PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* World Series Game 4 -last game of season?

Fenway
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
World Series Game 4 > 7:29 p.m. (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/)
Storybook ending? (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/)

The Red Sox are one win away from their second World Series title in four years, and how appropriate it would be for Jon Lester to get them there.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/dingbat_popup_icon.gif GLOBE GRAPHIC: Game 4 at a glance (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/graphics/10_28_07_game_4)

Police brace for possible win (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/10/28/police_brace_for_possible_sox_win)

Boston police plan to clear the area around Fenway in the sixth inning tonight.

Red Sox take a 3-0 World Series lead (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/10/28/red_sox_now_just_one_win_away)

It would appear to be time for Mayor Menino to get the Duck Boats ready. Rolling Rally II should jam the streets this week. Dan Shaughnessy

oeo
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm thinking the Rockies pull this one out (in a high-scoring affair), and lose tomorrow.

MarySwiss
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Police brace for possible win (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/10/28/police_brace_for_possible_sox_win)

Boston police plan to clear the area around Fenway in the sixth inning tonight.

One thing that really makes me proud is that when my two favorite teams (White Sox and D'Backs) won the World Series, there was none of the crap that usually accompanies championships. In 2001, the D'Backs fans celebrated in a festive, yet orderly fashion (followed by a huge parade and rally), and in 2005, Sox fans did the same.

ChiSoxFan35
10-28-2007, 07:08 PM
I expect Col to win tonight and for it to end in 5

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Is anyone else's HD FOX cutting in and out?

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Is anyone else's HD FOX cutting in and out?

Don't watch the game if the HD is out.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Don't watch the game if the HD is out.

I hope an HD broadcast gets behind the wheel of a truck and runs you down.

:happybday

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM

Maybe it was the driver of that van that hit me last summer. I dented the van, I just got a bruised foot.

:party:

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Maybe it was the driver of that van that hit me last summer. I dented the van, I just got a bruised foot.

:party:

HD broadcasts will stop at nothing to silence your scorn. Word on the street.

MarySwiss
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Holy crap! SOMEBODY PLEASE SHUT JEANNIE ZELASKO UP, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Has anybody else noticed her resemblance to that of the late Martha Raye?

Edit: then again, Martha Raye had talent.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM

I think she does a fine job, along with being talented and beautiful.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
If the Red Sox win tonight, that will mark five of the seven 2007 post-season series as being sweeps. The Indians only let the Yankees win one game, or else it would have been six out of seven.

MarySwiss
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I think she does a fine job, along with being talented and beautiful.

Well, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As, apparently, is talent.

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
If the Red Sox win this series, which they most likely will, they better not EVER complain about a so called "curse" ever again.

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
1. As was noted on here several times during the 2005 World Series, Zelasco resembles a barnyard animal and is about as bright as one.
2. Looking at the Rockies fans tonight, I just want to give them a hug. They're going to be real depressed soon. The National League really should not play the American League in the World Series until they get their overall talent up to speed or the Tigers are in the World Series.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Fred Willard doing the starting lineups?

The World Series has jumped the shark, and armageddon is officially upon us.

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
If the Red Sox win this series, which they most likely will, they better not EVER complain about a so called "curse" ever again.
Was it my imagination, or did Fox talk about how beleaguered their fans are because of the long drought which ended in 2004? Or were they referring to the long drought of 2004-2007? It's time for Red Sox Neighborhood to get over the victim mentality.

MarySwiss
10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
2. Looking at the Rockies fans tonight, I just want to give them a hug. They're going to be real depressed soon.

Sad but true, Dump. I would love to see them come back and win this thing, but I wouldn't care to bet on it.

WSox73
10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
What is that music Fox plays going into breaks? :?:

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Fred Willard doing the starting lineups?

The World Series has jumped the shark, and armageddon is officially upon us.
I'm pretty disgusted with the whole manner in which the lineups are presented. I say it is Fox who jumped the Shark, except they've always been sell-outs. Just have the PBP guy tell us the lineup like how it's done during the regular season. We don't need this "Gift of God" approach to the lineup.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Ellsbury is a player. Give credit to Theo for not budging at the trade deadline this year.

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Listening to this crowd makes me think the game is at Fenway. I want to sell my Red Sox tickets next season soooooo much. I don't want to deal with their stupid cult.

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Listening to this crowd makes me think the game is at Fenway. I want to sell my Red Sox tickets next season soooooo much. I don't want to deal with their stupid cult.

As soon as the tickets come, they're going on sale.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM

chisoxmike will not be undersold

chisoxfanatic
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Jeannie Zelasko has as annoying a voice as Suzy Kohlberg, Gail Fischer, and Kerry Sayers. I wish July Swieca could be brought back to the sports world! :(:

I bet a lot of people are going to do that. My boyfriend even told me not to bother getting tickets for the series either...we have both determined that we can't go to these things together! We have TWO games in that series in our plan. The only way I'm subjecting myself to that series is if I can't sell it. I hope Red Sox Nation is very happy that they have become everything they loathe about the Yankees.

DSpivack
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not even bothering watching. I wish there was a sunday night game on NBC. Oh well.

Oblong
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
The first WS clincher I can remember watching was the 1979 PIrates and I haven't missed one since. But tonight is one I don't want to watch. Even as a Tiger fan this might suck more than last year. I am not sure yet.

chisoxfanatic
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm not even bothering watching. I wish there was a sunday night game on NBC. Oh well.

I don't watch much postseason baseball if the Sox aren't involved. I've only watched a grand total of maybe 8 innings this postseason. Center Ice has kept my attention during this month. It isn't important if the Sox aren't playing. :cool:

MarySwiss
10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Jeannie Zelasko has as annoying a voice as Suzy Kohlberg, Gail Fischer, and Kerry Sayers. I wish July Swieca could be brought back to the sports world! :(:

I bet a lot of people are going to do that. My boyfriend even told me not to bother getting tickets for the series either...we have both determined that we can't go to these things together! We have TWO games in that series in our plan. The only way I'm subjecting myself to that series is if I can't sell it. I hope Red Sox Nation is very happy that they have become everything they loathe about the Yankees.

I'd think so, Heather. If these people are going to be jerks, why not make money off them? After all, it's better than having to listen to their endless bull****.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Good grief, the Rockies are really pressing.

LongLiveFisk
10-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I'd think so, Heather. If these people are going to be jerks, why not make money off them? After all, it's better than having to listen to their endless bull****.

True, but I shudder to think if all White Sox fans think like this, the entire Cell will be Red Sox fans during that series next year.

Scary! :o:

chisoxfanatic
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
True, but I shudder to think if all White Sox fans think like this, the entire Cell will be Red Sox fans during that series next year.

Scary! :o:

It probably will be; but, it would be cool to be up five or six hundred bucks for the two games! :cool:

ChiSoxFan35
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Don't be hypocrites, I saw a post on following the Sox on the road here. I remember away games at Cincinatti or Colorado where the Sox factor was loud and clear. Blame your fellow fans, get your butt to the games, the last game of the year felt like an away game as I was surrounded by Det fans, which was worse because the Bears were playing the Lions and choked that game away too.

Plus, how would you react to another team doing the Journey angle, or the AllStar game on air voting campaigns. It's fun for our team, blame the media for doing what they did to this Red Sox monster, but I don't see what the fans actively do to 'not become the Yankees' or anything like that.

My HD is also out

I also don't like Jeanie Zilasko. It's like she tries to rhyme or be clever with everything, just annoying, also I don't need any of that video montage stuff, I learn nothing in pregame, just start the game, the game starts late enough not including the pregame. About 2 or 3 times they said 'baseball next!' and then lied about it.

fquaye149
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM

As long as the HD broadcast doesn't park his truck in front of your neighbor's house while you're recovering from your injury....

DickAllen72
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Sad but true, Dump. I would love to see them come back and win this thing, but I wouldn't care to bet on it.
The sooner this ends, the sooner KW and the White Sox get to start building the 2008 World Champion roster.

FarWestChicago
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
The first WS clincher I can remember watching was the 1979 PIrates and I haven't missed one since. But tonight is one I don't want to watch. Even as a Tiger fan this might suck more than last year. I am not sure yet.Obs, this has got to be killing you. This is exactly what an AL team is supposed to do to the AAAA teams the NL sends to the Series. You're one of my favorite posters. I'm not saying this to dog you. But, the Tigers getting beat by the horrible Cards last year is still hard to fathom. What the hell happened to the Tigers last year?

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
The first WS clincher I can remember watching was the 1979 PIrates and I haven't missed one since.

Funny, that's the first WS clincher I remember too. I was born in '72, and I remember bits and pieces of the Yankees/Dodgers series in '77 and '78, but '79 is the first clincher I remember. It stands out because I remember Earl Weaver making several pitching changes at the end of the game to try to get some guys into the game that hadn't had a chance to play yet.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't watch much postseason baseball if the Sox aren't involved.

No disrespect meant, but I just don't understand this line of thinking at all. The Sox have been in the post season a total of four times in my lifetime. I can't imagine missing Gibson's homer in '88, the Braves/Twins series in '91, or even the Red Sox comeback vs. the Yankees in '04 just because the White Sox weren't involved.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
It probably will be; but, it would be cool to be up five or six hundred bucks for the two games! :cool:

If you make five or six hundred bucks off two Red Sox games, I'll come over and mop your floors for you, especially if the Sox suck again in '08.

I, and many people I know, took a bath on Red Sox and Yankees tickets this year. I did ok in '06 on a couple of games I sold, but that was only because the Sox were competitive and coming off the WS victory.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Mike Lowell's going to have two more World Series rings than A-Rod before the end of the night.

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
No disrespect meant, but I just don't understand this line of thinking at all. The Sox have been in the post season a total of four times in my lifetime. I can't imagine missing Gibson's homer in '88, the Braves/Twins series in '91, or even the Red Sox comeback vs. the Yankees in '04 just because the White Sox weren't involved.

Yeah, I just dont understand that at all. I dont watch the playoffs and think to myself "geez, that should the Sox there."

The baseball playoffs, to me, are still fun to watch, and your right, you never know what something "classic" is bound to happen. Look at the Rockies this year, last year the Cardinals winning, our Sox in '05, the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 against the Yankees and sweeping the Series.

These are moments that will stand the test of time and all baseball fans will remember.

thomas35forever
10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
This series is over. Bring out the champaigne now.

PKalltheway
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I just dont understand that at all. I dont watch the playoffs and think to myself "geez, that should the Sox there."

The baseball playoffs, to me, are still fun to watch, and your right, you never know what something "classic" is bound to happen. Look at the Rockies this year, last year the Cardinals winning, our Sox in '05, the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 against the Yankees and sweeping the Series.

These are moments that will stand the test of time and all baseball fans will remember.
The 2001 World Series was the best one I have ever watched. I can't even fathom missing that one.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM

Plus, because you've seen these moments, it provides a basis and perspective to make the rare White Sox appearances that more powerful and meaningful for you. I can't imagine, for example, being moved by the 2005 experience as much as I was if I had never watched a World Series game prior to that.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
The 2001 World Series was the best one I have ever watched. I can't even fathom missing that one.

That was an incredible series. The Jeter walkoff at Yankee Stadium is one of my all-time favorite non-White Sox related baseball moments. I just picked up the mlb World Series dvd for that series recently. The Tino, Jeter and Brosius homers are all included as extras.

LongLiveFisk
10-28-2007, 10:41 PM
This series is over. Bring out the champaigne now.

Well as they say, "It ain't over 'til it's over", but at this point it definitely looks as though it will be a light traffic day in Boston tomorrow. You know half that city will certainly be blowing off work!

chisoxmike
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Plus, because you've seen these moments, it provides a basis and perspective to make the rare White Sox appearances that more powerful and meaningful for you. I can't imagine, for example, being moved by the 2005 experience as much as I was if I had never watched a World Series game prior to that.

Exactly, all those years watching teams celebrate made 2005 even better. We finally got there and won.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
That may have been the dagger.

Brian26
10-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Before the coronation of the Champions, Joe Buck already has ARod going to the Red Sox and Lowell playing first for the Yankees.

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM

If you make five or six hundred bucks off two Red Sox games, I'll come over and mop your floors for you, especially if the Sox suck again in '08.

I, and many people I know, took a bath on Red Sox and Yankees tickets this year. I did ok in '06 on a couple of games I sold, but that was only because the Sox were competitive and coming off the WS victory.
When I was at the rain-out game last season against the Red Sox, I was standing behind my section (112) talking with a Red Sox fan. He told me that to sit in my section at Fenway would set him back $700 per ticket. He told me the Green Monster is $2,000. This is regular season, mind you. He told me I could sell my tickets for $200-300 each and it would actually save the Red Sox fan despite having to pay for airfare and hotel to get to Chicago over what it would cost for a weekend series in Boston.

With a current World Series title under their belts, a four game series over an August weekend in Chicago before the kids are back in school, I expect to get $300-400 per ticket. That's 8 tickets for the series which means between $2,400 and 3,200. My total full season invoice is around $5,800, so that's not too bad.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Before the coronation of the Champions, Joe Buck already has ARod going to the Red Sox and Lowell playing first for the Yankees.

I heard that and shook my head. It's useless to speculate on what may happen, especially since the season hasn't actually ended, yet. A-Rod likely won't be back with the Yankees, but that's the only thing we know at this point.

thomas35forever
10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Woooo! Home run Atkins! 4-3 Boston.:D:

DumpJerry
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Papelbon looks like a Ferret.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Papelbon looks like a Ferret.

Nice haircut though.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:00 AM
WSI destructs in 5.....4.....3.....2.....

thomas35forever
10-29-2007, 12:02 AM
That would've been huge, but what a catch.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM

only if you want it to...

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Meh. It's not like this is a surprise to us. Cub fans are surprised, but who cares?

Dan Mega
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Are we going to stop hearing about 2004 now?

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I just texted a Red Sox fan I know my congrats and told her to keep the Trophy warm for the Real Sox next year as history will repeat itself.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Damn it.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Joe Buck sucks .

"The only downside is that the Red Sox celebrate on the road again and not with their fans." :rolleyes:

hi im skot
10-29-2007, 12:09 AM
That was boring.

Bring on 2008.

itsnotrequired
They should get off the field and get hammered in the locker room.

DumpJerry
Too bad el Duque didn't play for the Rox.

SoxSpeed22
10-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Good for them.
See you next year.

whtsx1959
Royce Clayton on a team that wins the World Series?

How soon 'til the universe folds in on itself

DumpJerry
"American League wins the World Series" In other news, water is wet.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:11 AM

Royce Clayton has a World Series ring.

Jim Thome does not.

That's not right. Not right at all.

JGarlandrules20
10-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Congrats Red Sox. I just wish the Rockies would have put up even a little bit more of a fight. Still, a great season for both teams.

Hendu
10-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Yawn. This series was really boring, as was most of the 2007 playoffs. Now hopefully the Red Sox will be seen as just another team with a huge payroll.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:15 AM
The locker room hat and shirt are nice this year.

Huisj
10-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, the 2007 baseball season officially goes down as one of the most lousy ones I can remember. The Sox were out of contention almost all year, and the playoffs were really boring, capped off by a terribly boring world series won by a team I dislike significantly. Sure, Buehrle's no hitter was nice, seeing Thome's 500th in person was neat, but overall, a blah season. I guess the last week race in the NL West/Wild Card was kind of neat.

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Yawn. This series was really boring, as was most of the 2007 playoffs. Now hopefully the Red Sox will be seen as just another team with a huge payroll.
Nope. They will be seen as just another team with a huge payroll and the most obnoxious fans in the history of civilization dating back to when Sparta and Athens would square off 4,000 or so years ago.

DSpivack
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Selig looks thrilled. Hilarious was that he had a hard time searching for words.

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
The locker room hat and shirt are nice this year.
Go buy one.:redneck

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Go buy one.:redneck

**** that. I'd rather throw $30 in the Chicago River.

DumpJerry
10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Selig looks thrilled. Hilarious was that he had a hard time searching for words.
Selig has a hard time searching for his brain.

Brian26
10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

He messed up the presentation and didn't officially pronounce them 2007 World Champions. I guess he was distracted by Jeannie's beauty and talent.

thomas35forever
10-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Mike Lowell is the World Series' Most Valuable Player.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Mike Lowell is the World Series' Most Valuable Player.

He deserved it.

Brian26
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
This trophy presentation is a train wreck. Has Selig been drinking? He gave Lowell the wrong trophy.

thomas35forever
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM

How soon 'til the universe folds in on itself
December 21, 2012 as said by the end of the Mayan calendar.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2007, 12:25 AM
This trophy presentation is a train wreck. Has Selig been drinking? He gave Lowell the wrong trophy.

Hey, he's got a lot on his plate.

Brian26
10-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Nice color coordination, Grace.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Nice color coordination, Grace.

Whats-his-nuts pants were way too big.

Brian26
10-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Whats-his-nuts pants were way too big.

Jeannie's pants were just fine. You guys just don't recognize true beauty.

chisoxmike
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
The best team won.

Brian26
10-29-2007, 12:32 AM
The best team won.

I agree. And they beat the fifth best team to do it.

Patrick134
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
I agree. And they beat the fifth best team to do it.

The fifth best AAA team.

PKalltheway
10-29-2007, 12:36 AM
First time the team with the best record in baseball won the World Series since 1998, and only the second time in 20 years....
EDIT: They're actually the 3rd. (1989 A's, 1998 Yankees, 2007 Red Sox)

In the last 20 years the AL has a staggering six World Series sweeps (1989, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007) to the NL's one (1990).

Congratulations Boston.

UserNameBlank
10-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I guess he was distracted by Jeannie's beauty and talent.
^Simply awesome.

Congrats to Fenway, Fenway's friends, and Fenway's family.

Screw everyone else. I hate the Red Sox.

Jjav829
10-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Congrats to all the AL fans. Enjoy buying those "An AL team won the World Series" shirts and caps. :?::rolleyes:

I generally don't believe in moral victories for the losing team, but this was one for the Rockies. It's tough for them that they lost in the World Series, but what a year for them. How many people, even in Colorado, thought the Rockies would do anything this year? And to finish the way they did and steamroll to the World Series was just a great year for them.

Thanks to the Rockies for making the playoffs fun this year. :gulp:

Oblong
10-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I counted 3 times where Buck or McCarver or somebody at Fox "whined" about the Red Sox not being able to win the WS in either year in front of the Fenway park crowd? I guess they still have to be a victim somehow.

spiffie
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
^Simply awesome.

Congrats to Fenway, Fenway's friends, and Fenway's family.

Screw everyone else. I hate the Red Sox.
Yup. That pretty much says it all.

Hitmen77
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
First time the team with the best record in baseball won the World Series since 1998, and only the second time in 20 years....
EDIT: They're actually the 3rd. (1989 A's, 1998 Yankees, 2007 Red Sox)

In the last 20 years the AL has a staggering six World Series sweeps (1989, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007) to the NL's one (1990).

Congratulations Boston.

An AL sweep for the 3rd time in 4 years. I wonder if this is the first time that has been done without the Yankees being part of it?

It makes me wonder what the heck happened to the Tigers in the World Series last year.

This year, either ALCS contestant would have been heavy favorites to beat the Rockies. I bet the Indians and their fans are really having a hard time watching Boston winning the trophy knowing that it could have been them.

downstairs
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow. That was an empty, emotionless, boring World Series.

Everything close to a comeback was clearly far too late, and meaningless.

I don't hate the Red Sox. I wanted The Rockies to win, but more than anything I wanted a good series.

Hey MLB... can we get a series where BOTH teams show up, one of these years!?? Pretty please?!?

PKalltheway
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Congrats to all the AL fans. Enjoy buying those "An AL team won the World Series" shirts and caps. :?::rolleyes:

I generally don't believe in moral victories for the losing team, but this was one for the Rockies. It's tough for them that they lost in the World Series, but what a year for them. How many people, even in Colorado, thought the Rockies would do anything this year? And to finish the way they did and steamroll to the World Series was just a great year for them.

Thanks to the Rockies for making the playoffs fun this year. :gulp:

Even though the Rox got blown out this year in the World Series, I think they'll be alright in the long run. They got enough good, young talent, and if the pitching holds up, they'll definitely be a factor in the NL West for years to come. They'll definitely have a swagger to them going into 2008.

Fenway
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
The Boston Red Sox completed a four-game World Series sweep on Sunday, leaving FOX with a nightly win, but also three more days of repeats instead of baseball.

Overall, FOX averaged a 10.8 rating/17 share for the night, far ahead of the 8.6/14 for ABC or CBS' 7.3/11. NBC (3.2/5) and The CW (0.8/1) were hardly factors.

FOX also did a 6.0 rating among adults 18-49, beating ABC's 5.0 rating in the key demographic. CBS had a 2.6 rating, followed by the 1.7 rating for NBC. The CW's 0.4 rating was just silly.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings102807,0,1532553.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

AZChiSoxFan
10-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Even though the Rox got blown out this year in the World Series, I think they'll be alright in the long run. They got enough good, young talent, and if the pitching holds up, they'll definitely be a factor in the NL West for years to come. They'll definitely have a swagger to them going into 2008.

I disagree. This is a team that spent the vast majority of the season in either 3rd or 4th place. I view the Rox as nothing more than a team that had an incredibly hot streak from mid-Sep to mid-Oct.

AZChiSoxFan
10-29-2007, 06:17 PM
The Boston Red Sox completed a four-game World Series sweep on Sunday, leaving FOX with a nightly win, but also three more days of repeats instead of baseball.

Overall, FOX averaged a 10.8 rating/17 share for the night, far ahead of the 8.6/14 for ABC or CBS' 7.3/11. NBC (3.2/5) and The CW (0.8/1) were hardly factors.

FOX also did a 6.0 rating among adults 18-49, beating ABC's 5.0 rating in the key demographic. CBS had a 2.6 rating, followed by the 1.7 rating for NBC. The CW's 0.4 rating was just silly.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings102807,0,1532553.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

Where do the numbers for this WS rank compared to other WS?

manders_01
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
So I just wanted to post a little something so that it no one thinks I'm a bad sport. It's hard to now post about the World Series as I was sans-WSI all weekend and I don't think I should go back and comment on posts that are way old.

That being said, although this series was a tad on the boring side, it was still very enjoyable. Denver was buzzing on Saturday and the energy was definetly something I've not experienced before. It's already been stated that the ownership is willing to pay to keep the core group together. I see great things for the Rockies in the future.

Jjav829
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
I disagree. This is a team that spent the vast majority of the season in either 3rd or 4th place. I view the Rox as nothing more than a team that had an incredibly hot streak from mid-Sep to mid-Oct.

I disagree with your disgareement. The Rockies have a lot of young talent. This is definitely a team on the rise. Holliday is an MVP-calibur player. Tulowitzki is one of the better shortstops in the game already. Helton is nowhere near the player he used to be, but he still has some productive years left. Atkins is a good player. Ditto for Hawpe. Taveras gives them a solid leadoff hitter. Throw in a couple young positions players who don't have a place to play right now in Koshansky and Ian Stewart and you're looking at a team loaded with hitters. And Dexter

And their future isn't too shabby in the pitching department either. Francis is a quality lefty. Morales and Jimenez both could have bright futures ahead of them. Jason Hirsh showed some signs of being able to pitch at this level before injuries cut his season short. They have a lot of potential in their rotation.

There is a lot of potential on the Rockies. They could definitely be a contender in the NL West for quite a few years if a few of those pitchers pan out.