PDA

View Full Version : Mágglio Nervous About News Back Home?

Viva Magglio
04-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Since this issue is White Sox baseball-related in the sense of the effect on Mágglio Ordóńez's play, I posted it here instead of the Parking Lot.

Today, Mágglio Ordóńez certainly did not have one of his better games. In a prime scoring opportunity in the first inning, Mágglio hit into an inning-ending double play. In a similar situation in the eighth, Ordóńez struck out with before Paul Konerko ultimately delivered the game-winning RBI.

If you have been following the news, events in Mágglio's home country of Venezuela have been extremely tense during the past couple of days. A virtual military coup has ousted the leftist president Hugo Chávez. This evening, the interim president appointed by the military has resigned. While none of us know for sure, it would be quite understandable if Mágglio has more issues more important than baseball right now.

Let us all hope that things turn out okay for Venezuela and Mágglio.

Venezuela in Crisis (http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/americas/04/13/venezuela/index.html)

bc2k
04-13-2002, 11:10 PM
viva magglio, how do you attach those atildas and enyeas. Forgive the spelling.

Viva Magglio
04-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
viva magglio, how do you attach those atildas and enyeas. Forgive the spelling.

ń = Alt+154
ó = Alt+162
á = Alt+160

RichH55
04-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Certainly an interesting take.....Baseball players have been distracted by alot less......but Mags should be alright.....>Oil down there ensures stablity whatever the cost(or perhaps that could be worse)

Dadawg_77
04-15-2002, 12:19 PM
I just love the Bush's take on this, the military takes over for a day, and He basically says it served him (Chavez) right, next after Chavez takes power again Rice comes out and says hopefully he learned his lesson. God, got love our forgien policy.

Oil was one of the main reason for the politcal distress down there. Chavez basically created huge turn over in the stat ran oil company which led to strikes by oil workers and general strike across the country and political protest. None of the Venezuela's nieghbors beside the US would reconize the new(old as of now) one night government till elections were held. The US liked the take over becasue it sent crude oil prices lower, but when Chavez took over again, price went back up.

Hopefully Mags' familly down there is alright, and the situation calms down.

foulkesfan11
04-15-2002, 12:23 PM
All the best to Maggs & his family!

Paulwny
04-15-2002, 02:43 PM
I don't think there's much to worry about. Maggs was laughing about the > 20 bobble head dolls he was sending to his relatives in Ven. yesterday.

RichH55
04-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I don't think there's much to worry about. Maggs was laughing about the > 20 bobble head dolls he was sending to his relatives in Ven. yesterday.

And its a helluva bobblehead too :cool:

nut_stock
04-15-2002, 10:59 PM
I know Maggs has many relatives and friends in Venezuela, but at least he was able to move his immediate family to the states. They reside in Florida if I remember correctly.