PDA

View Full Version : Make an offseason prediction

ChiSoxFan35
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I think the Mets will make some noise. They're also getting a new stadium, they have their own network, they can spend. Especially after the epic collapse.

I think they'll sign ARod and possibly trade for Santana with a deal centered around Jose Reyes

hi im skot
11-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I think the Mets will make some noise. They're also getting a new stadium, they have their own network, they can spend. Especially after the epic collapse.

I think they'll sign ARod and possibly trade for Santana with a deal centered around Jose Reyes

My prediction: ARod will never play in New York again.

getonbckthr
11-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Arod goes to Oakland.

drewcifer
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Arod goes to Oakland.

But what becomes of Beane's boy? His living proof of OBP and stats and moneyball? The guy he favored over Tejada?

I predict LA <insert Mascot name here>

Boondock Saint
11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
A Rod to San Francisco.

Domeshot17
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Arod goes to the Mets-David Wright moves to either 2b or LF (or First and Delgado is dealt) (Darkhorse though: If Torre goes to the Dodgers, Arod may follow)

Lowell goes to the Yankees

Crede goes to Boston for Crisp and Delcarmen

Santana is dealt to the DODGERS for a package of Scott Elbert-Matt Kemp-Clayton Kershaw-2 B specs(and in 2-3 years this will prove to NOT be a good thing for the White Sox).

(Dodgers go into the Season with a Rotation of Santana-Schmidt-Penny-Lowe-Billingsly)

Contreras is dealt to the Angels with Uribe and Anderson for Orlando Cabrera and Bootcheck

Sox lineup

1 Crisp LF
2 Cabrera SS
3 PK 1b
4 Thome DH
5 Dye RF
6 Hunter CF
7 Fields 3b
8 AJ C
9 Richar 2b

Rotation Buehrle Javy Garland Danks Floyd

Bullpen Jenks Thorton Wasserman Bootcheck Delcarmen Masset (who has a break career year) Macdougal (who bounces back for a solid not great year)

Bench Hall Ozuna Owens Graffanino (picked up in a trade for Aardsma)

HomeFish
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
My prediction: ARod will never play in New York again.

I predict A-Rod will play AT LEAST two games in New York next year.

Brian26
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Cabrera SS

What Cabrera do you know that plays SS?

gogosox16
11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
What Cabrera do you know that plays SS?

Orlando Cabrera of Angels

Brian26
11-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Orlando Cabrera of Angels

Ok. I was hoping he wasn't trying to move Melky or Miguel there. :D:

hi im skot
11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I predict A-Rod will play AT LEAST two games in New York next year.

Smartypants.

DumpJerry
11-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I predict ARod picks up the phone on Tuesday next week and tells Borass he wants to spend more time with his family.

After Borass drops dead from the heart attack, ARod calls Kenny and says for tax purposes he would accept a contract which is not over $1,000,000 per year to play for the White Sox for 10 years, none of which are guaranteed.

WhiteSox5187
11-02-2007, 01:45 AM
I predict ARod picks up the phone on Tuesday next week and tells Borass he wants to spend more time with his family.

After Borass drops dead from the heart attack, ARod calls Kenny and says for tax purposes he would accept a contract which is not over $1,000,000 per year to play for the White Sox for 10 years, none of which are guaranteed.
Yea...I can see that happening...

Frater Perdurabo
11-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Prediction? Here's something you can take to the bank:

Brian Anderson, Aaron Rowand, A-Rod, Boras, Greg Walker, the Cubs and Tribune propaganda will continue to be lightning rods of WSI debate.

I win the thread. :tongue:

WhiteSoxJunkie
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Miguel Cabrera gets traded to the Yankees.

russ99
11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Crede goes to Boston for Crisp and Delcarmen

Sox lineup

1 Crisp LF

What do you see in Coco Crisp that I don't?

I really don't think he's good enough to be a full time outfielder, much less A)trading Crede for him or B)counting him to bat leadoff. That's trading a blue-chip for a player who's 2+ years past his previous phenom status like that godawful Dye for Willy Mo deal that thankfully didn't go through.

When a player has been in the league at least 3 years and still hasn't put it all together, you can't assume he's just going to turn it on and be an All-Star.

Oh, and not to take this completely off topic:

1. Torii to the White Sox
2. Rowand to Houston
3. Andruw to Texas
4. Bonds to the Yankees
5. A-Rod to LA or Anaheim

TheVulture
11-02-2007, 01:27 PM
When a player has been in the league at least 3 years and still hasn't put it all together, you can't assume he's just going to turn it on and be an All-Star.

There's quite a gap between All-star and what the sox have been getting from LF/CF the last couple of years.

WLL1855
11-02-2007, 11:45 PM
What do you see in Coco Crisp that I don't?

I really don't think he's good enough to be a full time outfielder, much less A)trading Crede for him or B)counting him to bat leadoff. That's trading a blue-chip for a player who's 2+ years past his previous phenom status like that godawful Dye for Willy Mo deal that thankfully didn't go through.

Oh, and not to take this completely off topic:

1. Torii to the White Sox
2. Rowand to Houston
3. Andruw to Texas
4. Bonds to the Yankees
5. A-Rod to LA or Anaheim

A-Rod to the west coast could very well happen, but I suspect that Boras has finally bitten off more than he can chew and will be eating crow by the winter meetings. A $350 million offer just to talk? Go **** yourself!