PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Soxogram

sox_fan_4life
04-14-2002, 12:32 PM
As far as I am concerned signing Loftin may be the best move KW made so far as Sox GM. He is the leadoff spark the Sox have been missing the last few years. Durham is a fine player, but how many times has he stolen both second and third in the same AB?

RedPinStripes
04-14-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life
As far as I am concerned signing Loftin may be the best move KW made so far as Sox GM. He is the leadoff spark the Sox have been missing the last few years. Durham is a fine player, but how many times has he stolen both second and third in the same AB?

This proves how bad ray was as a leadoff man.

sox_fan_4life
04-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I thought that, buut a lot of people here like Ray so I didn't say it.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Can't it prove how good Lofton is? Durham wasn't a prototypical leadoff guy, but he wasn't one of the worst either....being a lead off hitter isnt a zero sum game

Kilroy
04-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Can't it prove how good Lofton is? Durham wasn't a prototypical leadoff guy, but he wasn't one of the worst either....being a lead off hitter isnt a zero sum game

Of course it does, but many Sox fans only see the empty half of the glass. Lofton has been a great player for his entire career not counting the injury plagued season last year. Stealing bases isn't just about speed either. It's about instinct and experience as well.

We hated Lofton when he was on Cleveland for the same reasons that we love him now. He's a damn good ball player.

Iwritecode
04-15-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
We hated Lofton when he was on Cleveland for the same reasons that we love him now. He's a damn good ball player.

Agreed.

I still remember him giving us fits when we faced Cleveland. It's no wonder they always had such a tough lineup. I love seeing him in a Sox uni giving the other team fits though. :D:

BTW, with all the stolen bases he's racking up so far I keep getting a certain quote stuck in my head.

"I bought a hundred of these. One for every base I'm gonna steal."
- Willie "Mays" Hays.