PDA

View Full Version : wow....

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:23 PM
i love kenny lofton......wooohoooo, what a ball player!

Paulwny
04-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Best $1 mil we've spent.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Best $1 mil we've spent.

oh hell yeah and i remember certain "einsteins" bitching about it, when we signed him....

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Best $1 mil we've spent.

so far hes worth 3 or 4 runs in this game alone.......

Dadawg_77
04-14-2002, 06:55 PM
If he keeps playing like this what do the Sox do next year? Resign him and create a massive log jam at OF or let him go and lose the table setter or resign him and trade a OF, read Lee, to make room for LTP. I love to think about problems like this.

bc2k
04-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
If he keeps playing like this what do the Sox do next year? Resign him and create a massive log jam at OF or let him go and lose the table setter or resign him and trade a OF, read Lee, to make room for LTP. I love to think about problems like this.

I was thinking the same thing Dadawg. Although I would rather see Lofton sandwiched between Carlos and Maggs instead of Maggs and LTP. The way Carlos is playing defense, how could we get rid of him. I was critical of him this past offseason, but he has become one of my favorite guys to watch this season. Where does that leave LTP? In the DH spot, and invoking Thomas' diminished skills clause and running him out of town. Maybe he could team with Canseco to form the Newark Bears bash brothers.

Dadawg_77
04-14-2002, 09:17 PM
No offence is ment by this but BC2K that might be one of stupidest post on the board. You just need to figure out how to get Frank back on, just timing thing and he is one of the top three hitters in the game. You just don't get rid of Frank, LTP might be good, but I wouldn't replace Frank with him.

duke of dorwood
04-14-2002, 09:27 PM
He just looks like such a superior player in all areas to those that come thru our system. He is a joy to watch and cheer for.

OfficerKarkovice
04-14-2002, 10:42 PM
No offence is ment by this but BC2K that might be one of stupidest post on the board. You just need to figure out how to get Frank back on, just timing thing and he is one of the top three hitters in the game. You just don't get rid of Frank, LTP might be good, but I wouldn't replace Frank with him.

It was right up there with his other post about pinch hitting for Ray and Frank with Leifer and Rowand today.

Nellie_Fox
04-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
i love kenny lofton......wooohoooo, what a ball player!
Hey, Bmr and I agree on something! However, in the same thread (and a couple of others) we once again have bc2k being ignorant. I'm convinced he's just a troll who somehow manages to stay just this side of being banned.

voodoochile
04-15-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Hey, Bmr and I agree on something! However, in the same thread (and a couple of others) we once again have bc2k being ignorant. I'm convinced he's just a troll who somehow manages to stay just this side of being banned.

bc2K certainly does know how to tick people off. You just know at the end of the year when Frank puts up the great numbers, he will be backpedaling like crazy - and if not, it will just prove your point...

Jerry_Manuel
04-15-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
It was right up there with his other post about pinch hitting for Ray and Frank with Leifer and Rowand today.

I would have sent Liefer up there for Ray, but that's just because I don't like Durham.

Spiff
04-15-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I would have sent Liefer up there for Ray, but that's just because I don't like Durham.

:ray

.325 (2nd on team) and .949 OPS (best on team) is not good enough for you?

SoxRulecubsdrool
04-15-2002, 09:21 AM

Hey, wait a minute! Don't forget about my stupid posts. I am usually not even trying to prove a point!
:gulp:

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

I was thinking the same thing Dadawg. Although I would rather see Lofton sandwiched between Carlos and Maggs instead of Maggs and LTP. The way Carlos is playing defense, how could we get rid of him. I was critical of him this past offseason, but he has become one of my favorite guys to watch this season. Where does that leave LTP? In the DH spot, and invoking Thomas' diminished skills clause and running him out of town. Maybe he could team with Canseco to form the Newark Bears bash brothers.

hmmm frank is one of the best hitters in the history of the game and you want to run him out of town? What does that say about your intelligence? :?:

doublem23
04-15-2002, 05:55 PM

hmmm frank is one of the best hitters in the history of the game and you want to run him out of town? What does that say about your intelligence? :?:

TWO in a row?

What has the world come to?

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

TWO in a row?

What has the world come to?

Dude, you agree with me more than you realize or are willing to admit. Hey by the way, i dont know if you like TOOL, but i bought their new cd, and its excellent!

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 06:12 PM

If Frank has another crappy season, I would be for running him out of town. He may be one of the best hitters in the history of the game but eventually most players have their end. I hope that he does not suck this year, but if he does, I would not mind saying bye bye.

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

If Frank has another crappy season, I would be for running him out of town. He may be one of the best hitters in the history of the game but eventually most players have their end. I hope that he does not suck this year, but if he does, I would not mind saying bye bye.

well i would have traded him a year ago but there is a difference between being traded and run out of town.....

rmusacch
04-15-2002, 06:15 PM

oh hell yeah and i remember certain "einsteins" bitching about it, when we signed him....

I was happy when we got Lofton. I think he is a great addition. We have only played 12 games, 7% of the season. He has been great and a catalyst for the whole offense. I will reserve judgement on him until he has played a little more games. Somebody brought up an excellent point last week. The Cincinnati Bengals were 2-0 after 2 games last year. That is comparable to 20 games in baseball. Think about that when thinking about what Kenny has done so far.

Bmr31
04-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I was happy when we got Lofton. I think he is a great addition. We have only played 12 games, 7% of the season. He has been great and a catalyst for the whole offense. I will reserve judgement on him until he has played a little more games. Somebody brought up an excellent point last week. The Cincinnati Bengals were 2-0 after 2 games last year. That is comparable to 20 games in baseball. Think about that when thinking about what Kenny has done so far.

hmmm you had me with ya all the way up to the end there......2-0 in football is nothing like 20-0 in baseball. How many teams go 150-12? As far as kenny, hes had many great season, and unless he gets injured, hes headed for a HUGE season....

RichH55
04-16-2002, 09:59 AM

hmmm you had me with ya all the way up to the end there......2-0 in football is nothing like 20-0 in baseball. How many teams go 150-12? As far as kenny, hes had many great season, and unless he gets injured, hes headed for a HUGE season....

Motivation will do wonders for a guys numbers