PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this trade

Rockabilly
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Crede to the Yankees for Johnny Damon and cash

I would love to see Damon as our leadoff hitter than KW go out and get Crawford to bat 2nd than spend our off season money on the bullpen by signing Cordero and another top reliever

hi im skot
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
No. Enough of this picking up a formerly-solid player past his prime business. Maybe we can bring back the Alomars, too.

You really think it's that easy to then just go pick up Crawford? No way.

DumpJerry
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
No.

Gosox1917
10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I say yes. And I'll give a reason, too!

We already have a third basemen that I feel comfortable with in Josh Fields. I know he's not as graceful defensively, but he has only about a half a year of MLB experience under his belt. He can and will improve.

We also have no legit centerfielder. I know Damon throws like a five year old girl but he's a legit leadoff player and can play the outfield. We could also go after Torii or Rowand or Jones and move Damon to left.

I'd say do it up...yes.

10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
and here they come...

No. You go after Melky Cabrera. The Yankees need a third baseman and the White Sox potentially have one available which puts them in a position of strength, in my opinion. Can it be done? Crede+???

Thoughts???

eastchicagosoxfan
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Damon will be 34 next year. Hardly over the hill, but he's not a longterm solution. Maybe there doesn't have to be a longterm solution? Crede will be 30 next year, coming off of back surgery. It's an intriguing trade possibility. I think Damon will decline quickly, especially when he's not in the Yankee's line up. No.

Sargeant79
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
and here they come...

No. You go after Melky Cabrera. The Yankees need a third baseman and the White Sox potentially have one available which puts them in a position of strength, in my opinion. Can it be done? Crede+???

Thoughts???

That's a much better idea.

No thanks on Damon. I'd rather have Jerry Owens out there than Damon...same noodle arm but much better range and many millions cheaper.

thomas35forever
10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
No. We don't need Damon. I'd much rather work on a new contract for Crede.

veeter
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
No. We don't need Damon. I'd much rather work on a new contract for Crede.I just hit the Jim Cramer 'Mad Money' HALLELUJAH button. Brilliant my friend. We won't realize how huge Joe is to this team until he's gone. Let's keep him. As for Damon, *****.

gr8mexico
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
What about if the White Sox made an offer of Josh Fields for Robinson Cano?
Im not sure if the Yankees would consider but I would think is a win win for both teams

sox1970
10-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Crede for Crisp and Delcarmen if they don't get Rowand or Hunter. And obviously this would mean only if Lowell leaves Boston.

A. Cavatica
10-30-2007, 07:24 PM
The Yanks wouldn't want Fields, but they might very well want Crede.

We'd have to get someone else back besides Damon, though. He's a left fielder and not a particularly good one at this point.

munchman33
10-30-2007, 07:28 PM
and here they come...

Thoughts???

The Yankees aren't giving up Cabrera for Joe Crede when a comparable player who is less of an injury risk (Lowell) is a free agent. They could sign him and keep Cabrera.

10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
The Yankees aren't giving up Cabrera for Joe Crede when a comparable player who is less of an injury risk (Lowell) is a free agent. They could sign him and keep Cabrera.

What about when Lowell is off the market? The Red Sox say they have every intantion of keeping him...

Brian26
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM

I'd like to keep Crede, both for his bat and glove.

munchman33
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
What about when Lowell is off the market? The Red Sox say they have every intantion of keeping him...

I doubt they'll make a better offer. And Lowell doesn't strike me as the "hometown discount" type.

skobabe8
10-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Original trade idea = NO.

Grzegorz
10-30-2007, 08:22 PM
No.

Tragg
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Enough of this picking up a formerly-solid player past his prime business.

Amen

Crede, if we want to trade him, actually has some value.
I hope we keep him and play Fields at backup 1B, 3B and outfield - that would be a better bench than we've had in years. Eventually, Fields will slide into a spot.

getonbckthr
10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
They want Crede or Fields it will take either "Baby Jenks" Chamberlain or Hughes.

Domeshot17
10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
(1) Crede has Boras for an agent, its about 15% that he stays beyond 08

(2) This idea is horrible

(3) The Yanks won't do Cabrera for Crede

(4) Who would trade Rockabilly for Damon?

10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
(3) The Yanks won't do Cabrera for Crede

If the NYY are in need of a third baseman, I could not see why they wouldn't at least entertain the idea. Crede+???

Lip Man 1
10-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I understand from aired reports this evening the Yankees are also going to try to pry Miguel Cabrera away from the Marlins.

Lip

cws05champ
10-31-2007, 10:50 PM
and here they come...

Thoughts???

Crede + Garland for M. Cabrera, Ian Kennedy?

hi im skot
11-01-2007, 08:39 AM

I've gotta stay out of WTS? until April.

drewcifer
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM

I would love to see Damon as our leadoff hitter than KW go out and get Crawford to bat 2nd than spend our off season money on the bullpen by signing Cordero and another top reliever

No thanks on Damon. For Crede, I'd like to see Cabrera and they need to throw one of those young arms in there too. Joe is a $5M/yr 3B right now and is undervalued at that. He got a big raise to be shelved and have is back fixed. Melky is only making $500K.

I doubt they'd throw in one of Kennedy, Hughes, or Chamberlain, but what about the young BP guy they have.. Brian Bruney (sp?)

That would help to fill a few holes.

spawn
11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Original trade idea = NO.
HELL no.

drewcifer
11-01-2007, 09:20 AM

That's a huge payroll dump. Planning on buying A-Rod after/during that trade?

cws05champ
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
That's a huge payroll dump. Planning on buying A-Rod after/during that trade?

Sure...why not, You take out Garland's 11-12 mil and Uribe's 3-5 mil and you may start to talk about getting in the ballpark. I really think if a deal like that went down, the Yanks would have to throw in more than just those two.

chisox77
11-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Crede for Damon? No way.

Sign Torii Hunter (more power, much better arm, more RBIs, a few years younger, solves CF problem for at least four years).

I would want to keep Crede, but if not, use his trade value to bring in needed pitching, or another position where the Sox are vulnerable (SS).

Foulke You
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I like Johnny Damon but he seems to be aging quickly. He is still a quality player and leadoff man but he has really been slowed by injuries and doesn't seem to have the speed or range he once had. 4 years ago, I'd do that trade but unless NYY is willing to pay most of Damon's bloated contract, I'll pass.

wdelaney72
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I doubt they'll make a better offer. And Lowell doesn't strike me as the "hometown discount" type.

Think again. He signed an extension while a member of the Marlins... an extension that was defnitely lower than what he could have made as a FA.

Lowell will stay in Boston.

ChiSoxFan35
11-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Damon is only effective for the Yankees in left or as DH

soxinem1
11-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Think again. He signed an extension while a member of the Marlins... an extension that was defnitely lower than what he could have made as a FA.

Lowell will stay in Boston.

Either he stays in BOs or gets lulled by mega-millions from the NYY.