PDA

View Full Version : If ARod goes to LA

JohnTucker0814
11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Do you guys think the price tag for Furcal will greatly reduce if Arod decides to sign with LA? Or is LA thinking about putting him at 3B? If they want Arod at SS, would a Garland/Crede for Kemp/Furcal work out? That will give us a line-up of the following:

1. Furcal SS
2. Kemp CF/LF
3. Thome DH
4. Konerko 1B
5. Dye RF
6. Fields 3B
7. Pierzynski C
8. Richar 2B
9. Owens LF/CF

Big upgrade in our speed dept with Furcal, Kemp, Fields, Richar and Owens.

Rotation
1. Buehrle
2. Vazquez
3. Contreras
4. Danks
5. Gio/Floyd/Broadway, etc

I believe the cost of this team is lower if not the same as the cost of our team in '07. That will allow us to use the extra money to spend on our much needed bullpen and even add a veteran starter if we wanted to.

voodoochile
11-02-2007, 10:32 AM
The bottom 3 starting pitchers in your rotation are a complete question mark.

Vasquez and Buehrle and tee times come early...

Fenway
11-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Bill Madden of the NY Daily News says Torre was told that the Dodgers will sign A-Rod and that is part of the reason he took the job.

McCourt has had trouble selling out Dodger Stadium even resorting to "all you can eat" bleachers.

A-Rod would bring in 5,000 more a game....that is almost 10 million of the cost right there

PorkChopExpress
11-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I imagine they want AROD for 3B. Don't they have a young SS, Hu, that they want to bring up which is why they want to get rid of Furcal in the first place (and Furcal's salary)?

palehozenychicty
11-02-2007, 11:01 AM
They also have Andy LaRoche at third, who got significantly more playing time last season. If A-Fraud signs with Blue, then he may be available in a trade as well. He is projected to be a good one.

DumpJerry
11-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Bill Madden of the NY Daily News says Torre was told that the Dodgers will sign A-Rod and that is part of the reason he took the job.
...and rumor had it that Ozzie was extended before the season ended because KW assured him that he would go for ARod if ARod opted out.

It is ludicrous to believe that Torre was told that the Dodgers would sign ARod. They can't make that guarantee. Borass has some say in the matter and if Borass gets a better offer than what the Dodgers put on the table, then Torre won't have ARod.

Torre might have been told that the Dodgers would try their best to land ARod since that is really all they, and any other MLB team, can say at this point.

soltrain21
11-02-2007, 11:03 AM
They also have Andy LaRoche at third, who got significantly more playing time last season. If A-Fraud signs with Blue, then he may be available in a trade as well. He is projected to be a good one.

He already have a log jam at third base.

palehozenychicty
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
He already have a log jam at third base.

I wasn't referring to the Sox going after LaRoche. In time Fields will be enough there, assuming Crede builds up enough trade value. Just that LaRoche would be available if the Dodgers get Rodriguez.

Huisj
11-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Some of LaRoche's minor league numbers are darn impressive. Power, average, plate discipline, doesn't strike out much. But where's he gonna play? ha

The Dodgers' minor league system has produced some pretty impressive looking players in the last few years. Him, Kemp, Martin, Ethier, Young, Loney. That's a ton of good young talent.

JohnTucker0814
11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Crede/Contreras for Furcal... then sign Hunter... maybe that will be the best way to go...

I would prefer to try and get Kemp and Furcal and then go after a veteran SP to replace Garland.. maybe bring back Freddy on a 1 yr contract with options for yrs 2 and 3...

I think we need to do something to get some good young hitters in our line-up. Kemp would be huge for us over the next 5-6 years at a salary very cheap!

SBSoxFan
11-02-2007, 11:16 AM
McCourt has had trouble selling out Dodger Stadium even resorting to "all you can eat" bleachers.

Maybe they'd do better if they offered all-you-can-eat hot dogs instead of bleachers.

Fenway
11-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe they'd do better if they offered all-you-can-eat hot dogs instead of bleachers.

I love Dodger Dogs
http://www.farmerjohn.com/CMSAssets/3a9e5af8-26a8-4ef5-8f54-b4f220e068ba/312_DODGER_DOG_1LB.jpg
http://www.johnnyjet.com/images/PicForNewsletterLA1092004DODGERDOGSTAND.JPG

wdelaney72
11-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I loved Dodger stadium when I visited in 2006, but the "Dodger Dog" is over-rated... it's good, but over-rated.

The Cell has better dogs and better overall food across the board. Just think of the aroma of the onions grilling as you enter the concourse.

MMMmmmmm.

Fenway
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I loved Dodger stadium when I visited in 2006, but the "Dodger Dog" is over-rated... it's good, but over-rated.

The Cell has better dogs and better overall food across the board. Just think of the aroma of the onions grilling as you enter the concourse.

MMMmmmmm.

My problem with eating the USCF is I don't want to give any money to him

The WORST living owner in sports
http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/54/2006/Q1UZ.jpg

#317 Jeremy Jacobs Sr
Net Worth $1.5 billion
Source Service (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/54/richlist07_The-400-Richest-Americans-Service_8Rank.html), Inherited and growing
Age 67
Marital Status Married, 6 children

wdelaney72
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM

#317 Jeremy Jacobs Sr
Net Worth $1.5 billion
Source Service (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/54/richlist07_The-400-Richest-Americans-Service_8Rank.html), Inherited and growing
Age 67
Marital Status Married, 6 children

What does he have to do with US Cellular Field?

Fenway
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
What does he have to do with US Cellular Field?

He owns the concessions at USCF

http://www.delawarenorth.com/AboutDNC/sportservice.asp

Delaware North is not a public company, Jacobs owns it all

Paulwny
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM

The local boy did good for himself.

Fenway
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
The local boy did good for himself.

Then why didn't he buy the Sabres and leave us alone :angry:

Just a sample includes Toronto's SkyDome (Blue Jays®), Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium® (Buffalo Bills®) and HSBC Arena® (Sabres®), Milwaukee's Miller Park® (Brewers®), Dallas' American Airlines Center® (MavericksSM and StarsSM), Cleveland Browns Stadium® (Browns), St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome® (Rams); Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox®), Columbus Ohio's Nationwide Arena® (Blue Jackets®), and more than a dozen spring training and minor league parks.

Paulwny
11-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Then why didn't he buy the Sabres and leave us alone :angry:

Just a sample includes Toronto's SkyDome (Blue Jays®), Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium® (Buffalo Bills®) and HSBC Arena® (Sabres®), Milwaukee's Miller Park® (Brewers®), Dallas' American Airlines Center® (MavericksSM and StarsSM), Cleveland Browns Stadium® (Browns), St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome® (Rams); Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox®), Columbus Ohio's Nationwide Arena® (Blue Jackets®), and more than a dozen spring training and minor league parks.

Why would he want to screw the people in Western NY ? :wink:

drewcifer
11-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Crede/Contreras for Furcal... then sign Hunter... maybe that will be the best way to go...

Wouldn't that mean $25M for 1 year of Furcal?

mark2olson
11-02-2007, 03:03 PM

MMMmmmmm.

The power of suggestion...now I've got that "smell" in my head (it is, pure heaven, after all)

KRS1
11-02-2007, 03:23 PM

This really surprises me. One of my best friends down here is a Dodgers fan, so I go out to visit him or just go with him out to his house in LA a lot during the summer. I have been to around 15 games at the ravine, and every one has been packed. All but one game against the Phillies were against division rivals, and it wasn't as full that time, but still it was a very good crowd.

Johnny Mostil
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM

A-Rod would bring in 5,000 more a game....that is almost 10 million of the cost right there

The Dodgers must be doing something right . . . their "a-word (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/attend.shtml)" has increased for seven consecutive years and has been tops in the NL for four consecutive seasons. I'd like to know where their remaining 9,000 seats per game (on average) are.

Off-topic, but I loved the Von's (or was it Ralph's?) "family pack" out there . . . four tix, four dogs, four drinks, a souvenir, and parking for $39 (this was about a half dozen years ago now) . . . that's how one of my young'uns saw their first MLB game . . .

Fenway
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The Dodgers must be doing something right . . . their "a-word (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/attend.shtml)" has increased for seven consecutive years and has been tops in the NL for four consecutive seasons. I'd like to know where their remaining 9,000 seats per game (on average) are.

Off-topic, but I loved the Von's (or was it Ralph's?) "family pack" out there . . . four tix, four dogs, four drinks, a souvenir, and parking for $39 (this was about a half dozen years ago now) . . . that's how one of my young'uns saw their first MLB game . . .

Remember the Dodgers have a lot of cheap tickets during the week

FarWestChicago
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM

#317 Jeremy Jacobs Sr
Net Worth $1.5 billion
Age 67
Marital Status Married, 6 childrenDamn, dude. You were just waiting for $Bill to go so you could bust that out. :o:

Johnny Mostil
11-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Remember the Dodgers have a lot of cheap tickets during the week

That's true, but that still begs the question of how much value is in the seats they haven't been selling. (I've no idea what the answer is.)

Damn, dude. You were just waiting for $Bill to go so you could bust that out. :o:

Heh. You said what I was thinking . . .

jabrch
11-02-2007, 04:37 PM

I thought Levy Restaurants owns the concessions? Is that just for the premium seating?

JohnTucker0814
11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Wouldn't that mean $25M for 1 year of Furcal?

How do you get $25M for 1 year of Furcal???

Fenway
11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought Levy Restaurants owns the concessions? Is that just for the premium seating?

Levy is just club level. Jacobs does a great job in Chicago and Milwaukee but at Boston Garden it is putrid.

eriqjaffe
11-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Remember the Dodgers have a lot of cheap tickets during the week...and you can get Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburgers in the grandstand. Mmmmm....

KRS1
11-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Yeah, I don't get that number either. I get 13MM +4MM bonus before 2009(which I would hope, and expect the Dodgers to be paying).

drewcifer
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Yeah, I don't get that number either. I get 13MM +4MM bonus before 2009(which I would hope, and expect the Dodgers to be paying).

My bad. I'm looking at $13M for 2 years, but cited he's only got 1 year at the same time. Mental fart, working and posting and not paying attention. :redface:

I honestly wasn't even thinking about any bonuses.

TheOldRoman
11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Don't they have a young SS, Hu, that they want to bring up which is why they want to get rid of Furcal in the first place (and Furcal's salary)?That's what I want to know, Hu's the shortstop?

SABRSox
11-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry, but Dodger Dogs trump anything at USCF, including the Kosher Dogs.

Boondock Saint
11-03-2007, 02:09 AM

Those dogs had better be damned delicious then, because a dog at USCF with brown mustard and grilled onion=amazing.

It's Dankerific
11-03-2007, 03:48 AM

I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a hotdog from Aldi than a Dodger Dog.

Standing Ovation
11-03-2007, 07:39 AM
The Dodger Dog is sooooo overrated. I'd put them on the same level as the dogs at Wrigley. Brutal.

tebman
11-03-2007, 08:41 AM
That's what I want to know, Hu's the shortstop?

From this year's amateur draft:
In the second round, the Dodgers chose Michael Watt, an 18-year-old left-handed pitcher from Capistrano Valley High School in San Juan Capistrano, Calif. The 6-1, 185-pound Watt has a deceptive delivery and an effective breaking ball. He's pitched only four innings this season.

So this could mean that watching a Dodger game in a couple of years a fan could reasonably say Hu's on first and Watt's on second.

http://www.alphadragondesign.com/final_project/images/whos_on_first.jpg

chaerulez
11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Some of LaRoche's minor league numbers are darn impressive. Power, average, plate discipline, doesn't strike out much. But where's he gonna play? ha

The Dodgers' minor league system has produced some pretty impressive looking players in the last few years. Him, Kemp, Martin, Ethier, Young, Loney. That's a ton of good young talent.

Ethier was a A's product, the Dodgers got him for Milton Bradley I believe. But yes the Dodgers are stacked. They produced Billingsley and Broxton as well. Still have Hu, Kershaw, and Egbert.

Zisk77
11-07-2007, 12:42 PM
That's what I want to know, Hu's the shortstop?

No, Hu's on first... sorry couldn't resist.

TheOldRoman
11-07-2007, 07:31 PM
No, Hu's on first... sorry couldn't resist.
Every month when you pay the Shortstop, Hu gets the money?

Naturally.