PDA

View Full Version : New Mcfarlane Konerko Figure due in February

hi im skot
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Not exactly the greatest pose, but still looks pretty good.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/mlb20_pkonerko_photo_01_dp.jpg

Linky. (http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3429)

eriqjaffe
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
He looks very...uh...jowly.

AJ Hellraiser
11-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I always try to imagine which picture he used as the motivation for the piece...

The only one I can think of for this was the HR he hit against Mariano Rivera at USCF last season...

MetroPD
11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
looks like Lance Berkman from the right side in a Sox uniform.

Dont Stop Belivn
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
looks like Lance Berkman from the right side in a Sox uniform.

this is exactly what i was thinking

Brian26
11-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Not exactly the greatest pose, but still looks pretty good.

I was hoping they'd use his "arm in the air" pose as he was running to 1st base after the WS grand slam.

MarySwiss
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I was hoping they'd use his "arm in the air" pose as he was running to 1st base after the WS grand slam.

That would have been sweet.

But major Paulie fan that I am, I think I'll pass nevertheless. IMO, it really doesn't look much like him.

salty99
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
this is exactly what i was thinking

they probably just took a berkman figure and repainted it

hi im skot
11-06-2007, 08:49 AM
they probably just took a berkman figure and repainted it

I thought the same thing until I checked out Berkman's figure (http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1769).

BainesHOF
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
What a horrible pose for Konerko.

kruzer31
11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Here is the story about the figure. The Konerko is a repaint of a vlad guerrero pose they used a couple years ago in a Sleeveless Angels jersey. If you look closely at the figure you can see the cut on the shoulders where the sleeveless part of the jersey comes in. Well, a few weeks after McFarlane deciede to use the sleeveless White Sox home jerseys the Sox went and made public they will not be wearing these jerseys anymore. So Mcfarlane just goes and paints the whole uniform in pinstripes, leaving the sleeveless cuts to see if you look closely. Im glad he got a figure though.

Jeff

Dont Stop Belivn
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Here is the story about the figure. The Konerko is a repaint of a vlad guerrero pose they used a couple years ago in a Sleeveless Angels jersey. If you look closely at the figure you can see the cut on the shoulders where the sleeveless part of the jersey comes in. Well, a few weeks after McFarlane deciede to use the sleeveless White Sox home jerseys the Sox went and made public they will not be wearing these jerseys anymore. So Mcfarlane just goes and paints the whole uniform in pinstripes, leaving the sleeveless cuts to see if you look closely. Im glad he got a figure though.

Jeff

When did this happen? I loved those jerseys. I don't care what it really looks like though because i am a huge McFarlane collector of all the Chicago teams (I have almost every figure and the variants to go along with them) so i will be picking up this one as well

esbrechtel
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm just glad Paulie got some love!!! It will look pretty sweet next to my Thome figure....

kruzer31
11-07-2007, 09:34 PM
When did this happen? I loved those jerseys. I don't care what it really looks like though because i am a huge McFarlane collector of all the Chicago teams (I have almost every figure and the variants to go along with them) so i will be picking up this one as well

I have all the white sox as well. I also have a Jermain Dye McFarlane White Sox.

Jeff

Dont Stop Belivn
11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I have all the white sox as well. I also have a Jermain Dye McFarlane White Sox.

Jeff

isnt that Dye one a 2nd party customized one?

anewman35
11-07-2007, 10:47 PM

There was never any sort of official announcement, but a document file of all the mlb uniform changes for next year leaked, and the fact that we were dropping that uniform was on the list.

esbrechtel
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
isnt that Dye one a 2nd party customized one?
It would have to be because I never remember that being sold at all....do you have pics?

EDIT: I searched the net and the only JD action figure there is, is a starting lineup one from the mid 90's when he played for the Royals...it was his rookie season...

Dont Stop Belivn
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
It would have to be because I never remember that being sold at all....do you have pics?

EDIT: I searched the net and the only JD action figure there is, is a starting lineup one from the mid 90's when he played for the Royals...it was his rookie season...

yeah, im pretty sure that it is because i see them on ebay most of the time

kruzer31
11-09-2007, 12:30 AM
It is a custom done by a friend of mine who does great work, i will post pictures in the next day or so. It is pretty sweet

Jeff

ozzman
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
looks like artie lange