PDA

View Full Version : My Newly Revamped 2008 Sox

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 10:36 PM
With A-Rod practically gone now, I have decided to revamp my 2008 Sox that I came up with.

Sox Trade Contreras, Crede, pick up Uribe's option for trade, and middle class prospect to the Dodgers for Rafael Furcal, Matt Kemp, and Jonathan Broxton.

sox decline options on Scott Podsednik, and Mike Myers

Sox pick up option on Darin Erstad

Sox sign Torri Hunter

Sox Trade Paul Konerko to the Angels for Casey Kotchman, Scott Shields and prospect

Sox Sign Garland to extension.

Sox Release Toby Hall

Sox release Mike Macdougal

2008 Lineup
Rafael Furcal SS
Torri Hunter CF
Jim Thome DH
Jermaine Dye RF
A.J. Pierzynski C
Josh Fields 3B
Matt Kemp LF
Casey Kotchman 1B
Danny Richar 2b

Bench
Erstad
Lucy
Cintron
Ozuna

Rotation
Mark Buehrle
Javier Vazquez
Jon Garland
John Dank
Floyd, Broadway, or Gonzalez

Bulpen
Bobby Jenks
Scott Shields
Jonathan Broxton
Matt Thorton
Boone Logan
Ehren Wasserman
either Floyd or Broadway (No chance for Gonzalez to keep him as a starter in the minors for 2009 if not this year)

What you think?

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
What you think?

Teams do not release players under contract for a few million bucks.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Teams do not release players under contract for a few million bucks.

well then they trade them for minor leaguers

Brian26
10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Sox Trade Contreras and Crede and middle class prospect to the Dodgers for Rafael Furcal, Matt Kemp, and Jonathan Broxton.

I stopped reading after this.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 10:51 PM
I stopped reading after this.
whats wrong with that....the sox would get a good replacement for uribe a good bulpen guy and an outfielder who could be great.

Brian26
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
whats wrong with that....the sox would get a good replacement for uribe a good bulpen guy and an outfielder who could be great.

If the Dodgers were to make that trade without wanting huge cash incentives from the Sox, I'd drive Contreras and Crede to the airport. The Sox would be clearing millions off their books, addressing the ss problem, and getting two of the biggest stud rookie prospects in the National League.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 10:58 PM
If the Dodgers were to make that trade without wanting huge cash incentives from the Sox, I'd drive Contreras and Crede to the airport. The Sox would be clearing millions off their books, addressing the ss problem, and getting two of the biggest stud rookie prospects in the National League.

how bout I add that the sox give 5 mil a year for Contreras' contract? does that make it somewhat better

esbrechtel
10-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I refuse to watch a sox team with Lucy as the regular back up catcher...

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:02 PM
I refuse to watch a sox team with Lucy as the regular back up catcher...
You never even gave him a chance to show what he can do....he cant be worse than Toby Hall now.

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM

But it worked in the video game!

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
But it worked in the video game!
Thank you:D:

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Thank you:D:
FYI, I was not complimenting the trade ideas.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Thats okay...its a team I wouldn't mind the sox sending out every day though.

Brian26
10-27-2007, 11:09 PM

Back when we were growing up, you couldn't make trades on RBI baseball. Those were the days :D:

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Thats okay...its a team I wouldn't mind the sox sending out everyday though.

I wouldn't mind having Santana, MB, Beckett, Webb, and Bucholz as my starting five next year.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't mind having Santana, MB, Beckett, Webb, and Bucholz as my starting five next year.
When I said that I wouldnt mind sending that team out I was trying to keep it as realistic as I could.

Brian26
10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm fascinated by the evoultion of his trades.

The original idea was to trade Konerko straight up for Shields. While clearing some money off the Sox books, I anticipate a move like that would also clear some season ticket holders off the books too. At least he's added Kotchman to try to even things out.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm fascinated by the evoultion of his trades.

The original idea was to trade Konerko straight up for Shields. While clearing some money off the Sox books, I anticipate a move like that would also clear some season ticket holders off the books too. At least he's added Kotchman to try to even things out.
That is why I named this thread My Newly Revamped 2008 Sox

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 11:21 PM
When I said that I wouldnt mind sending that team out I was trying to keep it as realistic as I could.

Sadly, I think you failed in your attempt. Teams do not trade stud prospects for another team's injured or crappy players owed a lot of money.

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Sadly, I think you failed in your attempt. Teams do not trade stud prospects for another team's injured or crappy players owed a lot of money.
LOL... so true but maybe the GM of the dodgers drank a couple to many with Kenny one night and he tricked him into the trade:gulp:

Brian26
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
LOL... so true but maybe the GM of the dodgers drank a couple to many with Kenny one night and he tricked him into the trade:gulp:

I think that already happened with Jeff Barry/Jon Berry.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/010726baldwin.html

gogosox16
10-27-2007, 11:32 PM
I think that already happened with Jeff Barry/Jon Berry.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/010726baldwin.html

Wow I never knew about that...thats messed up about the wrong guy

Boondock Saint
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Dude, it's a long offseason, and you're using your absurd scenarios up all at once. If you take all of your pipe dream, video game trades and sprinkle one each into a separate "Newly Revamped 2008 Sox" thread, you'll certainly be able to make them last until spring training. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon enough.