PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot Kansas City

Chisox353014
04-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Grimsley wild pitch scores the winning run. KC blows a 7-2 8th inning lead.
Toons are now 11-1. ***?!?!?!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

voodoochile
04-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Grimsley wild pitch scores the winning run. KC blows a 7-2 8th inning lead.
Toons are now 11-1. ***?!?!?!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yeah, but starting Tuesday, they have to play a real team...

Bmr31
04-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Yeah, but starting Tuesday, they have to play a real team...

Hey give the tribe the credit they deserve, they are playing well. We lost 2 of 3 to that "unreal" team. You should know by now, any team can win any game on any given day. The 11-1 start is legit...

MikeKreevich
04-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Hey give the tribe the credit they deserve, they are playing well. We lost 2 of 3 to that "unreal" team. You should know by now, any team can win any game on any given day. The 11-1 start is legit...
No Way! The Space shuttle blasts off strait up and it too will settle back to earth someday. You wanna tell me that Ellis Burke is going to hit .450 this year?

Bisco Stu
04-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Can't rely on Kansas Sh*tty to do our work for us.

Tribe's for real. So are we. Let's play next week and see what's up.

Bmr31
04-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

No Way! The Space shuttle blasts off strait up and it too will settle back to earth someday. You wanna tell me that Ellis Burke is going to hit .450 this year?

No but what i will tell you is the indians have a good baseball team. They remind me of seattle last season, in many ways...

doublem23
04-14-2002, 01:03 AM

No but what i will tell you is the indians have a good baseball team. They remind me of seattle last season, in many ways...

Ha Ha... I doubt a team that starts Brady Anderson is capable of winning 90 games let alone 116...

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Ha Ha... I doubt a team that starts Brady Anderson is capable of winning 90 games let alone 116...

if you remember correctly, the mariners offense was projected to be awful last season. They lead baseball in offense. Im not saying the tribe will win 116. On the other hand, how many did we win in 2000, with chris singleton? Id rather have Brady......

kermittheefrog
04-14-2002, 01:25 AM

if you remember correctly, the mariners offense was projected to be awful last season. They lead baseball in offense. Im not saying the tribe will win 116. On the other hand, how many did we win in 2000, with chris singleton? Id rather have Brady......

It'd be hard for an offense with Edgar Martinez to be horrible and I don't see any Ichiros on that Cleveland roster. Anderson? BMR I had no idea you were so fond of .200 hitters.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

It'd be hard for an offense with Edgar Martinez to be horrible and I don't see any Ichiros on that Cleveland roster. Anderson? BMR I had no idea you were so fond of .200 hitters.

lol come on now. Once again i will repeat, noone had a clue the mariners could score runs and NOONE thought ichiro would be mvp. Anderson, who you call a 2oo hitter, has also hit 50 homers in a season. I have two points. THe indians are an improved team(and theyre a defending division winner) and my 2nd point is you never know............the indians have a good "feel" about them this season....

kermittheefrog
04-14-2002, 04:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=220413105

Check out the notes at the end of the recap. Team starts 14-1 and finishes 81-81, can't get too excited about a fast start.

DVG
04-14-2002, 04:26 AM

Check out the notes at the end of the recap. Team starts 14-1 and finishes 81-81, can't get too excited about a fast start.

Excellent point. I think it may be safe to say that this Indian
team MAY be a bit more talented than the 1966 team, though
I can't be sure.

Another point to make is that Cleveland also jumped out to a
10-1 start in 1959. Unless I have my baseball history wrong, I'm
pretty sure that they didn't win the pennant that year either.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by DVG

Excellent point. I think it may be safe to say that this Indian
team MAY be a bit more talented than the 1966 team, though
I can't be sure.

Another point to make is that Cleveland also jumped out to a
10-1 start in 1959. Unless I have my baseball history wrong, I'm
pretty sure that they didn't win the pennant that year either.

Don't worry. They're toast come Tuesday!

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 11:51 AM

i could care less about history. the indians have a very good baseball team and i expect them to win between 95 and 100 games.

voodoochile
04-14-2002, 11:56 AM

i could care less about history. the indians have a very good baseball team and i expect them to win between 95 and 100 games.

If that happens it will more be because they own the Twins and Detroit and KC both suck, not because there is anything that amazing about the talent on the Tribe. Don't get me wrong, they are a solid club, but they don't have enough offense, IMO to win that many games. Also, expect Baez and Colon to come back to earth when they start playing some better offensive clubs, though CC looks like he may be a serious stud.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 11:58 AM

If that happens it will more be because they own the Twins and Detroit and KC both suck, not because there is anything that amazing about the talent on the Tribe. Don't get me wrong, they are a solid club, but they don't have enough offense, IMO to win that many games. Also, expect Baez and Colon to come back to earth when they start playing some better offensive clubs, though CC looks like he may be a serious stud.

oh the weak division does help. On the other hand, with the changes they have made, they are also primed to go further into the playoffs than the past. I really hope im wrong, being i live and breathe whitesox baseball.......

GASHWOUND
04-14-2002, 12:02 PM

Uhh, don't think so. I see them with around 88-90 wins. I don't care if they are 11-1, that team isn't a 95-100 win team. Last year's team was 10 times better then this one and they only won what? 92 games or something. I see this team as the Twins of last year. UNSTOPPABLE in that first couple months, especially that 1st month and then they fell back down to earth that 2nd half. I see the same exact thing happening here.
So get real dude

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Uhh, don't think so. I see them with around 88-90 wins. I don't care if they are 11-1, that team isn't a 95-100 win team. Last year's team was 10 times better then this one and they only won what? 92 games or something. I see this team as the Twins of last year. UNSTOPPABLE in that first couple months, especially that 1st month and then they fell back down to earth that 2nd half. I see the same exact thing happening here.
So get real dude

watch a few baseball games outside of chicago before you throw out off the wall opinions. This years indians team is EASILY better than last years.......

voodoochile
04-14-2002, 12:04 PM

oh the weak division does help. On the other hand, with the changes they have made, they are also primed to go further into the playoffs than the past. I really hope im wrong, being i live and breathe whitesox baseball.......

You really think that team can win the series? They did get there twice in the mid and late 90's. I just don't see it. I understand why they are off to a hot start - they are a veteran club with pride and playoff experience, but I just don't think they are going to keep up their hot start.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 12:06 PM

You really think that team can win the series? They did get there twice in the mid and late 90's. I just don't see it. I understand why they are off to a hot start - they are a veteran club with pride and playoff experience, but I just don't think they are going to keep up their hot start.

can they win the series? YES. Will they? Probably not. The yanks are magical........the cards are STRONG, the giants are STRONG.....

voodoochile
04-14-2002, 12:10 PM

can they win the series? YES. Will they? Probably not. The yanks are magical........the cards are STRONG, the giants are STRONG.....

I know you deal more in general perceptions, but can you try to be more specific about what you see that make you say this years Tribe is stronger than teams from the past? Do you think they have better SP? RP? Offense? If so, what players stick out as being a major upgrade over past year's teams?

I agree that their SP is probably improved just by getting rid of Burba, but what else is there that makes you like that team so much?

Also, does the Sox start make you more or less optimistic about the season?

GASHWOUND
04-14-2002, 12:19 PM

watch a few baseball games outside of chicago before you throw out off the wall opinions. This years indians team is EASILY better than last years.......

Now that you've made that retarded statement, whatcha gonna do for an encore?

Now I know you're lost in lala land if you think this teams better than last years. How?

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 12:20 PM

I know you deal more in general perceptions, but can you try to be more specific about what you see that make you say this years Tribe is stronger than teams from the past? Do you think they have better SP? RP? Offense? If so, what players stick out as being a major upgrade over past year's teams?

I agree that their SP is probably improved just by getting rid of Burba, but what else is there that makes you like that team so much?

Also, does the Sox start make you more or less optimistic about the season?

to me, and history proves this, starting pitching is by far the most important thing for winning it all. I love the indians young arms. Those arms are way better than the crap they threw out there the past 10 years. I like SF, STL, NYY, OAK and CLEV, because of their starting pitching. Same reason i liked arizona last season. The d-bucks are getting old and have many injuries. As for the sox? they remind me of 2000. They can win 90 plus games but imsorry to say, that starting pitching isnt gonna take them very far after that....same goes for seattle, which also explains their early exit last season.....there, youve peaked into bmrs brain, lol

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

So get real dude

if you were around last season than you may remember me being about the only one who was saying the twins sucked, even when they were unstoppable, as you put it. The indians dont suck....

RedPinStripes
04-14-2002, 01:00 PM

if you were around last season than you may remember me being about the only one who was saying the twins sucked, even when they were unstoppable, as you put it. The indians dont suck....

They're an injury away from being pretty bad unlike the Sox. Twinkies and Indians have no bench at all.

Bmr31
04-14-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

They're an injury away from being pretty bad unlike the Sox. Twinkies and Indians have no bench at all.

bench? lol thats what the minor leagues are for.....but i hope youre right!

ma-gaga
04-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Thome has been just killing the ball this year. Last year it took him 3 months to get hot, no such luck this year. The Tribe is also riding Matt Lawtons hot start, and are getting some major pitching contributions.

They have a good team. A lot better than I ever thought they'd be this quickly. Their pitching is legit. Teams tend to ride their hot-starts... I hope that the Sox can put a dent into them.

KempersRS
04-21-2002, 04:19 PM

Hey give the tribe the credit they deserve... The 11-1 start is legit...

No it isn't.

rmusacch
04-21-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

No it isn't.

Yeah, you can say that in hindsight, now that they have lost six straight to division rivals. I actually thought at first that it was legit. If you saw the way they were winning some games especially the one that prompted the first post in this thread, they were winning in late innings, getting somewhat lucky. I just hope that they do not decide to bust out now and kick our asses during this week's four game series.

ma-gaga
04-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Yeah, you can say that in hindsight, now that they have lost six straight to division rivals. I actually thought at first that it was legit. If you saw the way they were winning some games especially the one that prompted the first post in this thread, they were winning in late innings, getting somewhat lucky. I just hope that they do not decide to bust out now and kick our asses during this week's four game series

No kidding. The first time the Twins played them they got DESTROYED by Cleveland. Their pitching looked absolutely tough and they played good defense and had timely hitting.

This sweep by the Twins, they looked completely different. Just don't leave a hanging slider to Thome. That guy can crush it. Luckily, he has no protection...

KempersRS
04-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Yeah, you can say that in hindsight, now that they have lost six straight to division rivals. I actually thought at first that it was legit. If you saw the way they were winning some games especially the one that prompted the first post in this thread, they were winning in late innings, getting somewhat lucky. I just hope that they do not decide to bust out now and kick our asses during this week's four game series.

But I'm not saying it in hindsight. I said it when they were 11-1 that they weren't that good and would not keep it up. Come on, there isn't enough talent for that team to be "legit" at 11-1. They are a slightly above average team.