PDA

View Full Version : This Date In Sox History 10-24

Lip Man 1
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
October 24, 2000 - Ken Williams is named the new G.M. replacing the retiring Ron Schueler. Williams, a former Sox player, would bring passion and heart to the position. He also wasn’t afraid to take risks, no matter how many times they failed. He eventually would create a World Series champion in 2005.

October 24, 2005 - The White Sox winning the pennant draws a small cover mention in Sports Illustrated. In the upper left corner is a photo of Paul Konerko swinging with the caption, "At Last! The White Sox Are In The World Series."

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2005/1024_large.jpg

Lip

jackbrohamer
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
As the only day off during the '05 World Series, 10/24/05 was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong day.

SOXPHILE
10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
As the only day off during the '05 World Series, 10/24/05 was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong day.

...and hopefully, we all got plenty of rest on that day, as we would need it in order to watch the entire 14 inning marathon the following evening, although we didn't know it at the time.

One thing I remember from that off day was all the stories about the Astros *****ing about MLB telling them they had to play with the roof open. I believe it was 70 something degrees and clear skies in Houston, and they were crying that they wanted the roof closed. Something dumb about them thinking they played better, or had better luck that way.

chisox77
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I remember just enjoying everything about the White Sox going into the World Series. It was great. Let's get back there and win it again!

:cool: