PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Clown College strikes again

Fenway
10-30-2007, 01:41 PM
:?:

The relationship between ESPN and Bud (Nutty Professor) Selig's crack TV committee has had its share of problems.

Baseball stoolies say the Washington Nationals want to showcase their new stadium on ESPN's Sunday night 2008 opener in a game with the Mets (remember them?).

MLB is trying to make this happen, but is getting resistance from the faculty of Bristol Clown Community.

This probably has something to do with ESPN wanting to keep its ratings lock with the the Yankees or Red Sox.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2007/10/28/2007-10-28_msg_announcers_take_shots_at_isiah_but_g.html

MUsoxfan
10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Hasn't it been recent tradition to let the defending champs open at home on the Sunday night game?

Fenway
10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Hasn't it been recent tradition to let the defending champs open at home on the Sunday night game?

We opening the season on ESPN on March 22nd in Toyko :?:

MUsoxfan
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh, that slipped my mind

Fenway
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, that slipped my mind

The Red Sox STILL haven't said they are going but everybody in MLB says they are.

Oakland and Boston have yet to post a schedule but those are the 2 teams MLB says are going.

As I said earlier Boston's price for going is the 2012 All Star Game which Selig has agreed to but Theo still does not want to go.

32nd&Wallace
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
The Red Sox STILL haven't said they are going but everybody in MLB says they are.

Oakland and Boston have yet to post a schedule but those are the 2 teams MLB says are going.

As I said earlier Boston's price for going is the 2012 All Star Game which Selig has agreed to but Theo still does not want to go.Hmmm, has a city gone that quick in between All-Star games - 13 years???

mrfourni
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Hmmm, has a city gone that quick in between All-Star games - 13 years???

I realize its totally different but Chicago went 13 years between 1990 (Wrigley) and 2003 (U.S. Cell), as well as 7 years between 1983 and 1990.

Fenway
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM

2012 will be the 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park which they will exploit for every last sheckle.

Foulke You
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
In 1994, Pittsburgh hosted the all star game at Three Rivers Stadium and then again in 2006 at PNC Park for a 12 year turnaround.

gf2020
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
:?:

The relationship between ESPN and Bud (Nutty Professor) Selig's crack TV committee has had its share of problems.

Baseball stoolies say the Washington Nationals want to showcase their new stadium on ESPN's Sunday night 2008 opener in a game with the Mets (remember them?).

MLB is trying to make this happen, but is getting resistance from the faculty of Bristol Clown Community.

This probably has something to do with ESPN wanting to keep its ratings lock with the the Yankees or Red Sox.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2007/10/28/2007-10-28_msg_announcers_take_shots_at_isiah_but_g.html

I really don't have a problem with ESPN here. Why should the Washington Nationals get to open the season? I'd be much more interested in watching a Red Sox or Yankees or Rockies or Cardinals or Braves or basically any other team than the Nationals to open up the season.

MUsoxfan
10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I really don't have a problem with ESPN here. Why should the Washington Nationals get to open the season? I'd be much more interested in watching a Red Sox or Yankees or Rockies or Cardinals or Braves or basically any other team than the Nationals to open up the season.

I kinda disagree. The good teams will (hopefully) get their due exposure throughout the year. I think that ESPN should do all they can to show less exposed teams at the beginning of the year when everyone is equal.

Fenway
10-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I think it would be cool to see the first game in a brand new park

You KNOW they will cover the first game in the new Yankee Stadium in 2009

PKalltheway
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Let the Nasty Nats get their day in the sun. They probably won't have another nationally televised game for the rest of the season. They're opening against the Mets too, so the game isn't a complete bore (if they were opening against the Marlins or Pirates, that would be a different story). Besides, the good teams will get enough coverage and nationally televised games as the season goes on anyway...

Irishsox1
10-31-2007, 11:33 AM
What about an All-Star game in Tampa?

Oh, I cracked myself up with that one.

Fenway
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Bristol Clown College has done it again.

They have put Rutgers-UConn on ESPN U which is fine except nobody who has Comcast in Connecticut or New Jersey can see the damn game.

pierzynski07
10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
If I run a network that has exclusive rights to broadcast the season's opening game, I'd want it to be between two good teams.

chisox77
10-31-2007, 09:30 PM
ESPN increased its coverage of Rutgers football games for two reasons:

1. They are good now

2. Proud Rutgers alumn Tony Soprano, along with his crew, will visit the ESPN studios for a "collection" if coverage slips at any point.