PDA

View Full Version : This Date In Sox History 10-28

Lip Man 1
10-27-2007, 11:27 AM
October 28, 2005 - The largest turnout for a championship celebration in Chicago sports history happens as nearly two million people line the parade route in the downtown area / South Side to honor the World Series Champions. The Sox players and management address the crowd and Paul Konerko presents the last out / game ball to owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Lip

ChiSoxGirl
10-27-2007, 02:30 PM
October 28, 2005 - The largest turnout for a championship celebration in Chicago sports history happens as nearly two million people line the parade route in the downtown area / South Side to honor the World Series Champions. The Sox players and management address the crowd and Paul Konerko presents the last out / game ball to owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Lip

Yet another of the days from October 2005 that are among the greatest of my life and that I'd like to relive.

This is a little blurry, but it's one of the best pictures I took on that cool, but sunny Friday afternoon, while standing in the second row of people at the corner of LaSalle & Wacker.

HomeFish
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
My favorite moment from that parade was when a guy climbed a streetlight to get a better view of the parade. A cop came by and yelled at him to get down, but the guy refused -- and the cop couldn't do a damn thing about it, because there were so many people packed in between him and the pole that he couldn't get through!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-27-2007, 03:43 PM
My favorite memories of that season were from this victory parade. I stood and cheered all the buses as they traveled east on Harrison Street and then caught up to them to cheer a second time along LaSalle Street underneath the Lake Street L line.

I saw the guy climb the poll and steal the banner, figured it was too noisy to hear anything from the stage and ducked into Monk's to drink Guinness and watch the entire championship rally on TV inside the bar. I saw (and heard) Konerko give Reinsdorf the championship ball.

Next I wandered around the Loop taking pictures of the Sox championship banners draping the sides of buildings and the various civic monuments wearing Sox memorabilia. My favorite? The mounted Indian chiefs at Michigan & Congress wearing white socks. Classic...

My best day ever as a Sox Fan.

:thumbsup: