 PM
I was at the game today as well (section 346). Thomas and Durham stuck it up. Whenever the Sox had something going and the crowd behind them, one of these bums pop up or strike out. They are the worst two non-pitchers on the team.

Lofton had a well-timed impressive catch in center and a lead-off triple. Man, this guy is my early favorite for Sox MVP.

I couldn't wait to see Dan Wright pitch after seeing his two previous games on tv. I can't stand pitchers who cannot throw strikes. There is no such thing as effectively wild, I hate when he says that. This was a bad game to attend. Liefer should have pinched-hit for Durham in the ninth. Durham sucks, Lief would have had a three run blast. Guaranteed. Then Rowand should have hit for the three hundred pound singles hitter, Frank Thomas. Why do the fans cheer him louder than any other Sox player?

Daver
04-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Why do the fans cheer him louder than any other Sox player?

Because he will be in the HOF and owns almost all the Sox hitting records?

OfficerKarkovice
04-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Liefer should have pinched-hit for Durham in the ninth. Durham sucks, Lief would have had a three run blast. Guaranteed. Then Rowand should have hit for the three hundred pound singles hitter, Frank Thomas. Why do the fans cheer him louder than any other Sox player?

Don't be a dumbass...and because he is the best player in White Sox history. That answer your question?

duke of dorwood
04-14-2002, 09:20 PM
I would never bash the best player in our less than star filled history. I wish we did have coaches that the players really believed in enough to work with them through difficult times.

kermittheefrog
04-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Then Rowand should have hit for the three hundred pound singles hitter, Frank Thomas. Why do the fans cheer him louder than any other Sox player?

Where the hell do you get this stuff? Are you sure you're not a troll?

Nellie_Fox
04-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Because he has two MVP's, a career batting average of .317, and is the kind of player who causes everyone to stop what they're doing when he comes to bat and watch.

doublem23
04-15-2002, 12:40 AM

Because your obviously the only moron "Sox fan" who doesn't like him.

Hell, I was there, and I cheered like crazy for him. He's the best hitter I've ever seen.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

One. It was a strikeout.

Well hellThats enough of a sample size...Never bat him again!

RichH55
04-15-2002, 12:06 PM
Most fans booed when Royce was nearly plunked in the head. Personally I yelled "Take his head off for us! I'll buy you dinner!"

I yelled out after the first near hit "Hey Royce take one for the team!" and actually got decent laughs so perhaps the love affair is over?:)