PDA

View Full Version : My 2008 Proposal

PorkChopExpress
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I miss the random speculation, so here is my idea for your 2008 White Sox. The way I see it, You trade Konerko+Garland to the Angels for Figgins+Kotchman+Shields. You trade Contreras+Cash to the Brewers for Bill Hall. That saves you about $15million. You then sign A-Rod for $30million (assuming he opts out of his contract). You will have to trade Crede for some bullpen help/prospects. Your team then looks something like this:

Figgins LF (Switch) $4.75m
Hall CF (Righty) $4.8 m
Thome DH (Lefty) $7m
A-Rod SS (Righty) $30m
Dye RF (Righty) $9.5m
Kotchman 1B (Lefty) $.4m
Fields 3B (Righty) $.4m
Pierzynski C (Lefty) $5.5m
Richar 2b (Lefty) $.4m

Buehrle $14m
Vazquez $11.5m
Danks $.4m
2 of Gonzalez/Floyd/Egbert/Broadway $.8m

Jenks (Closer) $.5m
Shields (Righty) $4.25m
Thornton (Lefty) $.875m
MacDougal (Righty) $1.95m
Logan (Lefty) $.4m
Wassermann (Righty) $.4m

Toby Hall C/1B $1.75m
Ozuna 2B/3B/LF $1.05m
Owens OF $.4m
Cintron 3B/SS/2B $1.5m
Bench guy + buyouts of Uribe and Erstad $2m

Yo're looking at a payroll of about $104.5million. Pitching may be weaker as you have some serious question marks in your starting five. The bullpen only has one change, so you're hoping guys like Thornton and MacDougal can regain their earlier forms. Defense is conceivably improved at 1B and SS (A-Rod has won a GG there, but that may be in the past). No Crede at 3B, but Fields is good enough.

Would you do this if it was possible?

The other option is to forget about A-Rod, and sign Hunter/Rowand for CF and use Bill Hall at SS. Of course I have no idea if the Brewers or Angels are actually or should be interested in these trades, but that is why it is speculation.

Chrisaway
10-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Sounds like playstation stuff to me.

Sargeant79
10-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Saying that there would be question marks in that starting five is pretty optimistic. I think that would be a recipe for disaster. Danks isn't ready to be counted on as a #3 starter, and having two rookies at 4 and 5 is a recipe for disaster.

Interesting ideas on the offensive side of things, but the pitching has to be there first and foremost.

MCHSoxFan
10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Saying that there would be question marks in that starting five is pretty optimistic. I think that would be a recipe for disaster. Danks isn't ready to be counted on as a #3 starter, and having two rookies at 4 and 5 is a recipe for disaster.

Interesting ideas on the offensive side of things, but the pitching has to be there first and foremost.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

chisoxmike
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
:hawk
"He's got that nintendo stuff, D.J."

thomas35forever
10-17-2007, 03:38 PM
How's all that gonna happen? Not a chance.

upperdeckusc
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
no way do you trade konerko and garland in the same deal. if you do, i expect to see kendrick and wood in there as well. i think you can get those 3 listed players for konerko and a prospect. then use garland for bullpen help or a SS. we get hosed in the deal that you propose. i wouldnt mind trading them, but the price has to be right.

cbrownson13
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Why in the world would the Brewers give up Bill Hall for Contreras and cash?