PDA

View Full Version : Here's a fun thing to ponder

Phil Bradley
10-20-2007, 01:59 AM
The Yankees approach Sweet Lou about the opening at New York. Unfounded? Absolutely but not that far fetched. The Cubs are up for sale and could potentially have a house cleaning top to bottom in the front office. The Yanks know this and may want someone with experience and have an open checkbook. Lou's a Yankee and an AL manager by trade. I would not be surprised to at least hear his name as speculation. Again, do I have anything to back this up? No. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. The aftermath, if nothing else, would be fun to watch from a distance.

Go Hoosiers!

Boondock Saint
10-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Lou said in an interview on ESPN 1000 that there's no way he leaves the Cubs for any reason this year.

103 screwball
10-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Lou said in an interview on ESPN 1000 that there's no way he leaves the Cubs for any reason this year.

Poor Lou. It's sad to watch such a proud man with such a notable career in baseball go senile.

Viva Medias B's
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Poor Lou. It's sad to watch such a proud man with such a notable career in baseball go senile.

But Lou and most other managers would probably prefer to go baseball senile than have to deal with George.

DSpivack
10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
But Lou and most other managers would probably prefer to go baseball senile than have to deal with George.

I don't think they'd have to deal with George Steinbrenner, from the sounds of it.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Lou's a Yankee and an AL manager by trade.

Maybe, but his only title, as a manager, came with Cincinnati.

johnr1note
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
The Yankees approach Sweet Lou about the opening at New York. Unfounded? Absolutely but not that far fetched. The Cubs are up for sale and could potentially have a house cleaning top to bottom in the front office. The Yanks know this and may want someone with experience and have an open checkbook. Lou's a Yankee and an AL manager by trade. I would not be surprised to at least hear his name as speculation. Again, do I have anything to back this up? No. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. The aftermath, if nothing else, would be fun to watch from a distance.

Go Hoosiers! I suppose everybody has a price, but why would Lou go to the pressure cooker that is the Yankee manager job, when he has a plum position in Chicago? I mean, Lou exceeded expectations with the Cubs, but anything less than a World Series winner is a disappointment in New York.

Brian26
10-20-2007, 01:33 PM

"Unless I die" - Lou, same interview from last week.

TDog
10-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Which is one more reason the Cubs won't win.