PDA

View Full Version : na na na na

mike squires
04-14-2002, 12:33 AM
i know i mentioned this in my "my opening day experience" but how come nobody sings na na hey hey good bye anymore? nobody really responded. the only time the crowd really sings it is when opposing pitchers get pulled (and sometimes only a few sing it.) i remember the playoffs against seattle when the games were close everybody sang it, nothing sounds more beautiful. we need to bring the tradition back and sing it when we hit a dinger and when we win. pretty soon nancy it going to quit playing it.

i FINALLY received my whitesox vouchers for attending sox fest in feb. i am angered to find i can only use them tues thru thursday and they are in the upper deck reserved. :angry: you can upgrade them but there's a cost. and they said 4 vouchers with the hotel package i only received 2.

i'm really a nice easy going guy, really... but it pisses me off to constantly see the sox managment/promotions snub their fans.

michael penny

voodoochile
04-14-2002, 12:49 AM
You should contact the Sox. I know they would want to know if you feel you have been mislead. Maybe it is an honest mistake. I suspect you will have to take the UDR seats, but if the number is wrong, they should rectify it...

doublem23
04-14-2002, 02:00 AM
Well, I can olny remember being a Sox fan for about a decade now, but I was always under the impression that we only sang "Na Na Na Na..." after an opposing pitcher was pulled, so don't blame me! :smile:

MarqSox
04-14-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, I can olny remember being a Sox fan for about a decade now, but I was always under the impression that we only sang "Na Na Na Na..." after an opposing pitcher was pulled, so don't blame me! :smile:

I think he means after the game. I noticed that a lot of people just clapped after the final out at the game today, even when the music came on. I felt kind of dumb singing it alone.

But speaking of resurrecting forgotten traditions, how about Take Me Out to the Ballgame?? :angry: I know I defended God Bless America a few weeks ago, but actually being at the game today, I realized how ridiculous it is. I miss Take Me Out. After GBA was done, me and my buddies just started singing TMOTTB and by the end of the song, our entire section was singing along. Let's bring that back. Maybe if we can get the whole stadium singing TMO spontaneously, MLB will return to that tradition. How bout it?

OKCSoxFan
04-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Keep singing it until the All-Star game, then I bet you get your wish.

foulkesfan11
04-14-2002, 11:03 AM
I wish we'd sing take me out to the ballgame again! I'm sick of this God Bless America Crap. It happened, it was very sad, but move on please!

I'm going to today's game too. WE'll see what they sing!

MarqSox
04-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I wish we'd sing take me out to the ballgame again! I'm sick of this God Bless America Crap. It happened, it was very sad, but move on please!

I'm going to today's game too. WE'll see what they sing!

Right on FF11! Organize a Take Me Out, get that stadium singing the real patriotic song!