PDA

View Full Version : First impression of Coors Field

Fenway
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM
That is one big outfield :o:

It reminds a lot of The Jake on first impression with the brickwork outside reminding me of AT&T Park.

Even the Boston media is stunned by how many Red Sox fans are here and it looks like a lot of folks made the drive as we see Mass, RI and NH plates everywhere.

BUT there seem to be more Green Bay fans here..the cheeseheads are EVERYWHERE and lots of RV's with Wisconsin plates.

Beautiful park.

Didn't know there was a trainyard behind the park.....lots of locomotives going back and forth.

Fenway
10-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I climbed to the last row of the Rockpile and they must be the furthest seats from the plate in MLB. Wow.

MUsoxfan
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I had a great experience when I was there in April. Even though those seats are 600ft away from homeplate, they're still only $5 day of regular season game.

oeo
10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
That is one big outfield :o:

It should be incredible to see Manny try to cover all that ground.

cnw8052
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Is anyone really watching this series?

Personally I just can't stomach seeing and hearing any more Boston this, Boston that. UGH.

Patrick134
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Since when does he try ?

ChiSoxFan35
10-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I've heard it's a nice park. I once met a Rockies fan outside Us Cell when I was buying tickets on an off day, she was photographing the outside of the stadium, she really liked it, was doing it for class, real nice person

DSpivack
10-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I liked Coors. The look/dimensions/setup of the park reminded me almost exactly of Turner (especially in terms of the upper deck in right but not left), except much better looking. Not the most beautiful or the best, but certainly nothing I can say wrong with it.

Brian26
10-27-2007, 10:14 PM

According to Joe Buck, Manny has been Yaz-like in the outfield.

ilsox7
10-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Coors Field is awesome. I'd probably put it #2 behind Pac-Bell (or whatever it is now called) of the stadiums I have been to.

SOX LA Mikey
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
without a doubt the finest sunset in MLB

...do any other parks incorporate the sunset into their design?

johnr1note
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I personally like the flora in the bullpens.

goofymsfan
10-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I loved Coors Field. I was there in August. Absolutely beautiful ballpark. I have pictures from my trip there up on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/goofymsfan (http://www.myspace.com/goofymsfan) if anyone wants to check them out.

skobabe8
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Coors Field is awesome. I'd probably put it #2 behind Pac-Bell (or whatever it is now called) of the stadiums I have been to.

Coors is my #1. I was there for an april '05 game and met an old usher that was extremely nice. He wished me good luck with the White Sox season. That place is phenomenal. And I think the neighborhood gets overlooked, its a great mix of bars and condos without being too much.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Coors is my #1. I was there for an april '05 game and met an old usher that was extremely nice. He wished me good luck with the White Sox season. That place is phenomenal. And I think the neighborhood gets overlooked, its a great mix of bars and condos without being too much.

The little river running near there is awesome as well. Lots of nice walking paths and green spaces.

skobabe8
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
The little river running near there is awesome as well. Lots of nice walking paths and green spaces.

Something I didnt even get to see. I just walked from the parking garage to the field.

I need to go back.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Something I didnt even get to see. I just walked from the parking garage to the field.

I need to go back.

The REI in Denver is right on the little river and is inside an old power plant. Awesome building.

http://www.rei.com/stores/18