PDA

View Full Version : Grady Little on thin ice?

Fenway
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Beginning to look like old friend Grady may not be around much longer

Torre's name has come up and now this

Joe Girardi might have an opportunity to manage in the majors in 2008 -- even if he doesn't get the Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)' job.

Officials familiar with Girardi's job prospects said Thursday if the Yankees do not hire him to succeed Joe Torre, then Girardi could have a developing opportunity with the Los Angeles Dodgers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=lad).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3079140

Craig Grebeck
10-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, Grady certainly has many faults, but for the love of all things holy, how does Ned Coletti have a job?

soxfanreggie
10-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Hope he gets a nice buyout if it happens.

jabrch
10-26-2007, 11:25 AM
The Dodgers should be disappointed in Little. They had a ton of talent, had great performances by players, and still couldn't get into the playoffs.

Coletti has donoe a great job fixing the crap that Depodesta created. I think he is now realizing why the Red Sox didn't want Little around either. He manages to regularly get less from his talent than he should.

jabrch
10-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Hope he gets a nice buyout if it happens.

He won't - they have a club option. He will be sent home with nothing.

Fenway
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Grady might have been fired even if he had won the 2003 pennant. The Red Sox were spending a fortune on advance scouting and Grady would throw the printouts in the trash without looking at them.

He hated Pedro and I am convinced that he left Pedro in Game 7 knowing he would fail. Everybody watching the game was screaming "get Pedro out of there." knowing that after 100 pitches Pedro was done.

The only good that came from Gradygate was then the Red Sox went out and got Schilling and Foulke.

palehozenychicty
10-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Grady Little is a bad manager. His job will be gone if they start the season poorly, if they let him get there.

Oblong
10-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Grady might have been fired even if he had won the 2003 pennant. The Red Sox were spending a fortune on advance scouting and Grady would throw the printouts in the trash without looking at them.

He hated Pedro and I am convinced that he left Pedro in Game 7 knowing he would fail. Everybody watching the game was screaming "get Pedro out of there." knowing that after 100 pitches Pedro was done.

The only good that came from Gradygate was then the Red Sox went out and got Schilling and Foulke.

I can't remember the specifics but I remember reading in Feeding the Monster that during the 2003 playoffs a situation came up where Little went for the traditional "LH/LH" pitching/hitting matchup when the scouting reports explicitly said to do the exact opposite with these players. That's when they finally realized he wasn't even reading the reports. Eptsein was sitting with Henry and they wanted to fire him during the game.

Fenway
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I can't remember the specifics but I remember reading in Feeding the Monster that during the 2003 playoffs a situation came up where Little went for the traditional "LH/LH" pitching/hitting matchup when the scouting reports explicitly said to do the exact opposite with these players. That's when they finally realized he wasn't even reading the reports. Eptsein was sitting with Henry and they wanted to fire him during the game.

Theo has said he almost jumped the rail at Yankee Stadium to pull Pedro himself.