PDA

View Full Version : Nice new feature on Baseball-reference.com

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:38 AM
http://minors.baseball-reference.com/

Minor league records going back 16 years. Salivate.

TDog
10-29-2007, 02:46 AM
When I was a kid, baseball cards had minor league records on them. I haven't seen the Baseball Register for years, but it had minor league records. I have missed them on Baseball-reference.com, and it will be nice to see some of them, even though they don't go back far enough to tell people that Walt "No-Neck" Williams broke in with Modesto in the early 1960s.

Huisj
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
When I was a kid, baseball cards had minor league records on them. I haven't seen the Baseball Register for years, but it had minor league records. I have missed them on Baseball-reference.com, and it will be nice to see some of them, even though they don't go back far enough to tell people that Walt "No-Neck" Williams broke in with Modesto in the early 1960s.

I have lots of Topps cards from the late 80s that still had some minor league stats on them for younger players who had only been around for a few years. That was when they were still made out of normal cardboard and didn't cost an arm an a leg. Then Upper Deck cards got popular with their glossy finish, hologram logo, and only one or two recent seasons worth of stats, and cards were never again the same. And I quit collecting them.

Uh oh, complaining about baseball cards. Have I become an old fart already?

FedEx227
10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I <3 baseball reference

I can get caught on that site for hours.