PDA

View Full Version : A pitcher who cant throw strikes....


Bmr31
04-14-2002, 02:34 PM
needs to be sent to the minors! Wright is pissing me off.,...... :angry:

Paulwny
04-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
needs to be sent to the minors! Wright is pissing me off.,...... :angry:


Agree, he'll be lucky if he goes 5 innings.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
needs to be sent to the minors! Wright is pissing me off.,...... :angry:

nice #3 SP.......... :?:

doublem23
04-14-2002, 05:27 PM
So, Danny Wright has a bad outing, and you want to ship him out, but last year, Klayton is batting in the .100s until the end of May, and you vehemently support him?

Whatever...

voodoochile
04-14-2002, 05:37 PM
This would be more convincing if you had made a statement after his first two outings along the same lines. Right now it just sounds reactionary...

RedPinStripes
04-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Not every pitcher can have his best stuff out tehre every time. He had 2 great outings and 1 bad. So what? Wait a while till we crucify him.

HawkDJ
04-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
needs to be sent to the minors! Wright is pissing me off.,...... :angry:

I'd say you're going just a little bit overboard. This is the same Dan Wright that threw 63% strikes against Detroit and gave up 0 walks. Yeah that was him.

Buehrle only threw 59% strikes against that same Detroit team and gave up 2 walks. And to prove that wasn't a fluke he threw 58% strikes against Kansas City with 3 walks. Send Buehrle to the minors already, he can't throw strikes.

harwar
04-15-2002, 10:03 AM
I'm not worried about Wright,hes' an average pitcher who will probably be an average 4th or 5th starter someday.He'll be ok,what worries me is Jon Rauch being fed to the wolves tuesday night.I realize there is no one else to pitch.I just hope that he takes it in stride as a learning experience because hes' gonna get toasted.

Dadawg_77
04-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Why is everyone down on Rauch? I think he can pitch a very good game on Tuesday, the Tribe is do for a loss, and the guy can pitch.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2002, 10:37 AM
I like the progress Wright seems to be making. However, I do believe the progress will be limited until we get a new pitching coach.

Randar68
04-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
needs to be sent to the minors! Wright is pissing me off.,...... :angry:

*****! He could have won the CY Young last year and you would still be bitchin' about him.

I guess one outing deserves just waiving him outright...

RichH55
04-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


*****! He could have won the CY Young last year and you would still be bitchin' about him.

I guess one outing deserves just waiving him outright...


I thought one bad outing and/or 8 bad at-bats was the criteria for calling for a guys head around here....better read my by-laws more closely I guess

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


*****! He could have won the CY Young last year and you would still be bitchin' about him.

I guess one outing deserves just waiving him outright...


umm i seem to remember several bad outings from this chump. Hes the 2nd coming of rocky biddle. Buehrle and Garland are keepers, wright and biddle? Dog ****....

Randar68
04-15-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31



umm i seem to remember several bad outings from this chump. Hes the 2nd coming of rocky biddle. Buehrle and Garland are keepers, wright and biddle? Dog ****....

As usual, thanks for the empirical and overwhelming evidence!

Based on this revolutionary proof, how can any of us not be convinced?

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Not every pitcher can have his best stuff out tehre every time. He had 2 great outings and 1 bad. So what? Wait a while till we crucify him.

Yes but that is the nature of this board. One bad thing and they think the sky is falling. Something good happens and they are thinking we can go all the way.

doublem23
04-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


Yes but that is the nature of this board. One bad thing and they think the sky is falling. Something good happens and they are thinking we can go all the way.

Actually, if one good thing happens, we all think something bad is about to happen.

Hey, we haven't won jack **** in 85 years. Lay off the negativity. :smile:

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


As usual, thanks for the empirical and overwhelming evidence!

Based on this revolutionary proof, how can any of us not be convinced?

dude i dont know how your mind works, but last time i checked this was a website for whitesox fans to share many things, including and especially their opinions.......since when did we have to prove everything we say? My proof will come from following their careers. If you want PROOF, thats the only way ........so enjoy!

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Why is everyone down on Rauch? I think he can pitch a very good game on Tuesday, the Tribe is do for a loss, and the guy can pitch.

I hope you are right with Rauch. I am kinda in the wait and see category on him. I took a flier on him in the last round of our fantasy draft so I am hoping that he will do well. I have not inserted him in my starting lineup yet as he has only pitched 1 1/3 innings. I do not like this layoff that they have given him. He has not pitched since April 2nd, almost two weeks and it will be two weeks tomorrow. Yes, I know they had intended to pitch him on April 9th but they have known since last Monday that he was not going to pitch them. They should have got him some work, maybe last Wednesday when Garland got shelled. Yes, we still had a chance to win and ended up winning but it would have been a good situation to put him in to see if he could hack it.

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


I hope you are right with Rauch. I am kinda in the wait and see category on him. I took a flier on him in the last round of our fantasy draft so I am hoping that he will do well. I have not inserted him in my starting lineup yet as he has only pitched 1 1/3 innings. I do not like this layoff that they have given him. He has not pitched since April 2nd, almost two weeks and it will be two weeks tomorrow. Yes, I know they had intended to pitch him on April 9th but they have known since last Monday that he was not going to pitch them. They should have got him some work, maybe last Wednesday when Garland got shelled. Yes, we still had a chance to win and ended up winning but it would have been a good situation to put him in to see if he could hack it.
Here is my OPINION(no proof offered, lol). At first i was so high on rauch! Then he got injured and honestly i dont think hes ready yet and the sox may be rushing him. Im with you.....wait and see but with optimism....

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Actually, if one good thing happens, we all think something bad is about to happen.

Hey, we haven't won jack **** in 85 years. Lay off the negativity. :smile:

Yeah, I agree that we have not won jack **** in 85 years so you would think that you guys would be a little more lenient with little setbacks. I think it is just the nature that a lot of the regular posters on this board are teenagers and teenagers seem to be very reactionary. If I am misrepresenting the majority of posters, I apologize. I have not been around the board long.

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


Yeah, I agree that we have not won jack **** in 85 years so you would think that you guys would be a little more lenient with little setbacks. I think it is just the nature that a lot of the regular posters on this board are teenagers and teenagers seem to be very reactionary. If I am misrepresenting the majority of posters, I apologize. I have not been around the board long.

Im not a teen and im not reactionary at all. Danny wright sucks and ive been saying this for a year, not just after a bad outing....

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Here is my OPINION(no proof offered, lol). At first i was so high on rauch! Then he got injured and honestly i dont think hes ready yet and the sox may be rushing him. Im with you.....wait and see but with optimism....


Unless he has lost 10 mph like Barcelo ...Im not all that worried on him....He was never a Farnsworth type where the solution to any hitter is throw faster...and hes a 5th starter getting his 1st start like 3 weeks into the season after having to earn a spot(He seemed to be ticketed back to Charlotte at every turn and would be if Parque could have throw harder than me earlier in the year or struck me out at this point of the year)....so rushing might be pushing it, unless you think that handling Crede is the way too handle every prospect in which case almost every guy in baseball has been rushed:)

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by RichH55



Unless he has lost 10 mph like Barcelo ...Im not all that worried on him....He was never a Farnsworth type where the solution to any hitter is throw faster...and hes a 5th starter getting his 1st start like 3 weeks into the season after having to earn a spot(He seemed to be ticketed back to Charlotte at every turn and would be if Parque could have throw harder than me earlier in the year or struck me out at this point of the year)....so rushing might be pushing it, unless you think that handling Crede is the way too handle every prospect in which case almost every guy in baseball has been rushed:)


BTW ...regarding Crede, could he wind up being on the Wade Boggs career path? A couple of extra years in the minors for not apparent reason but a great career nonetheless? Though if Boggs goes in as a Devil Ray to the Hall I shall never be able to speak highly of him again