PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread 4/14

MattSharp
04-14-2002, 05:10 PM
I didn't get to see the game today.

Why did Wright pitch so few innings?

Also, Barcelo looked terrible. What else is new. You can't fault the offense as usual. 4 runs and 12 hits isnt half bad.

Kenny Lofton looked awesome as usual. He continues to impress everyone.

Ordonez, Konerko, and Valentin has good games again.

I think as a whole the offense looked really good. Hopefully the pitching comes around in the next few days.

sox_fan_4life
04-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Wright pitched so few innings because he got shelled. 5 runs in 2 innings. Barcelo gave up 4 runs, and the rest of the staff shut them down. Unfortunately it was 9-2 before it ended.

Jerry_Manuel
04-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Wright couldn't find the plate today. The offense left 8 men on base, they had a few chances to get the team back into the game, but they either popped out or hit into a double play. Can't win every game.

kermittheefrog
04-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I didn't get to see the game today.

Why did Wright pitch so few innings?

Straight from my scorecard:

Wright - 56 pitches, 27 strikes.

KempersRS
04-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Can't win every game.

Very true, but can the Tigers lose every game?

RichH55
04-15-2002, 12:51 PM
It seemed like Barcelo has lost alot of velocity........He was constantly clocked around 87-88........Didn't that used to be his change-up:) Damn

Paulwny
04-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
It seemed like Barcelo has lost alot of velocity........He was constantly clocked around 87-88........Didn't that used to be his change-up:) Damn

According to the orioles' announcers the Comiskey radar gun was off , on the high side, by as much as 7mph during yesterday's game. The orioles were obtaining lower readings and the sox mgmt. agreed that the gun was off.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

According to the orioles' announcers the Comiskey radar gun was off , on the high side, by as much as 7mph during yesterday's game. The orioles were obtaining lower readings and the sox mgmt. agreed that the gun was off.

So its worse than I thought? Well that isnt helping me any

RichH55
04-15-2002, 03:41 PM
For those of you who saw the game yesterday...was it my imigination or was there no high strike at all? I always assumed it wouldnt last, but when did it go away for those of you who paid attention?