PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cameron busted again for banned stimulant

soxinem1
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10443407

Looks like whoever signs him will lose him for 25 games right off the bat....

itsnotrequired
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10443407

Looks like whoever signs him will lose him for 25 games right off the bat....

Go get 'em, KW!

Gammons Peter
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
that will drive his axing price down.

say hello to our new CFer

russ99
10-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeouch. That happened at a very bad time for Cameron. Still, these guys should know by now to ensure their supplements are legal.

Not sure if the Sox still would be interested, but someone's gonna pick him up cheap. Maybe one of the losers in the Andruw, Torii, Rowand bidding will get him, and I don't expect the Sox to be one of them.

Foulke You
10-31-2007, 01:44 PM
I look for Cameron to sign a 1 yr deal on the cheap so he can cash in next year when the CF market is less crowded and he doesn't have a suspension hanging over him.

chisoxmike
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
I look for Cameron to sign a 1 yr deal on the cheap so he can cash in next year when the CF market is less crowded and he doesn't have a suspension hanging over him.

:KW
"A cheap, one-year deal for a guy who has something to prove?!? Who and where?"

wassagstdu
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Tainted supplement? What a surprise. Except this is his second positive test. Too bad the tainted supplement is all used up so his story can't be verified. Was it all used up after the first positive test too? Give me a break.

FarWestChicago
10-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Big deal. Everybody is doing it. We should all respect his accomplishments.

Brian26
10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
that will drive his axing price down.

Whoa :?:

white sox bill
11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Don't put this past KW, he may be thinking "SIgn Cameron, he won't play the entire month of April, insert one of the prospects (Sweeney,Owens etc) during that time, and if they flop, theres always Mike in May"

Foulke You
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Don't put this past KW, he may be thinking "SIgn Cameron, he won't play the entire month of April, insert one of the prospects (Sweeney,Owens etc) during that time, and if they flop, theres always Mike in May"
The only problem with that is that we need to get off to a good start in '08. 25 games is almost an entire month of the season where you'll have a big hole in your lineup. The other end of the spectrum is if Sweeney or Owens get off to a hot start and is hitting .325, then what do you do with Cameron? Cameron's situation is intriguing because his price may drop but I think I'll pass. I want someone new in CF on Opening Day, not May 1st.

white sox bill
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
The only problem with that is that we need to get off to a good start in '08. 25 games is almost an entire month of the season where you'll have a big hole in your lineup. The other end of the spectrum is if Sweeney or Owens get off to a hot start and is hitting .325, then what do you do with Cameron? Cameron's situation is intriguing because his price may drop but I think I'll pass. I want someone new in CF on Opening Day, not May 1st.

Yea that crossed my mind, I don't know, maybe platoon them? It would be a nice problem to have though. I've always kinda like him, the hot and cold player he is. Can't recall who we got for Cameron, I wanna say PK but then I may be totally off. Anyone remember?

Foulke You
11-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Yea that crossed my mind, I don't know, maybe platoon them? It would be a nice problem to have though. I've always kinda like him, the hot and cold player he is. Can't recall who we got for Cameron, I wanna say PK but then I may be totally off. Anyone remember?
You are correct. We traded Cameron to the Reds for a young Paul Konerko. I liked Cameron a lot when he was here but I'd say it worked out.:D:

http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20051130/wkoner30/1konerko.jpg

soxinem1
11-02-2007, 09:35 AM
You are correct. We traded Cameron to the Reds for a young Paul Konerko. I liked Cameron a lot when he was here but I'd say it worked out.:D:

http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20051130/wkoner30/1konerko.jpg

Agreed. The last thing we need is to add another 150K's to the lineup.

SBSoxFan
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Agreed. The last thing we need is to add another 150K's to the lineup.

Agreed too. He's aweful and I can't understand how he's even a possibility. The guy hit .229 in his time with the Sox, .251 for his career. He's also 34 years old.

I'd say that trade was a steal for the Sox!