PDA

View Full Version : Ballgate 2007: Here we go again

Fenway
11-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Red Sox can't find World Series ball (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/11/01/the_old_hidden_ball_trick)

The ball. Where's the darned ball?

Here we go again.

We last saw the official championship souvenir in Jason Varitek's back pocket after the final out when the Red Sox wrapped up the World Series Sunday in Game 4 at Denver.
"I gave it to Pap [Jonathan Papelbon]," Varitek said yesterday. "It's out of my hands."

Efforts to reach Papelbon - who appeared last night on "The Late Show with David Letterman" - were unsuccessful, but his agent, Sam Levinson, told the Associated Press that the closer has no idea where the ball is.

D. TODD
11-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow, I'm at the point of saying WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This new Red Sox update everywhere is overkill, especially on this site. I mean congrats to Boston, but I don't recall having Cardinal updates on 24/7 every time one of players did anything after they won last year . Jeez, I can't wait for the next update on where the latest Red Sox player ate dinner at as a world champion.

Fenway
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Wow, I'm at the point of saying WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This new Red Sox update everywhere is overkill, especially on this site. I mean congrats to Boston, but I don't recall having Cardinal updates on 24/7 every time one of players did anything after they won last year . Jeez, I can't wait for the next update on where the latest Red Sox player ate dinner at as a world champion.

I am just pointing out after all the hulabaloo over the ball 3 years ago..it happened AGAIN.

I think it is hysterical.

IlliniSox4Life
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I am just pointing out after all the hulabaloo over the ball 3 years ago..it happened AGAIN.

I think it is hysterical.

Didn't they KNOW where it was, they just couldn't get it back?

D. TODD
11-01-2007, 11:32 AM

I think it is hysterical. I'm not ragging on you, it's just getting annoying to me . It seems like there is much more nit picking on all things Red Sox after this series then I recall for other series winners of late.

Irishsox1
11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Since the Red Sox have like a billion dollar payroll, just go out and buy a ball, scuff it up and call it the final out.

The poor man's Yankee's can't find there ball.....BORING!

itsnotrequired
11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Since the Red Sox have like a billion dollar payroll, just go out and buy a ball, scuff it up and call it the final out.

:rolling:

Fenway
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM

They selling World Series official balls for $30

The prices they are getting for World Series stuff is sick

$40 for the locker room hat???

http://www.thesouvenirstore.com/category.aspx?categoryID=298

thomas35forever
11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Follow the Boston Red Sox as they search for the final out of the 2007 World Series in a new reality series called "Final Out." Premiering this Thanksgiving on FOX!

chaerulez
11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm starting to think some of this stuff is either preplanned or made up to add to the Red Sox "lore". All I know is no one championship winning team has had final out ball issues like this in recent history. Makes me happy that we had PK who just simply took it and then gave it to JR.

Fungo
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Mientkiewicz is involved somehow.

I was so looking forward to Ballgate 2007.

mrfourni
11-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm starting to think some of this stuff is either preplanned or made up to add to the Red Sox "lore". All I know is no one championship winning team has had final out ball issues like this in recent history. Makes me happy that we had PK who just simply took it and then gave it to JR.

Paulie giving the ball to Jerry and his speech during the parade was the coolest parts of that day, especially after he re-signed. Except for Steve Perry of course.

thegooch
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Paulie giving the ball to Jerry and his speech during the parade was the coolest parts of that day, especially after he re-signed. Except for Steve Perry of course.

I bet Mike Lowell has it. He's looking for a new contract just like Paulie was in 05.

Foulke You
11-01-2007, 01:56 PM
My message to the posters who constantly complain about reading Red Sox related articles or stories in "Talking Baseball" is, DON'T READ THEM. If you only want to read about the White Sox, then stick to the Sox Clubhouse. I'm not singling you out here D TODD, you are far from the only offender of this. I realize the Red Sox stuff can get old but nobody is forcing you to read the articles. Talking Baseball is a forum for the goings on around baseball which includes Boston. Fenway is a Red Sox fan and lives in Boston so he is going to post a lot of Red Sox stuff. Oblong is a Tigers fan, so a lot of the stuff he posts in Talking Baseball are Tigers related. So on and so forth...

Artoo
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Follow the Boston Red Sox as they search for the final out of the 2007 World Series in a new reality series called "Final Out." Premiering this Thanksgiving on FOX!

:rolling:

DumpJerry
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM

http://www.thesouvenirstore.com/category.aspx?categoryID=298
:whiner::whiner::whiner::violin::violin:

Don't buy the stuff if the prices are so bad.

VenturaFan23
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM

You just now discovered this revelation? :D:

spawn
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow...you have to pay top dollar for souvenirs of your team winning the World Series. I wish I had that problem...:rolleyes:

soxinem1
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I admit, I have it!!!

VenturaFan23
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I admit, I have it!!!

http://www.videoservicecorp.com/images/sandlot.jpg

"No, we used it, but now it's in the beast's yard!"

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
That was the classiest move ever. Paulie is one of the classiest players in MLB.

Oblong
11-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Larry Lucchino knows where the ball is. He is just making this stuff up. He's a marketing whore and soon there'll be a story that the ball got mixed up with some of the souveneir balls. There'll be a Willie Wonka style contest to see which kid will open up his 2007 WS ball for Christmas and find it.