PDA

View Full Version : Forwarded message

Nellie_Fox
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I got this in my work email today, forwarded from a guy who's not a Sox fan, but thought I'd enjoy it:

Hiya, Chicago baseball fans:

Yoo-hoo! Here we are. We're waving our arms and wearing a grayish shirt with black trimming. You can't miss us.

No, over here, slightly toward the south ... No, dammit, that's north. Turn around. Why won't you turn around?

So that's how it's gonna be, huh? We capture your imagination with a gritty title-winning campaign, then all it takes is a single poopy-pants season to lose it?

We could accept being the second horse in a two-horse town if, as in New York, the first horse has a long and storied history of success. But to be considered second-class citizens behind a whimsically self-destructive organization like the Cubs, somehow deemed charming even as they invent new ways to lose? That ain't right and it ain't fair and it ain't right. Or fair.

Enough. We're officially washing our hands of you bozos. Screw you, bandwagon boy. Get bent, waffle girl. Don't come back when we return to contention in a year or two.

With pride and prejudice,
The Chicago Goddamn White Sox

WhiteSox5187
10-18-2007, 03:30 PM
I think every news letter or piece of info sent out of the Sox office should be signed by "The Chicago Goddamned White Sox." Very funny.

gregoriop
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Goddamn would have been caught in the filter for my work's email.

eriqjaffe
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I think every news letter or piece of info sent out of the Sox office should be signed by "The Chicago Goddamned White Sox." Very funny.One of those "a message from Mark Buehrle" messages could always be signed,

"See you at the ballpark,

Mark Mother****ing Buehrle"

Boondock Saint
10-18-2007, 05:46 PM
That just perfectly encapsulates how I feel about the White Sox, and bandwagon fans in general. I need to remember this the next time a Cub fan tells me that the Cubs are better than the Sox because they've got fans all over the country (when they're winning).

ChiSoxGirl
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I think every news letter or piece of info sent out of the Sox office should be signed by "The Chicago Goddamned White Sox." Very funny.

That'd be awesome!

One of those "a message from Mark Buehrle" messages could always be signed,

:roflmao:Nicely done; I love it! :bandance:

WhiteSox5187
10-18-2007, 10:36 PM

:rolling:

harwar
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Goddamn would have been caught in the filter for my work's email.
I wish that it were caught in the filter for this site as i find the word offensive.

WizardsofOzzie
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I wish that it were caught in the filter for this site as i find the word offensive.
How on god's green earth do you handle Ozzie then? :smile:

Goose
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I got this in my work email today, forwarded from a guy who's not a Sox fan, but thought I'd enjoy it:

We must know the same person. I got this yesterday as well.

esbrechtel
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM

:kneeslap:

fquaye149
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM

ok

Professor Snape
10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
ok

:yoohoo: