PDA

View Full Version : News Out Of Chicago?

infohawk
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
From a post on Baseball Prospetus:
Is there more pent-up news ready to break after the World Series embargo? Thereís definitely rumblings. Iím expecting news in St. Louis and Chicago as soon as Tuesday.

Wonder what this "pent-up news" could be about? I put this in "Talking Baseball" because, after all, there are two Chicago MLB franchises -- even though only one is legit. :tongue:

34 Inch Stick
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
If pent up is a play on bullpen needs then I would think it would be the White Sox.

RowanDye
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Well...the Sox signing Eckstein would fulfill both of those predictions.

itsnotrequired
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Well...the Sox signing Eckstein would fulfill both of those predictions.

Eckstein isn't allowed to talk to any clubs right now (other than the Cardinals).

upperdeckusc
10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Eckstein isn't allowed to talk to any clubs right now (other than the Cardinals).

is that cuz he hasn't officially "filed for free agency" yet??

Discinfool23
10-30-2007, 09:41 AM
After filing for Free Agency, the players team has an exclusive 15 day window to talk to that player. He can only talk to the Cardinals for 15 days after filing.

itsnotrequired
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
is that cuz he hasn't officially "filed for free agency" yet??

Eckstein has officially filed for FA.

After filing for Free Agency, the players team has an exclusive 15 day window to talk to that player. He can only talk to the Cardinals for 15 days after filing.

Actually, a player can only talk to his team for up to 15 days after the WS ends, regardless of when he files. So if a player files on the 14th day, the team only has one day to work with him.

upperdeckusc
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
so we're looking around november 12th-ish before anyone free agents can talk with other teams........got'cha. hmmmm, then what's this news BP is speaking of.....? hopefully a decline of everyone on the sox with options. or a trade of brian anderson for adam wainwright.

voodoochile
10-30-2007, 09:53 AM
From a post on Baseball Prospetus:Is there more pent-up news ready to break after the World Series embargo? Thereís definitely rumblings. Iím expecting news in St. Louis and Chicago as soon as Tuesday.
Wonder what this "pent-up news" could be about? I put this in "Talking Baseball" because, after all, there are two Chicago MLB franchises -- even though only one is legit. :tongue:

And I moved it to WTS because:
There are two Chicago baseball teams and any thread that mentions the flubbies goes here
It's a rumor thread with no actual substance to it at this time and one that is entirely vague on specifics. Those types of threads go here too.
It's a rumor thread started by BP. Their notorious throw something at the wall and hope it sticks approach to all things baseball tends to get their threads moved here too.What's that old saying? "1-2-3 strikes, he gone!" Seems to apply well to this thread wouldn't you say? :tongue:

spiffie
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM

There are two Chicago baseball teams and any thread that mentions the flubbies goes here
It's a rumor thread with no actual substance to it at this time and one that is entirely vague on specifics. Those types of threads go here too.
It's a rumor thread started by BP. Their notorious throw something at the wall and hope it sticks approach to all things baseball tends to get their threads moved here too.What's that old saying? "1-2-3 strikes, he gone!" Seems to apply well to this thread wouldn't you say? :tongue:
It involves the Cubs and BP. Sounds like ****house material to me :D:

upperdeckusc
10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
From a post on Baseball Prospetus:Is there more pent-up news ready to break after the World Series embargo? Thereís definitely rumblings. Iím expecting news in St. Louis and Chicago as soon as Tuesday.

which one of the guys on there posted it? i couldnt find it.

infohawk
10-30-2007, 01:01 PM
No problem on moving the thread. The only thing I knew for certain was that it didn't belong in the Clubhouse! Anyway, here is a link to the BP post in response to the person who asked about where on their site it came from. It's just a mention at the bottom of the post...and it was Will Carroll.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=650

rdivaldi
10-30-2007, 01:10 PM
If BP says it, it must be true...

Frater Perdurabo
10-30-2007, 08:23 PM

Voodoo, what if a thread is started that starts with a BP rumor of a deal between the Sox and Cubs, and it's soon picked up or confirmed by other media outlets, and then that deal actually happens? Does it go from WTS to the Clubhouse?
:tongue:

WSox73
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM

I just heard per the score that Rick Hahn took himself out of consideration for the STC GM job and will stay with the Sox. Could that be it? :?:

FarWestChicago
10-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Voodoo, what if a thread is started that starts with a BP rumor of a deal between the Sox and Cubs, and it's soon picked up or confirmed by other media outlets, and then that deal actually happens? Does it go from WTS to the Clubhouse?
:tongue:If a rumor of a Sox trade with another team goes real, it can go back to the Clubhouse. If the trade involves the Flubs it stays here no matter what.

Scottiehaswheels
10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I just heard per the score that Rick Hahn took himself out of consideration for the STC GM job and will stay with the Sox. Could that be it? :?:Really? Isn't he the guy Jerry uses to talk with Boras?

southside rocks
10-31-2007, 08:54 AM
Really? Isn't he the guy Jerry uses to talk with Boras?

Yes.