PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Affeldt

hose
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
The lefthander is a free agent and is coming off a decent year. Do you think Kenny has any interest in him?

chisoxmike
11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
A broken down Royals pitcher, you bet!

soxinem1
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
He's always had a great arm, he and Jimmy Gobble when they were on KC.

But Affeldt is much like Matt Thornton, a guy with great stuff, but not able to become dominating or develop any consistency. And just like Thornton, he's a thrower.

He's another Thornton and Boone Logan type, why do we need another one? So we can load up on LHRP who pitch 70 games and throw less than 50 IP?

Foulke You
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't want him. Affeldt has already proven that he can't pitch in the AL Central. He is coming off a decent year in a weak league. I'd just assume take my chances with the young Boone Logan improving over Affeldt who has already had years to prove he belonged in KC.

SBSoxFan
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't want him. Affeldt has already proven that he can't pitch in the AL Central. He is coming off a decent year in a weak league. I'd just assume take my chances with the young Boone Logan improving over Affeldt who has already had years to prove he belonged in KC.

I'd assume that you would just as soon take your chances as well. :tongue:

getonbckthr
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
My guess he goes to Baltimore they love relievers who have a great contract season.:D:

ThaSandman
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
A broken down Royals pitcher, you bet!

I thought the same exact thing. What a genius comment.