PDA

View Full Version : Will The Sox Open JR's Checkbook To Sign A CF 2B AND SS?

Thome25
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
What about Eckstein, Hunter Or Rowand, and Luis Castillo? Or any other CF SS AND 2B upgrades?

What do you think the odds are the Sox fill holes at all three positions?

Tragg
10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Uribe's better than Eckstein but an upgrade would be nice.

WE don't need a 2b

WE need a CF badly

Another hitter would help a lot too.

chisoxmike
10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Well, if they want to contend next year, they MUST take care of the bullpen first. Center field would be project #2, you can't have Jerry Owens out there.

It seems that the Sox are content with Fields in left and Richar at second. Ok. Fine.

But short stop is also in need of improvement, but NOTHING is more important than the bullpen and center field.

DumpJerry
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Low. Richar is our 2b guy and it looks like Uribe is around next year. My gut tells me Hunter will be in Center and I would love for Rivera to be Jenks' Setup Guy.

DumpJerry
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
It seems that the Sox are content with Fields in left and Richar at second. Ok. Fine.
They aren't. I've read recent comments that his legs got tired from playing there, so the team is looking to keep him in the infield.

Thome25
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Low. Richar is our 2b guy and it looks like Uribe is around next year. My gut tells me Hunter will be in Center and I would love for Rivera to be Jenks' Setup Guy.

Would Rivera want to be a setup guy? Or do you think he'll want to sign with a team where he can be THE guy and close games?

WhiteSox5187
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't think that it is urgent to get a replacement for Richar, I still think the kid has potential. THe bullpen needs help right away, obviously and Owens is not the answer in center and at the leadoff spot (though maybe he could play left and bat nine?). Uribe has no buisness on this team. He has a better arm than Eckstein, but that's it. Eckstein is all around the better ballplayer.

DumpJerry
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Would Rivera want to be a setup guy? Or do you think he'll want to sign with a team where he can be THE guy and close games?
Rivera knows his days as a closer are getting behind him.

chisoxmike
They aren't. I've read recent comments that his legs got tired from playing there, so the team is looking to keep him in the infield.

His ****ing legs got tired??????

Thome25
I don't think that it is urgent to get a replacement for Richar, I still think the kid has potential. THe bullpen needs help right away, obviously and Owens is not the answer in center and at the leadoff spot (though maybe he could play left and bat nine?). Uribe has no buisness on this team. He has a better arm than Eckstein, but that's it. Eckstein is all around the better ballplayer.

In an ideal world, Richar would come off the bench. Can he play anywhere else other than 2B?

DumpJerry
That's what I read. Wish I remember where.

Tragg
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't think that it is urgent to get a replacement for Richar, I still think the kid has potential. .
His defense was very good. He only played a couple of months, always mired at the bottom of the order with no plate protection and he showed a little pop (a 20 HR or so pace)
We can't replace every young player with some medicore veteran, or we'll never get anywhere.

Thome25
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
His defense was very good. He only played a couple of months, always mired at the bottom of the order with no plate protection and he showed a little pop (a 20 HR or so pace)
We can't replace every young player with some medicore veteran, or we'll never get anywhere.

True. I wish we could go the same route the Indians and even the Red Sox have taken with the Sizemores, Hafners, and Martinezes and even Pedroia and Ellsbury.

But, honestly does Richar look like he has the same type of potential as these guys?

peeonwrigley
10-30-2007, 11:19 PM
:rolling:

DumpJerry
10-30-2007, 11:22 PM
True. I wish we could go the same route the Indians and even the Red Sox have taken with the Sizemores, Hafners, and Martinezes and even Pedroia and Ellsbury.

But, honestly does Richar look like he has the same type of potential as these guys?
As a hitter, yes. I like his glove already. KW knew what he was doing when he obtained him.

upperdeckusc
10-30-2007, 11:24 PM

or, i dunno, get in better shape?

Hitmen77
10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
I would like to see the Sox fill 2 bullpen spots with proven MLB talent (and not of the Mike Myers/washed up variety). Also, they need to land one of the free agent CFs.

Ideally, I'd love to see them upgrade at SS. But, their choices are limited and they may be stuck with Uribe again for next year:(:. If they keep Uribe, I'd like them to go out and get a proven 2B. I'm willing to have them go with Richar as our 2B and see how he progresses if he's the biggest question mark in the lineup. If Uribe returns, I don't want the possibility of 2 guys in our lineup floating around .200 next year. In that case, I'd like to see an established 2B on our team to go with Uribe.

My understanding is that Fields was hampered by some sort of leg injury (hamstring?) that happened to him while he was at AAA, but was bothering him all season. At the end of the season, they wanted him to rest and let his injury heal. I don't have a link - that's just what I thought I remember reading...so I may be wrong about that.

Rivera knows his days as a closer are getting behind him.

What is the deal with Rivera? Are the Yankees not looking to re-sign him. He'll be 38 next month. How did he do with them in '07?

soxfan13
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM

Have to agree with you on this you beat me to it. Its not like hes running a marathon out there. Dump i think you might have misread whatever you read.

jenn2080
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM

:rolling:

The Sox will get a CF and bullpen. Uribe will be staying.