Lofton was good
PK, Maggs were good
Carlos was solid
I got a Magglio Ordonez Bobble Head Doll

Pathetic Things

Fan threw Gibbons HR back. Puke.

Huisj
04-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Yeah, if sox fans start throwing back home run balls on a regular basis, I will be pissed. That's a stupid cub thing to do. If you go to a baseball game and catch a ball, consider yourself lucky that you got it (you can still be disappointed that someone hit a homerun against the sox, but at least you got a ball out of the deal).

On saturday, when Batsita hit his homer, the people around the guy who got it were yelling to throw it back. It made me cringe to hear that. Luckily, he had a brain and didn't do it.

Viva Magglio
04-14-2002, 08:05 PM
For those of you who go to Comiskey Park, please adhere to the following rule:

In the event you catch a home run ball hit by the opposing team, under NO circumstances whatsoever are you to throw the ball back onto the field. This is a tradition that takes place at Wrigley Field, and we want to have absolutely no part of that tradition. Any White Sox fan who advocates throwing enemy home run balls back should have his or her credentials as a White Sox fan questioned.

Huisj
04-14-2002, 08:25 PM
AMEN

Procol Harum
04-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Word.

rmusacch
04-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
For those of you who go to Comiskey Park, please adhere to the following rule:

They should not be allowed to ever enter the ballpark again.

doublem23
04-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I saw that, and I wanted to pound that guy.

Nellie_Fox
04-14-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
If you go to a baseball game and catch a ball, consider yourself lucky that you got it.
Preach it brother, preach it! Keep that Wrigley crap at Wrigley! Hey Comiskey security: how about ejecting the fan for throwing objects on the field?

harwar
04-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah, I saw that, and I wanted to pound that guy.
This has bothered me for years,but i did nothing because i thought it would pass by now.The people who catch a homerun ball at wrigley are under tremendous pressure to throw it back,even to the point of physical intimidation.I say we do the same thing at Comiskey,in reverse.Anyone seen throwing homerun balls back onto the field should be hounded by Sox fans to the point where they can't stay in the park.I am just waiting for the chance to catch someone near me doing that.I'm going to let them have it.

moochpuppy
04-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Here's what I would like to do.......go to a Cubs game, doesn't matter who they are playing and sit in bleachers and when a Cubs players hits a homerun throw that ball back. I think that would be classic! :smile:

NUCatsFan
04-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Here's what I would like to do.......go to a Cubs game, doesn't matter who they are playing and sit in bleachers and when a Cubs players hits a homerun throw that ball back. I think that would be classic! :smile:

Better yet. Sit in the right field bleachers. Throw the HR ball at Shammy (wait the half-inning if necessary).

RichH55
04-15-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm not an attendence guru here...but is 24,000 for a Sunday game on an absolutely beautiful day that happens to be bobblehead day a bad sign? I bought tickets the day of and was only 22 rows off First Base