PDA

View Full Version : This Date In Sox History 10-23

Lip Man 1
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
October 23, 2005 - Game #2 of the World Series ends in an unexpected and dramatic fashion as outfielder Scott Podsednik blasts a walk off home run. The shot off Houstonís Brad Lidge ends the game in a 7 - 6 White Sox win.

http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/4a/1a/d6_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/SCOTT-PODSEDNIK-8X10-CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-WORLD-SERIESgm2_W0QQitemZ260173344416QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 37592QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebaypho tohosting)

Lip

chisoxmike
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I'll never forget that Sunday night. An instant classic of a game. Probably the best game I've ever seen. The highs and lows are unforgettable.

stl_sox_fan
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
"Lidge has a new taste".

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I love Farmer's call of Paulie's Grand Slam "Swing and a long one to left, this one's gonna go, its a Slam, Sox lead 6-4, Light it up!"

DannyCaterFan
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Probably the greatest White Sox game of my lifetime, and I've been going to games for 45 years!

ChiSoxGirl
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll never forget that Sunday night. An instant classic of a game. Probably the best game I've ever seen. The highs and lows are unforgettable.

That was an absolutely unforgettable night. I'll always remember how we practically blew the roof off Puffer's with our celebrating... and the crying of certain people after Konerko's grand slam. :wink: I cried twice that night, and that was just the beginning of the tears for many Sox fans that week. :bandance:

DumpJerry
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I was there. Greatest thrill I ever had at Comiskey. Took me a month to get my voice back. Apparently screaming at the top of your lungs for 20 minutes non-stop after a walk-off home run in a World Series game is not good for the vocal chords.

jamokes
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
It truly was an amazing day for all Sox fans and for myself. The week before we had gone to London to see our son who was spending a semester there. Turns out my brother left me a message that I could use his tickets for game two. We left London Sunday morning, arriving at O'Hare about 4 pm in the rain......then straight to the game!!!

SOXPHILE
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I love Farmer's call of Paulie's Grand Slam "Swing and a long one to left, this one's gonna go, its a Slam, Sox lead 6-4, Light it up!"

One of my favorite calls of the whole year. I play it and re-play it all the time on all the DVD's in my 2005 Sox collection. I was driving like a madman through the rain back from the airport trying to get home as fast as I could, and heard the call on the radio, and almost drove off the road.

North Sox Sider
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Definitely a day/night i will never forget. I was actually working the game as a photorunner and we got there almost 3 hours before the game. It hailed about an hour before the game and there was a steady light rain all day. It was a frigid and raw day too. I was posted in the center field photo area in front of the concession stand. I remember the photographer I was with told me Konerko is going to hit this one out and this is while Qualls was just finishing his warm ups. I couldn't believe he hit a grand slam. The weird part was that I missed Pods homer. I had just ran a disk to the photo editor in the photo room beneath the stadium and I heard the huge roar and Farmers call but I didn't know who hit it. I couldn't believe it when I looked on a TV at the Security desk and it was Pods running the bases. It was a huge roar and a incredible night. I cant believe it has been 2 years already.