PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox are more like the Yankees than the Yankees

Fenway
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
:?:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/10/27/2007-10-27_red_sox_are_more_like_the_yankees_than_t.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/10/27/2007-10-27_red_sox_are_more_like_the_yankees_than_t.html)

Of course, there's one way to practically guarantee the Red Sox becoming the new villains of baseball, and that's by signing Alex Rodriguez for a billion dollars or so.

People around the Red Sox don't rule it out, because the club is one of the few in baseball that could pay a player the $30 million a year agent Scott Boras has told the world he expects as a minimum.

With the contracts of Curt Schilling and Mike Lowell expiring, and one year left for Manny Ramirez, the Sox potentially could be ridding themselves of plenty of money. Sox owner John Henry has made known his fondness for A-Rod, and team president Larry Lucchino always has been intrigued with Rodriguez since the Players Association refused to allow the trade with the Rangers in December of 2003 to go through.

ChiSoxFan35
10-27-2007, 10:44 PM
The one thing that soured me about Boston was when Rodriguez was getting traded, it was fine when Boston was about to get him, but when it ended up being NY, then it became REAL hypocritical with many of their fans citing this was what as wrong with baseball and all that jib, like they also didn't have a 100+ mill payroll And if your team can,fine, more power to you, but I thought that as lame

Hokiesox
10-27-2007, 11:58 PM
You don't need A-Rod to be the Yankees. You already are.

After the Red Sox win this World series, I'm rooting for the yankees next year in the East. I now hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees.

DSpivack
10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
You don't need A-Rod to be the Yankees. You already are.

After the Red Sox win this World series, I'm rooting for the yankees next year in the East. I now hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees.

I'll root for anyone but the Yankees or Red Sox, the two are nearly synonymous to me. So, go Toronto, Baltimore, and/or Tampa! Too bad that's likely futile.