PDA

View Full Version : Dayn Perry knows more than everyone else...

chisoxmike
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7403762

Next season, the Sox won't have much of a prayer in the tough AL Central, but they still seem determined to make a run at it. If they're serious about catching up to the manifestly superior Indians, Tigers and Twins, then this isn't the time for half-measures. That means spending loads of money this winter. Specifically, that means Alex Rodriguez at shortstop and a front-line addition in center. And even then the odds would be against them.

Geez, look at his picture. Not looking too good Dayyynnnnn.... :rolling:

oeo
11-04-2007, 09:44 PM
The Twins are 'manifestly superior' to us? :?:

They have just as many question marks as we do right now.

And ****...did he just get out of rehab? :lol:

sodfatherjunior
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I believe this is another guy that Hawk has referred to in the past as a hiney bird...............I couldn't agree w/Hawk more on this one, I've read an article or two by this guy and that's all I could handle, I honestly thought what I was reading was supposed to be a joke

Vestigio
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Atleast we wont more than likely have to hear him whine about Pods next season

TDog
11-04-2007, 10:05 PM
He actually believes the AL Central is a tough division, which it was in 2006. the fact is, the Sox have a better chance in the Central than they would in the East or West. Even last year, while losing 90 games, the Sox actually had a winning record against the Central.

JermaineDye05
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm starting to think Dayn Perry actually just hates the sox and not Pods. His anti-Pods articles got so annoying.

DumpJerry
11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
First of all, friends don't let friends read Dayn Perry.

Secondly, that pic looks like the one the media uses when someone is arrested after some horrible mass murder while playing soundbites of his neighbors saying "he was a nice boy growing up."

The Real Me
11-04-2007, 10:40 PM
He's being a little hyperbolic with the "we need ARod" imperative, but he's right: we do suck "manifestly" more than the aforementioned ball clubs.

WhiteSox5187
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know why people bother to read this guy or the Moron as they obviously are idiots. Having said that, I didn't read the column. The Twins are going to be losing Hunter and Santana, let's see how they do with that next year. The Indians are looking at losing Paul Byrd for possibily fifty games (if Selig is serious) AND the Tigers could be in trouble if Pudge is implicated in the steroid thing.

But right now we have no idea what the hell the rosters are going to look like going into the 2008 season. I'll grant him this, if the Sox keep this current roster they're in trouble. But for right now we're as likely to win the World Series in 2008 as any other team.

Dont Stop Belivn
11-05-2007, 01:03 AM
this is a ****ing joke. Besides Hiney-Bird #1 Moroniti, Perry is next in line. I just refuse to read his **** anymore.

veeter
11-05-2007, 07:01 AM
A White Sox world championship is now starting to take shape. First, the Red Sox won it this year, second, the Dayne Perry "White Sox suck" articles are starting to flow. After Kenny makes his moves, Perry and ESPN need to complete the trifecta, by saying the moves were horrible and they'll finish fourth.

DumpJerry
11-05-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't know why people bother to read this guy or the Moron as they obviously are idiots. Having said that, I didn't read the column. The Twins are going to be losing Hunter and Santana, let's see how they do with that next year. The Indians are looking at losing Paul Byrd for possibily fifty games (if Selig is serious) AND the Tigers could be in trouble if Pudge is implicated in the steroid thing
Unless Johan has a season-ending injury in ST or the Twins trade him for some total studs, they will have him all of 2008. If they trade Johan, expect whomever they get to be on the White Sox terrorist watch list, just like Johan.

fquaye149
11-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Look, I love my Sox unconditionally, but things are not looking good for next year.

We have a lot of question-marks in our lineup and bullpen, and these are question marks with a pretty low expectable ceiling.

3B, SS, CF, 2B, and LF are all huge question marks, and with the exception of CF, 3B and possibly SS, we're unlikely to have anyone there who we can hope for more than slightly above average from.

Our rotation LOOKS pretty decent, although it isn't overly pessimistic to expect worse performances from Garland and Contreras this year and who knows how Danks will adjust to his second year.

OUr bullpen...well...Jenks is someone we can count on to produce next year, but we have a bunch of huge question marks up and down the bullpen besides him. The good news is that for most of these guys the ceiling is a lot higher than with our question marks at position players, but frankly, the likely nadir is a lot lower too.

The good news? We are solid at C and RF, and our middle of the lineup can hit. Burly is solid, and Vazquez is looking like he may have finally started figuring it out. Also, Kenny recognizes MOST of our deficiencies and will be dealing, and if Ozzie plays the young talent, they have a lot of upside and in a few years could very well be great.

However, bottom line is, though Perry shouldn't use a word like "manifestly superior," before offseason moves are even made, and he certainly shouldn't use it about the Twins, it is very difficult to see an argument against the idea that the White Sox remain the fourth best team in the AL Central...at least on paper...and paper's all we can talk about right now. What do you expect a columnist to say: "well, the other teams have much better personnel, but golly gee the White Sox are such a great franchise that they will probably play really hard and grit out a championship!"

fquaye149
11-05-2007, 08:27 AM
and yes, I know, I know, it's Dayn Perry, but I think we need to face the facts: Dayn Perry probably doesn't hate the Sox. Dayn Perry probably doesn't care about the Sox. He was probably annoyed at the overhype Podsednik got (which he did get) and took that to his Sabrmetrics extreme, but frankly, he's not attacking the Sox, he's just recognizing them as a team that Sabrmetrics (however flawed a system it might be and however stupid he is for blindly swallowing everything about it) doesn't project as very good

skobabe8
11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7403762

Geez, look at his picture. Not looking too good Dayyynnnnn.... :rolling:

You're right, he looks awful.

chaerulez
11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
His choice of words was stupid, but if Dayn Perry is saying right now we are the 4th best team in the AL Central, he'd be right.

And even if we got A-Rod and Torii, unless that bullpen gets fixed, we don't go to the postseason.

chisoxmike
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I have no problems with him or anybody else picking the Sox to blow hard in 2008. But as chaerulez said, his wording is dumb and the fact that he bows down to BP and uses them and truth all the time shows he doesn't have anything else to back his **** up with. Calling the Twins "manifestly" better than the Sox is lame. A-Rod can't pitch, just like the staff we have now.

You can tell his eyes are rolling when he says "but they're determined to make a run at it." Like "How dare they decide to win! How dare they want to compete!" To you Dayn ->:rolleyes: