PDA

View Full Version : Where will A-Rod go?

Fenway
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
This is going to be the big story in MLB for the next month and we probablywill not know until the Winter Meetings in December when Boras will have all the players under one roof.

So who will be the players?

Yankees I doubt it. They drew their line in the sand when they said if they lost the payments from Texas they would be out. However if Boston is closing in then they may have to reconsider.

Boston They can afford him and if Mike Lowell goes to NYY then they will need a third baseman. But if A-Rod thought New York was a fishbowl Boston would be 100 times worse. In Manhattan you can hide, Boston you can't. Besides we have lousy strip clubs.

Detroit MikeIlitch is crazy enough to do it. A-Rod certainly would change the power structure in the AL Central.

White Sox If the Tigers are in the hunt then the White Sox have to at least consider it.

Anaheim Artie Moreno could take control of the SoCal market with this move.

Seattle I think they broke the bank for Ichiro and besides A-Rod is despised by Mariners fans.

I can't see anybody else in the AL getting involved.

Mets Last year at Shea and they have to make fans forget September. But would A-Rod want to stay in the New York circus?

Philadelphia If A-Rod thought New York fans were vicious.

Washington New ballpark, owners with a lot of cash. Possible.

Cubs What does the Tribune care it? New owner will have to pay.

Giants Need a gate attraction to replace Bonds.

Dodgers McCourt has empty seats to fill. They could use a superstar to promote in LaLa land.

Atlanta I doubt it. If they were still on TBS 'maybe'

Houston Owner has the money

Florida A lot depends on if the Marlins get their new stadium locked up. If they do they might try to bring A-Rod to his home city. Would certainly help with Hispanic fans.

I really can't see anybody else sniffing.

INSox56
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
i don't see anyone paying 30 mil, but I see only the angels with a need and comparable money to land him. Only problem is once they get that pop in their lineup and a huge boost to payroll...the chances of us sending garland or konerko to LAA shrink. :(:

PKalltheway
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I picked the Angels. I just can't picture the Tigers throwing all of that money at him.

Mets: If he wanted to leave the Yankees, why would he join the Mets?

Red Sox: Why would they want him? They've already won 2 titles without him.

Marlins: With cheap-ass Loria at the helm? No way, Jose.

Washington: This is a joke, right?

Houston: They have the money, but they definitely need to address some of their pitching.

Cubs: With the owner situation in limbo, not really sure. They have the money though.

Philadelphia: Again, why do they need him? They already have plenty of power. They need to address their aging rotation.

San Francisco: Maybe. They've got the money, but I don't think A-Rod would want to go to a team that's sorta rebuilding themselves with younger talent.

White Sox: KW has already stated that he isn't going after A-Rod.

Atlanta: No

Dodgers: Maybe. They're another good candidate.

Yankees: They've already said no, but I have a gut feeling that they may end up changing their mind. We'll see...

wdelaney72
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM

A team stupid enough to pay Zito 7 years, $126 million.
A team stupid enough to pay Bonds $15.8 million to be a part-time player

No, it's not a RH HR friendly ballpark, but unless Boston and the Yankees get into a pissing match, there's just not that many teams who have that kind of cake.

soxinem1
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I just picked WAS because I could care less where he goes.

DumpJerry
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Royals. Lowest cost of living of any MLB city. He can get more bang (and house) for the buck.

palehozenychicty
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Royals. Lowest cost of living of any MLB city. He can get more bang (and house) for the buck.

Honestly if that happened, it would be the biggest story of them all. Uncle Bud would veto it, however, because he'd get too full off the barbeque.

getonbckthr
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got a gut feeling Oakland. I don't know why.

soxinem1
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Why wasn't Hell on the list?

thedudeabides
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I have a feeling the Giants will make a big play.

Red Barchetta
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
This is going to be the big story in MLB for the next month and we probablywill not know until the Winter Meetings in December when Boras will have all the players under one roof.

So who will be the players?

Yankees I doubt it. They drew their line in the sand when they said if they lost the payments from Texas they would be out. However if Boston is closing in then they may have to reconsider.

Boston They can afford him and if Mike Lowell goes to NYY then they will need a third baseman. But if A-Rod thought New York was a fishbowl Boston would be 100 times worse. In Manhattan you can hide, Boston you can't. Besides we have lousy strip clubs.

Detroit MikeIlitch is crazy enough to do it. A-Rod certainly would change the power structure in the AL Central.

White Sox If the Tigers are in the hunt then the White Sox have to at least consider it.

Anaheim Artie Moreno could take control of the SoCal market with this move.

Seattle I think they broke the bank for Ichiro and besides A-Rod is despised by Mariners fans.

I can't see anybody else in the AL getting involved.

Mets Last year at Shea and they have to make fans forget September. But would A-Rod want to stay in the New York circus?

Philadelphia If A-Rod thought New York fans were vicious.

Washington New ballpark, owners with a lot of cash. Possible.

Cubs What does the Tribune care it? New owner will have to pay.

Dodgers McCourt has empty seats to fill. They could use a superstar to promote in LaLa land.

Atlanta I doubt it. If they were still on TBS 'maybe'

Houston Owner has the money

Florida A lot depends on if the Marlins get their new stadium locked up. If they do they might try to bring A-Rod to his home city. Would certainly help with Hispanic fans.

I really can't see anybody else sniffing.

I really think the Cubs are the dark horse, primarily because of the Lou Pinnella connection.

If they secured 3.2M fans this last season with a glorified .500 team, imagine how many years they will secure sellouts with A-Rod?! Boras is marketing this contract with the expectation that A-Rod will replace Bonds as the all-time home run king. Barring injury, he's probably right so he will become the face of his new organization.

spawn
11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
If any team pays what he's asking, he'll be going straight to the bank.

Oblong
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
:supernana:

The Toledo Mud Hens have already made an offer:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/11/01/bc.bbm.a.rod.mudhens.ap/index.html

The best part is tha they told him he'd have to compete with Mike Hessman for 3B. Unless of course he's willing to switch positions.

eastchicagosoxfan
11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Dodgers or Angels. In L.A. he's just another celebrity, which I think will put the guy at ease.

doublem23
11-01-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.sfbike.org/images/resources/sf_logo.jpg

FarWestChicago
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.sfbike.org/images/resources/sf_logo.jpgThey are used to dealing with total jagbags. Heck, Pay-rod might be an improvement in the attitude department. :redneck

soxfanreggie
11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I am changing my vote to Toledo! :D:

palehozenychicty
11-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I think it'll come down to the Angels, Dodgers, and Giants, with the Dodgers edging out the Giants. They are primed to make position splashes now with Torre in tow.

munchman33
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Giants or Dodgers. Torre was told LA would sign Arod. But I think the Giants need him more, and will do everything possible, so they get my vote.

SBSoxFan
11-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Giants or Dodgers. Torre was told LA would sign Arod. But I think the Giants need him more, and will do everything possible, so they get my vote.

After the way Torre "supported" ARod in NY, why would ARod want to play for Torre? Maybe he's been told everything will be different without Jeter?

wdelaney72
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM
After the way Torre "supported" ARod in NY, why would ARod want to play for Torre? Maybe he's been told everything will be different without Jeter?

Yes, yes, and yes again... and don't think for a second that Rodriguez has forgotten about this. Not so much last year, but in 2006, the NY media absolutely torched Rodriguez on a daily basis and nobody in the Yankee organization stood up and defended him.

Oblong
11-02-2007, 12:00 PM

The Dodgers really need a new #8 hitter.

SBSoxFan
11-02-2007, 12:03 PM
The Dodgers really need a new #8 hitter.

:rolling:

Fenway
11-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Scott Boras wanted $350 million from Yanks for A-Rod (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/11/03/2007-11-03_scott_boras_wanted_350_million_from_yank.html)

To get their desired face-to-face meeting with Alex Rodriguez and his agent, the Yankees would have had to start the negotiations on a contract extension for the star third baseman with a guarantee of at least $350 million, Yankee sources say A-Rod's agent told them.

The more I think of it the Marlins may well be the joker in this. If baseball can be saved in South Florida, A-Rod is the player that can do it. It is his hometown.

If the Marlins can lock up the new stadium....investing $300 + in A-Rod may well pay for itself.