PDA

View Full Version : Cabrera will be on the trade market

Sockinchisox
11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
This according to Gammons, from rotoworld:

Sources tell ESPN's Peter Gammons that Miguel Cabrera will be available on the trade market this winter.
With the Yankees and Red Sox both in need of a third baseman and the Dodgers, Angels, Phillies and Giants all willing to consider upgrades, the Marlins may figure this is their best chance for getting maximum value for Cabrera, who is two years away from free agency. The problem is that, with his weight up, Cabrera's defense has gone from mediocre to truly bad, and he'd make more sense as a first baseman right now. Both the Yankees and Red Sox have possibilities there as well, but they might not be willing to surrender as much talent to fill a hole that is easier plugged.
Source: ESPN Insider (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=gammons_peter)
Related: Red Sox (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=BOS), Yankees (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=NYY)

The Marlins should ask for the world for him.

DSpivack
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Who cares where he plays? He's the 2nd best hitter in the NL next to Pujols, and pretty comparable with Albert, at that.

The Marlins should ask the world for him, but not sure that's enough. They should re-sign Cabrera and trade Willis.

Boondock Saint
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't take him unless I could get a guarantee that he'd lose weight. He's got a ton of talent going to waste right now (no pun intended).

palehozenychicty
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't take him unless I could get a guarantee that he'd lose weight. He's got a ton of talent going to waste right now (no pun intended).

Indeed. He needs to stop hanging with Bartolo and Uribe during the offseason.

SBSoxFan
11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I'd rather have Ramirez.

DSpivack
11-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd rather have Ramirez.

Hanley is a nice player, better than Jose Reyes sure, but better than Cabrera? Seriously?

And yes, he should lose weight to improve defensively, but it doesn't seem to be affecting his hitting.

munchman33
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Hanley is a nice player, better than Jose Reyes sure, but better than Cabrera? Seriously?

He's a better fit for us.

Boondock Saint
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM

And yes, he should lose weight to improve defensively, but it doesn't seem to be affecting his hitting.

Oh, HANLEY Ramirez. I didn't even think of him. I thought he was talking about Aramis. Now THAT would have been absurd. And just for the record, I'd rather have Reyes.

DSpivack
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
He's a better fit for us.

One of the top 5 hitters in baseball is a good fit for any team.

I mean, sure, I'd like Hanley Ramirez or Jose Reyes or Carl Crawford, or heck why not even God? As long as we're talking pipe dreams might as well go all the way.

SBSoxFan
11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
One of the top 5 hitters in baseball is a good fit for any team.

I mean, sure, I'd like Hanley Ramirez or Jose Reyes or Carl Crawford, or heck why not even God? As long as we're talking pipe dreams might as well go all the way.

Can God hit or curve ball? :redneck

It sure would be nice to take care of the lead off spot and SS in one swoop. So I think either Ramirez or Reyes would be a better fit for the Sox. How far away are those guys from FA?

drewcifer
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
It sure would be nice to take care of the lead off spot and SS in one swoop. So I think either Ramirez or Reyes would be a better fit for the Sox. How far away are those guys from FA?

Neither is an FA until 2012.

VenturaFan23
11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Geez, aside from the 2 World Series wins, it's gotta be tough to be a Marlins fan

DSpivack
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Geez, aside from the 2 World Series wins, it's gotta be tough to be a Marlins fan

Miami is like the anti-Boston right now. The Dolphins are winless, the Marlins are dangling their best player, the U is struggling, the Heat have their best player out for a month or two, and the Panthers aren't off to a good start.